OT: 2015 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Anyone hear anything about the Arkells playing the Hometown Hockey thing at KRC this weekend?

That would be cool if they were. They always put on a good show.

Any details on this event anywhere? Can't seem to find any info about it at all.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
The Rolling Stones will play at the Festival d'ete de Quebec, which is always a bargain at ~$70 for a full festival pass.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Capital Country Festival July 24-26 (Spencerville Fairgrounds)

Tim Hicks
Eric Dylan
Brett Kissel
Abby Stewart
Kira Isabella
Emerson Drive
River Town Saints

kochese

Aug 3, 2005
I've been listening to rap since grade 7 I'm 29. I liked the song there with him on the bike with what's her face on it too but tbh in no way has he moulded rap or done some ground breaking music IMO. It's just rap is soo not great right now that a middle of the pack guy is one of the better artist right now. I'd put Lamar above Kayne for music I'd rather listen to.

Like I grew up on slick rick, Tupac, biggie, wu tang(methot man, GZA, RZA, old dirty *******, inspector deck, ugod, Gostfaceetc..),Snoopdog, EPMD, 50 cent, Eminem, Master P, Xzibit, Jay-z, DMX, LL Cool , outkast etc... I could keep going for a while here lol of artist I think are better than him or same level.

He's not ground breaking and really not a level above guys even today.

Also not that I'm a huge drake fan either but he is actually the number 1 rap artist in the world right now. Straight from Sway on shade 45.

And he's probably the premier guy to be making these judgements.

I guess he doesn't score enough but how awesome would it be if every time he did they played M-E-T-H-O-T MAN!!!! :laugh:

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bought a 3-day for Bluesfest soon after the tickets became available but haven't got my wristbands yet, has anybody gotten theirs or are they shipping them closer to the date? Pretty excited to see Kanye, saw him put on a great show at Bluesfest in 2007 but he and his music have changed a lot since then. Just not looking forward to that crowd.

Mister Wood

Apr 9, 2009
Bought a 3-day for Bluesfest soon after the tickets became available but haven't got my wristbands yet, has anybody gotten theirs or are they shipping them closer to the date? Pretty excited to see Kanye, saw him put on a great show at Bluesfest in 2007 but he and his music have changed a lot since then. Just not looking forward to that crowd.

They ship them out closer to the date. So it may be a month before you get your pass. They send out notifications on social media when they get mailed out though, so don't worry!

I am super excited too. I always have a great time anyways. Not the best lineup I've seen but there is something for me every day. Kanye is a huge get for the festival and some of the other headliners should nab big crowds too (Aldean, Urban, the Hip). The side stages and younger acts have me really excited though. Run the Jewels and CHVRCHES in one day should be incredible.

I am getting anxious waiting for that CityFolk lineup though! I think Wilco is one of the headliners as, in an Ottawa Sun story, they tailed Monahan and talked about a joint pitch with TURF in Toronto to bring in Wilco. TURF got Wilco so I am hoping!

littleD

Are you ready for festivals? Here's a list I posted on the Ottawa subreddit of tons of stuff happening in June (and the last weekend of May).

May

29-31: La Festibiere de Gatineau

June

4-13: Canada's Magnetic North Theatre Festival

5-7: Blackburn Hamlet Funfair

6-July 5: FIFA Women's World Cup A festival of soccer! Matches in Ottawa on June 7,11,17,20,22 and 26.

6-7: Doors Open Ottawa

6-7: Ottawa Veg Fest

11-13: Festival franco-ontarien

11-21: Settimana Italiana di Ottawa

13-14: Westfest

17-28: Ottawa Fringe Festival More than 400 performances of 56 shows at many venues in downtown Ottawa.

17-21: Ottawa Ribfest

17-21: Ottawa Explosion

18-21: Rockfest In Montebello, QC. Headliners include System of a Down, Linkin Park, Snoop Dogg, Slayer and The Offspring.

18-July 1: Ottawa Jazz Festival Headliners include The Roots, Steve Miller Band, Huey Lewis and The News and Beirut.

19-20: Glow Fair Nine street blocks each with their own theme. Plus musical acts both nights.

19-21: Ottawa Summer Solstice

25-28: Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival Three days of dragon boat races. Free concerts each night, with shows by Hey Rosetta, Hollerado, Yukon Blonde, Dan Mangan, Tokyo Police Club etc.

26-28: Maxville Fair

27-28: Escapade Music Festival Headlined by Armin Van Buren, Carl Cox etc.

No complaining that there's nothing to do in Ottawa. :D

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Are you ready for festivals? Here's a list I posted on the Ottawa subreddit of tons of stuff happening in June (and the last weekend of May).

May

29-31: La Festibiere de Gatineau

June

4-13: Canada's Magnetic North Theatre Festival

5-7: Blackburn Hamlet Funfair

6-July 5: FIFA Women's World Cup A festival of soccer! Matches in Ottawa on June 7,11,17,20,22 and 26.

6-7: Doors Open Ottawa

6-7: Ottawa Veg Fest

11-13: Festival franco-ontarien

11-21: Settimana Italiana di Ottawa

13-14: Westfest

17-28: Ottawa Fringe Festival More than 400 performances of 56 shows at many venues in downtown Ottawa.

17-21: Ottawa Ribfest

17-21: Ottawa Explosion

18-21: Rockfest In Montebello, QC. Headliners include System of a Down, Linkin Park, Snoop Dogg, Slayer and The Offspring.

18-July 1: Ottawa Jazz Festival Headliners include The Roots, Steve Miller Band, Huey Lewis and The News and Beirut.

19-20: Glow Fair Nine street blocks each with their own theme. Plus musical acts both nights.

19-21: Ottawa Summer Solstice

25-28: Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival Three days of dragon boat races. Free concerts each night, with shows by Hey Rosetta, Hollerado, Yukon Blonde, Dan Mangan, Tokyo Police Club etc.

26-28: Maxville Fair

27-28: Escapade Music Festival Headlined by Armin Van Buren, Carl Cox etc.

No complaining that there's nothing to do in Ottawa. :D

Thanks for this and all your other contributions to this thread. Very much appreciated

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Big MEH on City Folk so far. Even more so if they do in fact piggy back on the Toronto Urban Roots festival and bring in many of the same artists.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
19l1km.png

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Don't think I'll go this year. Really like Of Monsters and Men and Patrick Watson but other than that nothing special for me. I liked last years lineup much better personally.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Van Morrison and Of Monsters and Men are pretty big draws for this festival, interesting to see what the layout will look like at Lansdowne.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Van Morrison and Of Monsters and Men are pretty big draws for this festival, interesting to see what the layout will look like at Lansdowne.

Would love to see Of Monsters and Men, seems like it is a pretty good lineup, although I've seen many of these at Bluesfest over the years.

I still can't believe Elle King is Rob Schneider's daughter.

Wow, I would of never guessed. :laugh:

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Pretty MEH line up, IMO. And to think they had such a great opportunity to really energize the festival with it being moved to Lansdowne...

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Looks like Sun Kil Moon didn't hate this festival too much after all. :laugh:

I'll totally go see him again. Also looking forward to seeing Patrick Watson.

Will Butler is the "other" Butler from Arcade Fire. His album is pretty good, based on the few videos I watched on YouTube.

Walk Off The Earth should be fun.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
I think the lineup is quite good. Van Morrison, Wilco, Lucinda Williams are huge gets. I don't care much about Of Monsters and Men, but it's a pretty big draw for CityFolk.

Still a lot of slots to fill, so hopefully they'll add some more up-and-coming acts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad