Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IX - Drunk Uncle Denis' Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why do you feel like that about Kadri? From what I've heard Kadri is a committed pro and a pretty good guy. Is it just the missed practice etc. stuff that is public knowledge or is your opinion based on something else? Just asking because I have heard this view before but its generally unfounded, and I know you're not one for wild, baseless opinions.

Nothing that I can say on this website due to libel rules, outide of "I have family in Kitchener".

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I think the term "elite" is now sufficiently watered down to the point of irrelevance.

Kadri's offensive skill is some of the most impressive in the game.

I see him as similar to Hoffman's skill level, with a more rounded offensive repertoire (not as good of a shot but better at passing and controlling the puck in-zone) and better skills away from the puck. Kadri is the type of guy who in the right situation, has the ability to finish top 10 in points. He's not an elite player, he's not consistent enough to be that at all, but he does have elite skill.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Why do you feel like that about Kadri? From what I've heard Kadri is a committed pro and a pretty good guy. Is it just the missed practice etc. stuff that is public knowledge or is your opinion based on something else? Just asking because I have heard this view before but its generally unfounded, and I know you're not one for wild, baseless opinions.

He's always been immature.

Tweets in poor taste. Showing his middle finger to cameras during another players interview. Publicly being called out by his coaches for poor work ethic. Missing team meetings.

Unfounded? He might be decent guy, I don't know him personally, but if you're making the news on an annual basis for poor behaviours then the problems are real, not imagined.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
i think a good move would be to try to get one of ther flyers D prospects.

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania
One thing? Just one?

1) Zibanejad will round his game out.
2) Ryan as well
3) Wiercioch cannot possibly continue to be as bad as he has been (though he might not be as good as he was during the last 20 games of last season, but definitely better than he has to start this one)
4) we should get the shots disparity closer to even (instead of being out hot by large margins each game)
5) Cowen will probably have a stretch of a few bad games in a row (and the usual suspects will pop in with their "I told you so"'s)
6) Turris won't continue scoring at his current pace
7) Karlsson will be better, that's as guaranteed a guarantee as I can make.
8) Anderson will be better as the season progresses, he always is.
9) Hoffman will go through a rough patch, but most skilled players who play his style of game always do.
10) Ceci's game will improve assuming his D-partner isn't total balls (so either Wier picks his game up, or they re-jig the d-pairs)

And on, and on... I could probably add 10 more points to this list. So much can change in a 20-30 game sample that you just can't account for in a 5 game sample. I mean... do you expect the Anaheim Ducks to score less than 30 goals total over the entire season? A 5-game sample size is barely a drop in the water compared to a full season.

The only thing you can take from those game are the points in the standings, and an idea of what needs improvement. It is hardly indicative of how the rest of the season will play out. Sens fans should be acutely aware of this, considering how last season played out for us.

You're not getting me. I am the biggest advocate against drawing conclusions too early in the season but this time I think you can make judgements early because it's the same team that we had last year and because of this you do the judgement based on last season too. We know now what everyone brings to the table and I don't think we're going to get too surprised this season because there is stability on our team on all levels (behind the coaching bench and on the ice)

You're dreaming if you think that "so much can change" over 20 games. It's actually very predictable that we'll be a .550 team this season, maybe closer to .600 if Andy stands on his head and we stay healthy, those 10 points you're making are slight changes but I was talking about something like an emergence of a Mark Stone like last year or one of our D's to become a really good top 4D, something like that that can give us a better chance in the playoffs.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Given the state of the Flyers current D, I have no idea why they would make that trade for either guy.

I'd do Puempel for either Gostisbehere or Haag, if we're keeping track of these sorts of things. Doubt the Flyers would, though.

Well to be fair, the Flyers are extremely weak on forward prospects, after Laughton and Konecny (who are both centers) they don't have much. But they have Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, Ghost, and Hagg who are all LHD. They would be trading from a position of strength to fill a weakness.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
It wasn't Zbad +, it was a straight swap for the two. Maybe other pieces were thrown in, but they were the centrepieces.

It's funny how we can all hear different things when some comments leave room for interpretation. What I heard is the same as you that they agreed to a one for one swap of Zib for Kadri but then Toronto tried to get more so Bryan Murray said No!

That leak of a possible trade made me change my mind about BM preferring Cowen at the draft. I originally thought that he misled Burke when he said he wanted to trade picks with Tor and Burke asked if he wanted Kadri. BM said yes and Burke said they were taking him. As it turns out it seems Bryan Murray really did want Kadri after all.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think Zib is a better all around player than Kadri right now, and will continue to be in the future.

I suppose I may be the only one though.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I think Zib is a better all around player than Kadri right now, and will continue to be in the future.

You're not alone, and I'm not especially a big Zibanejad fan. Kadri is the definition of punk, selfish player. What is it about this particular board that thinks every single player on another team is/must be better than Sens players.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

He is better all around. He's not as good in the offensive department is all. At least that's what I'm referring to.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
It's funny how we can all hear different things when some comments leave room for interpretation. What I heard is the same as you that they agreed to a one for one swap of Zib for Kadri but then Toronto tried to get more so Bryan Murray said No!

As down as I am on Zib at the moment I'm extremely relieved this didn't happen.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
He needed to be sent back to junior last year and that didn't happen either.

I feel like Murray is too in love with his defensive game. He sees Lazar playing well in his own end and thinks "he is good enough to stay in the NHL", despite the fact Curtis needs to develop his offensive skills.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You're not alone, and I'm not especially a big Zibanejad fan. Kadri is the definition of punk, selfish player. What is it about this particular board that thinks every single player on another team is/must be better than Sens players.

I know what you mean, sometimes a player can be a detractor to a team, even if he has good offensive skill. Kadri is that guy and I'd be pissed to trade for him. I'm much more a fan given that our guys get a chance to beat on him several times a year.

He is better all around. He's not as good in the offensive department is all. At least that's what I'm referring to.

I understand what you mean, and agree that Kadri has softer hands, but Zib is a power forward, not a skilled rat, and I'd much rather have him than Kadri.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kadri will never be on a championship team. To call this kid toxic is an understatement. I wouldn't take that guy on the team for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad