Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v61) ALCS Gm 4: vs KC | Tues Oct 20 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Young vs Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
our BP is pathetic lately. Throwing 30+ pitches in an inning and can't even get 3 guys out. Gibby's hands are tied. These guys can't get guys out

QFT. Crazy how weak irt has become when onw of our horses is removed. Kansas' BP is Sooo good too, it's painful.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Was really surprised at gibby tonight, 5-2 game you don't go with hawkins? I understand having faith in your players but what was Gibby thinking there. At the end of the day the royals just look on another level then the jays.

We scored 11 lastnight and the pen makes it close lets the royals get within three before its closed out. The other thing is toronto's inability to move runners, how many double plays have we hit into this post season? That is also unacceptable, but the royals are a good team a very good team that is just playing hard never give up type baseball.

When they were down yesturday in the top of the ninth it would of been easy to give up but they battled back to within three. No lead is safe they have a chippy team and can run up the score in a hurry.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
It was always going to be an uphill fight if you're team is already chasing the game from the top of the 1st.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
14 to 2? Good god I doubt any of the comeback enthusiasts will have much to say.

This team is so far away from a championship it's not even funny.

Our pitching just hasn't been good enough.

Matter of fact, outside of Stro and Estrada, it's been beyond horrible.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Our pitching just hasn't been good enough.

Matter of fact, outside of Stro and Estrada, it's been beyond horrible.

Agreed. Stroman hasn't been good either, but better than the rest, Estrada non-withstanding.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Agreed. Stroman hasn't been good either, but better than the rest, Estrada non-withstanding.

mhmhmh.

so. basically. at the end of the day yes, acknowledging the changes and everything, should we be eliminated tomorrow (or in KC) - we lost, roughly because of pitching. it wasn't good enough - and injuries impacted our best bullpen arms, which basically means we weren't deep enough

which was a problem when the season started, right?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
14 to 2? Good god I doubt any of the comeback enthusiasts will have much to say.

This team is so far away from a championship it's not even funny.

I agree that it's obviously pretty unlikely for us to win the series at this point...

But if there's anything I've learned from the Jays this year is that when they turn hot, they're borderline unstoppable.
And they might... just might... pull it all together tomorrow and ride with it.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Was really surprised at gibby tonight, 5-2 game you don't go with hawkins? I understand having faith in your players but what was Gibby thinking there. At the end of the day the royals just look on another level then the jays.

We scored 11 lastnight and the pen makes it close lets the royals get within three before its closed out. The other thing is toronto's inability to move runners, how many double plays have we hit into this post season? That is also unacceptable, but the royals are a good team a very good team that is just playing hard never give up type baseball.

When they were down yesturday in the top of the ninth it would of been easy to give up but they battled back to within three. No lead is safe they have a chippy team and can run up the score in a hurry.

What part are people not understanding? There are no options in the bullpen. It was Hawkins, Tepera or Pennington, the first 2 got rocked, perhaps Pennington would have been the right call:help:

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
I was at the gym for most of the game but I heard Cliff Pennington pitched?

What was he like?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I meant during his only ALCS start (I was only speaking in terms on this series). He's been outstanding otherwise.

Honestly though you can't judge a pitcher off one start. But I gotta say I was shocked at Hendriks. What a performance.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
5-2 game...Hawkins/Tepera, 12-2 game Lowe, is this real life? Indefensible. Gibby's gotta go.

Yeah he should have put the other guy in, oh wait, there were no other guys. Give it a rest. The offence couldn't even get to a mediocre pitcher. They were toast at 5-2

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Honestly though you can't judge a pitcher off one start. But I gotta say I was shocked at Hendriks. What a performance.

I wasn't judging any pitchers. I was just ranking them in terms of my opinion of their performance during ALCS.

I'm not an idiot to proclaim Stroman is done and should be DFA'ed off of one start. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad