Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

output_XlR8a2_zps1hjkwbck.gif

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I highly doubt they'll be rushed back. The team has been playing well, all things considered. Now, I think Byron is a huge loss, perhaps even more than Gally, but those are two big pieces. Interested to see what Ghetto can do on a top line, and ftm, Scherbak.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Why is it weird?

concussions have no set time-table

some people need 4-5 days, some people need 4-5 weeks, some people need 4-5 months.

For sure. I'm not saying that we'd have a timeframe on his return yet. But we haven't even heard if it's an "upper body injury" or anything. Nothing at all since we were told he wouldn't be returning to the game on Wednesday.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
For sure. I'm not saying that we'd have a timeframe on his return yet. But we haven't even heard if it's an "upper body injury" or anything. Nothing at all since we were told he wouldn't be returning to the game on Wednesday.

I just hope its not one of the longer stretches..

but i think he'll be back in a couple weeks honestly

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I just hope its not one of the longer stretches..

but i think he'll be back in a couple weeks honestly

I'd hope so. He didn't look too bad after the hit. He got up pretty quickly after getting his legs untangled. I know that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be good to go soon, but I'd still rather be optimistic on this one. Byron has been so good this year.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Interesting piece from DLC regarding Desharnais.
My TL;DR : will comeback after Galchenyuk.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I hope they are not being rushed back.

Same here. While the team lost ground in the overall standings, not in the division which means they are doing ok for now. Rather they be rested and ready to go in the second season, especially the General.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Interesting piece from DLC regarding Desharnais.
My TL;DR : will comeback after Galchenyuk.

Indeed. You have to wonder how he ended up colliding with the only staff member on the ice with him/them.

Non-contact jerseys for Chucky & Marky, hoping to see them both play against the Caps.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Lol, cant really say im upset at desharnais's "setback" lol... i think i prayed for it...

Gally will be back in 6 weeks tho, book it, itll be good for him to rest a bit and heal some bumps and bruises as well, he will be a nice addition to get back for march for sure

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I read that Paul Byron was working out on the bike today...so seems like he's going through the protocol, hopefully this means he'll be back sooner than later.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

So they are not playing tomorrow I assume.

Thats fine, i think most of us didnt expect them to, why we were all pretty happy is just the fact their return is imminent and desperately needed

its only been 4 weeks out of galchenyuks 6-8 timetable so honestly, having him back next week at all id be doing backflips

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the problem with the injuries is after the leafs game, 5 of the next 6 are against the Caps, Jets (road), Wild (road), NYR and Pitt. Hopefully we get both Galchenyuk and Markov back by the 14th against NYR at home.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I've searched and haven't seen it reported anywhere but is Redmond injured or just being healthy scratched for Johnston? There doesn't seem to be an extra defenseman traveling with the Habs other than Redmond so it makes me believe he's just being healthy scratched at the moment.

If he's not injured I don't get why Johnston playing 5-10 minutes a game is better than having Redmond in. :dunno:

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I've searched and haven't seen it reported anywhere but is Redmond injured or just being healthy scratched for Johnston? There doesn't seem to be an extra defenseman traveling with the Habs other than Redmond so it makes me believe he's just being healthy scratched at the moment.

If he's not injured I don't get why Johnston playing 5-10 minutes a game is better than having Redmond in. :dunno:

I think he's been a healthy scratch since the collapse against Tampa.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yeah I don't recall a situation where a player jumps directly from a no contact jersey to real game.

I think it's safe to say that the habs will not have any returnees on Saturday night.

Maybe MT is playing some mind games with Babs ? But yeah , I don't think we see them tomorrow in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad