Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v18) Next: vs Min | Wed, Aug 5 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Duffey vs Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just take out Bautista. It's what smart managers do to win ball games.

*remembering back to the Simpson's episode where they took out Strawberry for Homer* - If you don't watch the Simpsons then I probably sound nuts.

Half the time this thread is nothing but simpsons references. I think you're safe. :laugh:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Watching twins feed. They got bored in the 4th and went through their smart phone to see the different names that each city and province named today's holiday. Then the discussed what it would be in Minnesota (answer: Paul Bunyan day).

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Anyone want to start a kickstarter to keep Price in TO? We'd just need $5 from everyone in the country to keep him for 5 years!!

I'd kick in more than that. I don't watch quite as much baseball as I used to, but I still get to watch some during the week and of course, the Sunday game.

I think it would be quite worth spending $20+ bucks to see Price here for 8 or whatever years.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
and you didn't see anything from the day after?

Gibby and AA were up discussing it a bunch that night, and came to the conclusion that Revere would be playing everyday, and not a platoon platyer.

Great.. I guess my point is that when you have to "discuss" whether or not he's a platoon player after your initial thought was that he was, then it's not so surefire that he's an actual everyday player. This means that some people think he is and others think he isn't.. not a "laugh because someone says that he's a platoon player" or that it's ridiculous that someone thinks he is.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Just take out Bautista. It's what smart managers do to win ball games.

*remembering back to the Simpson's episode where they took out Strawberry for Homer* - If you don't watch the Simpsons then I probably sound nuts.

"It's called playing the percentages. All the smart managers do it."

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Watching twins feed. They got bored in the 4th and went through their smart phone to see the different names that each city and province named today's holiday. Then the discussed what it would be in Minnesota (answer: Paul Bunyan day).

lol thats awesome

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Anyone want to start a kickstarter to keep Price in TO? We'd just need $5 from everyone in the country to keep him for 5 years!!

as funny as this is - I'm surprised no one has done this yet for teams that are cap-strapped (or low budget).

(even if it fails - just another indication that fans want Player X)

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Reported convo in Jays clubhouse after Price arrived:

Jays pitchers: You're David Price?
Price: Yes.
Jays pitchers: You're a pitcher?
Price: Yes.
Jays pitchers: We're pitchers too.
Price: So?
Jays pitchers: Well are you better than us?
Price: Well I've never met you but......yes.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Wait, the 4th inning was the inning that Twins had the bases loaded nobody out. That's boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad