Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v46)Reg Season Finale:@TB | Sun, Oct 4 | 3pm ET/12pm PT | Buehrle vs Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Not sure how I feel about facing TEX. Do we know how quickly they'll announce the time? I have an appointment that day and need to reschedule accordingly :laugh:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Loup probably solidified himself as the #7 bullpen arm with that outing.

Who is going to get the extra bench spot? That's the only spot I'm stumped on.

It's likely out of Carrera and Kawasaki, I'd assume?

If it's between those two it's carrera easily. If it's an additional infielder it's Hague

LaCarriere

Loup probably solidified himself as the #7 bullpen arm with that outing.

Who is going to get the extra bench spot? That's the only spot I'm stumped on.

It's likely out of Carrera and Kawasaki, I'd assume?

I'm guessing the bench will be Navarro / Cola / Smoak / Kawasaki / Carrera / Pompey. 11 pitchers + 9 starters + 5 (either Cola or Smoak will be starting) bench players.

Maybe Pennington over Kawasaki, but Pennington is garbage. I'd take Kawasaki over him at this point.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Really a coin flip who wins jays-Texas.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Will be interesting either way.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Not sure how I feel about facing TEX. Do we know how quickly they'll announce the time? I have an appointment that day and need to reschedule accordingly :laugh:

Considering the Jays are the weakest TV market I'd be surprised if we didn't hear something tonight

My official guesses are 4 PM Thursday, 3 PM Friday

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I'm guessing the bench will be Navarro / Cola / Smoak / Kawasaki / Carrera / Pompey. 11 pitchers + 9 starters + 5 (either Cola or Smoak will be starting) bench players.

Maybe Pennington over Kawasaki, but Pennington is garbage. I'd take Kawasaki over him at this point.

You easily take Pennington over Muni. He's more versatile and a way better defender.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

Would have preferred Yankees or Houston to Texas personally.

Not loving this match-up but what can you do, it's the MLB playoffs only the best make it in

Trouba95*

Astros tie it up!!! Want them to have HFA and knock the Yanks out!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Texas has scored 19 runs in last 2 games and this one isn't even over yet. Offense going into playoffs hottttt...

Aaaaaand then they won't play for three days.

Momentum means nothing in baseball going into the playoffs (except for the slight bump the WC team gets for not having more than a day off)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If it's between those two it's carrera easily. If it's an additional infielder it's Hague
The thing with Kawasaki is that he can play middle IF. With Tulo likely still a question mark, do you risk not carrying the extra IF?

Kawasaki isn't a good LF'er, but he's played there. Same with Cola. It's not like Carerra is great out there either.

I'd wager Kawa and Pennington both make it over Carerra.

I'd take Diaz over Kawasaki :laugh:
I said that to my friend who actually is the one who brought up taking the extra IF over Carrera.

I'd imagine like Buehrle, Kawa will stay with the team for the playoff run even if not on the roster.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
The thing with Kawasaki is that he can play middle IF. With Tulo likely still a question mark, do you risk not carrying the extra IF?

Kawasaki isn't a good LF'er, but he's played there. Same with Cola. It's not like Carerra is great out there either.

I'd wager Kawa and Pennington both make it over Carerra.

Kawasaki has never played the outfield in the MLB.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Let's take a look position by position (offensive lineups):

C: Martin>>>Gimenez
1B: Smoak/Cola<<<Moreland
2B: Goins<<<Odor
SS: Tulo>>>Andrus
3B: Donaldson>>>Beltre
DH: EE>>>Fielder
RF: Bautista>>>Choo
CF: Pillar<<<DeShields