OT: 2015 Redskins Part VI: Yes, we like that. Heard you the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
I hope they win so the fire Jay bandwagon dies once and for all. Beat ne and become relevant.

"Anyone can be beat. "

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
not an actual trade, this is an idea by espn as a deal that should be done but wont

1. Washington trades quarterback Robert Griffin III to Kansas City for quarterback Chase Daniel.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid liked Griffin III coming out of the draft, Brad Childress is Kansas City's spread game analyst and the Chiefs could have a quarterback their head coach could groom to run it. Perfect. In turn, Washington would acquire another intriguing quarterback alternative, someone the Chiefs have shopped despite the fact he was impressive in the preseason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...alvin-johnson-panthers-five-trades-happen-nfl

take it or leave it?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...d699-d6e4-4a5e-9f86-588e6c3eb157?sf14786657=1

Some of these are fantastic.

Of note:

As an NFL player, you are obviously more athletic, and better at football than 99.9% of the population. Was there ever a point that you realized you were gifted? Either more talented and/or athletic than everyone else in junior high, high school, or even college?

I remember in elementary school, having a friend on the playground at recess--we were in 3rd grade--saying "you throw a football really well." I remember saying "thanks man" and he was like "no man, you throw a football REALLY well, like not just good for the playground, like REALLY well".

I remember it to this day, so I guess it stuck with me. Through the years, other people mentioned it, but I wasn't a big high school recruit or a star player in college right away. Growing up, I played on the freshman team when I was a freshman, JV team when I was a sophomore--I wasn't this prodigy that was destined for greatness either.

Seems he had to work his way up every step of the way.

Sep 19, 2008
Sounds like DeSean will actually play Sunday. Need everyone out there to beat those Pats.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Of all the things wrong with this franchise, Cousins is causing disinterest in you? Maybe it's time to step away if you can't even enjoy the few wins they get?

Everyone realizes the reality of the season.

He just inspires zero faith in me. I wouldn't even call him exciting like Grossman could at least be. He started showing more during the Tampa game but I'm tired of Captain Kirk being Captain Checkdown. If we're not winning, or not developing someone to be great, I'd at least like them to be entertaining.

Tampa is not the worst team in football. They aren't good, but they aren't the worst. 18 teams have the same amount of losses (4) -- or worse -- than Tampa. And that includes the Skins beating them. So that worst team in football rhetoric is unfounded.

At the point we played them, the only real win they had to shake a stick at was them beating the Saints but the Saints have not been what I'd call a good team this year, the last game withstanding. Also I don't believe the Buc's beating the Falcons is suddenly a show of them not being a terrible team. They've got talent at a few spots but that doesn't absolve a terrible coaching staff or the fact that we've made careers for guys like Mike Evans and Rookie QB's.

Seems that the most outlandish comments on here, are coming from you?

Because I'm commenting on the general tone from some fan bases, or even media pundits, who think this game was a showing of what's to expect from Kirk? Maybe no one's out right saying we're gonna beat the Patriots but I've seen plenty now tooting Kirk's horn after this game as if he had just beaten the Bronco's or Patriots in a great comeback win fashion.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I hope they win so the fire Jay bandwagon dies once and for all. Beat ne and become relevant.

"Anyone can be beat. "

Gruden is 7-16 in his two seasons at the helm of this team. He has proven nothing so far, and a win over NE doesn't change that. To put it in context, Zorn had 1 less win through his first 8 games as Redskins HC. If he can get this team to 7-9 or 8-8 this year and show additional improvement next season then the bandwagon will probably die down. There's still a very high possibility the Redskins finish this year 5-11 or 6-10 and that neither Gruden nor Cousins are back next year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Luck playing poorly, Kapernick reportedly benched for Gabbert (of all people) and Griffin stapled to the bench in street clothes. Shocking to think what has become of those three in the last year or so.

And as soon as I post this Luck throws another horrible INT.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It would seem Luck is just fine. :laugh:

Eh. He's still wildly inconsistent. He's starting to look more like an Eli Manning type than a Peyton. He routinely makes really weird decisions or just blows throws, in between also showing great competence. Jury is still out on him, IMO, even though a lot of people want to already crown him among the top elite.

I do think it's time for the media to start looking at him more critically. They've always had a tendency to blame his O line for his struggles, and while that line is a patchwork since he's been there and often just collapses out of the blue on plays, they also routinely give him incredible amounts of time to make throws. It's hard to tell how much he is developing, he still makes some of the same mistakes he made as a rookie in terms of risky throw selection. From last night alone I recall him trying to force a ball into double coverage, almost getting intercepted, when he had a crossing route wide open that would've likely netted 6-10 yards. Like when he was fresh in the league he still tries to take what isn't really there instead of what is.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Eh. He's still wildly inconsistent. He's starting to look more like an Eli Manning type than a Peyton. He routinely makes really weird decisions or just blows throws, in between also showing great competence. Jury is still out on him, IMO, even though a lot of people want to already crown him among the top elite.

I do think it's time for the media to start looking at him more critically. They've always had a tendency to blame his O line for his struggles, and while that line is a patchwork since he's been there and often just collapses out of the blue on plays, they also routinely give him incredible amounts of time to make throws. It's hard to tell how much he is developing, he still makes some of the same mistakes he made as a rookie in terms of risky throw selection. From last night alone I recall him trying to force a ball into double coverage, almost getting intercepted, when he had a crossing route wide open that would've likely netted 6-10 yards. Like when he was fresh in the league he still tries to take what isn't really there instead of what is.

Colts just fired the OC within the last 30 minutes. So there's blood on the turf in Indy now. If Luck continues to struggle it's only a matter of time before the inevitable questions start popping up about Luck vs RG3. And by that I mean we will start seeing accusations of racism in the media for how RG3 was treated vs Luck, again.

bWo*

Well boys, Sunday i take a break from cheering with you guys for the caps and cheer for the pats against your skins. About Luck, I think he is playing with broken ribs or something along those lines.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Colts just fired the OC within the last 30 minutes. So there's blood on the turf in Indy now. If Luck continues to struggle it's only a matter of time before the inevitable questions start popping up about Luck vs RG3. And by that I mean we will start seeing accusations of racism in the media for how RG3 was treated vs Luck, again.

Really one has a slightly better record, in pretty much everything. But hey the media needs something to talk about.

Nobody can logically argue with Luck playing.

Spread down to 14....big $ on the Skins moving the line ;).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Breeland, Bashaud WAS CB Questionable Hamstring
Culliver, Chris WAS CB Questionable Knee
Hall, Deangelo WAS CB Questionable Toe
Hatcher, Jason WAS DE Probable Knee
Jackson, DeSean WAS WR Questionable Hamstring
Kerrigan, Ryan WAS LB Questionable Hand
McCoy, Anthony WAS TE Probable Not Injury Related
Riley, Perry WAS LB Probable Leg
Robinson, Keenan WAS LB Questionable Shoulder
Thompson, Chris WAS RB Probable Back

McNabb to serve jail time for DUI in AZ, fyi

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
At least Reed isn't on the report.

Ugh I think I might try out this fan duel or draft kings thing today. All I know is I'm taking Gronk. The fan in me wants Robinson and some safety to step up and limit him today but every other sign says yeah it's likely going to get ugly.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So, we're going to the 49ers-Falcons game tomorrow. Bwahaha! Haven't been to an NFL game since a friend of mine had access to one of the owners' boxes at RFK when we were in high school.

Sep 19, 2008
CSN.com

"Larry Michael picks Redskins to beat Patriots."

OcZSfG1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad