Line Combos: 2016-2017 Kings Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Goal totals from last season of the players who currently occupy the bottom six:

Andreoff - 8
Lewis - 8
King - 7
Shore - 3
Clifford - 3
Nolan - 0

29 goals from those six, an average of 4.83 goals for.

Every single one of those players were also in the negative in the +/- category, save for Nolan who was an even zero and Andreoff who was a +1. Both Shore and Lewis were a -10, King was a -6.

While I obviously don't expect these guys to be productive players, the numbers indicate that they can be a liability on the ice. That is something that is very concerning to me, especially if they're on the ice with a defenseman like McNabb or Greene.

I'm going to keep a close eye tonight to see how often the puck is trapped inside the Kings' end of the ice when the bottom six is on the ice.

andreoff 60 games
lewis 75 games
king 47 games
shore 68 games
clifford 51 games
Nolan 52 games

you are complaining about a group that had a lot injuries So not a normal year for King Nolan or Clifford Andreoff and shore were for the most part rookies getting there feet wet. The only one that you can really complain imo is lewis and he stops as many goals has he misses breakaways Probably one of the most underrated kings. There offense is fine normal bottom 6 on a defensive team.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
andreoff 60 games
lewis 75 games
king 47 games
shore 68 games
clifford 51 games
Nolan 52 games

you are complaining about a group that had a lot injuries So not a normal year for King Nolan or Clifford Andreoff and shore were for the most part rookies getting there feet wet. The only one that you can really complain imo is lewis and he stops as many goals has he misses breakaways Probably one of the most underrated kings. There offense is fine normal bottom 6 on a defensive team.

Wait, are you defending King? I knew you'd come around. ;)

Lewis should have his goal totals explode this year with Gibson being the #1 in Ducksville

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Lol to Dustin Brown having a bounce back season. He is DONE.

A lot of players from that draft are retired already; the league is going young and Brown has only been getting older, slower and stats worse every year.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Lol to Dustin Brown having a bounce back season. He is DONE.

A lot of players from that draft are retired already; the league is going young and Brown has only been getting older, slower and stats worse every year.

Never thought I'd see Brown back on #1 LW and top PP time.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
gilbert and dowd are the extras in tonights game along with pearson being suspended... well about that expected change. ya. no. these are the line rushes.

brown - kopitar - setoguchi

purcell - carter - toffoli

king - shore - lewis

clifford - andreoff - nolan

muzzin - doughty

forbort - martinez

mcnabb - greene

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The sharks will be laughing themselves silly when they see this. At least McNabb is out of the top 4.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I will say it again.

The most complete(roster wise), consistent team all season long last year (Washington Capitals) Dominant team start to finish. Didn't even make the Stanley Cup Finals.

Also the current roster, most likely will look different come Feb/March, due to injuries and trades/waivers ETC.

Sandino

Feb 3, 2006
Those signings over the summer, subtext: Not this year. Work in progress.

Or maybe the coaches and management actually believe this team can somehow grow outside of Toffoli & Pearson and compete for the championship?
I mean, they're all hopeful Brown, Gaborik, Purcell and Setoguchi can miraculously find their groove again? Nah.. it can't be. They wouldn't think that, would they?

Season ticket holders having to watch Anze Kopitar skate with Setoguchi and Brown..

It's already painful.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Those signings over the summer, subtext: Not this year. Work in progress.

Or maybe the coaches and management actually believe this team can somehow grow outside of Toffoli & Pearson and compete for the championship?
I mean, they're all hopeful Brown, Gaborik, Purcell and Setoguchi can miraculously find their groove again? Nah.. it can't be. They wouldn't think that, would they?

Season ticket holders having to watch Anze Kopitar skate with Setoguchi and Brown..

It's already painful.

Kopitar has had worse wingers.

It's like people forgot what the 2006-2012 Kings teams looked like.

The bottom six alone, use to filled with guys that couldn't even skate a regular NHL shift.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I will say it again.

The most complete(roster wise), consistent team all season long last year (Washington Capitals) Dominant team start to finish. Didn't even make the Stanley Cup Finals.

Also the current roster, most likely will look different come Feb/March, due to injuries and trades/waivers ETC.

The Penguins were the hottest team in the league after they made the coaching change, and they were loaded up and down the lineup after making some adjustments and were 4 centers deep. They had depth similar to the Kings' Cup winning teams.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Penguins were the hottest team in the league after they made the coaching change, and they were loaded up and down the lineup after making some adjustments and were 4 centers deep. They had depth similar to the Kings' Cup winning teams.

Pitt didn't start the season like that though.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yup, that's the point.

The Kings today can't really be used as a comparison though. The 2012 squad were only missing a few pieces.

This team is missing A LOT! It's no exaggeration in stating that top to bottom this team is scattered with holes. Just look at Kopitar's wingers, the lack of center depth and half of the blueline. There's just too many holes that can't be easily plugged.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings today can't really be used as a comparison though. The 2012 squad were only missing a few pieces.

This team is missing A LOT! It's no exaggeration in stating that top to bottom this team is scattered with holes. Just look at Kopitar's wingers, the lack of center depth and half of the blueline. There's just too many holes that can't be easily plugged.

I said that about the 2012 team with Jarret Stoll as the second line center and numerous holes in the lineup.

No one, not me, or you, knows what is going to happen.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I said that about the 2012 team with Jarret Stoll as the second line center and numerous holes in the lineup.

No one, not me, or you, knows what is going to happen.

Stoll was playing behind Kopitar and Richards, until he got hurt. I seem to recall Richards having a great start too with 20+ points in his first 20 odd games with the team.

He finished 4th on the team in scoring after Kopitar, Williams and Brown, and he produced in the playoffs.

They haven't replaced that loss in production, and also lost the production from Williams and Brown as well (as he's not the same player today).

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Stoll was playing behind Kopitar and Richards, until he got hurt. I seem to recall Richards having a great start too with 20+ points in his first 20 odd games with the team.

He finished 4th on the team in scoring after Kopitar, Williams and Brown, and he produced in the playoffs.

They haven't replaced that loss in production, and also lost the production from Williams and Brown as well (as he's not the same player today).

Point still stands, no one knows what's going to happen, not even you. Quick just got hurt, no one could see that coming game one.

Again it's a long season, where a lot is going to happen.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Point still stands, no one knows what's going to happen, not even you. Quick just got hurt, no one could see that coming game one.

The pom poms aren't shaking with as much vigor as this afternoon.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I wish Dean would just call up Kempe , Gravel , Ladue , Mersch and trade King and Mcnabb for some bottom 6 guys and let the kids play. Atleast we would see some energy and speed and skill. Mersch is slow and not NHL ready but that kid puts every puck straight to the net .

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Kempe-Kopitar-Toffoli
Pearson-Carter-Purcell
Brown-Dowd-Seto
Mersch-Andreoff-Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Ladue
Gravel-Martinez

Maybe we would see some energy . I still dont understand why we have bunch of players like Cliffodd , King , Lewis , Shore , Brown all in the lineup at same time who cant finish and no Dowd who can bring some intensity and skill into the lineup .

ShattStar03

Jul 21, 2008
Claremont, CA

I think you're forgetting the fact that Lombardi is one of the most conservative GMs in the league, all hell could freeze before he makes any considerable changes. Hell, the only reason why he fired Terry Murray was because upper management pressured him to do so.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kempe-Kopitar-Toffoli
Pearson-Carter-Purcell
Brown-Dowd-Seto
Mersch-Andreoff-Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Ladue
Gravel-Martinez

Maybe we would see some energy . I still dont understand why we have bunch of players like Cliffodd , King , Lewis , Shore , Brown all in the lineup at same time who cant finish and no Dowd who can bring some intensity and skill into the lineup .

Cause you would still see lots of turnovers, and rookies making rookie mistakes.

Then you would be complaining about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad