Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I respect Michalek for allegedly being honest but im not sure that should get him more money

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
First get rid of Cowen before Wier.

Same age and Wier is CLEARLY better.

Not disputing that he wasn't better this year, because he was, but Wier is a year older than Cowen (I know you will say 5 months)

I think Cowen will be gone, I also think he will be a better D than Wier, but it likely won't be with Ottawa.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Not disputing that he wasn't better this year, because he was, but Wier is a year older than Cowen

I think Cowen will be gone, I also think he will be a better D than Wier, but it likely won't be with Ottawa.

whoops almost the same age

They will both be 25 next season so not a huge difference

A little off topic but age typically does effect ability in junior. Later birth dates tend to be at a disadvantage against earlier birth dates

Last edited:

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
To continue the discussion about guys getting released from Bingo, we have seven UFA's and six RFA's that spend significant time in the minors.

RFA
Fredrik Claesson
Jakub Culek
Darren Kramer
Shane Prince
Cole Schneider
Garrett Thompson

UFA's
Aaron Johnson
Brad Mills
Patrick Mullen
Carter Camper
Alex Grant
Derek Grant
Chris Wideman

Of those guys, the only ones I see us 100% re-signing are Claesson, Kramer, and Prince. Wideman, Derek Grant, and Schneider are all guys who I see staying also. So that opens up seven spots which is plenty for the guys we have coming in.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
To correct someone from the last thread.

At the deadline it was Wideman that Murray said they wanted to give some games to this year, not Claesson. When one of the reporters named Claesson as a potential call up, Murray responded with pretty much a no that they don't plan to bring up Claesson.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
To correct someone from the last thread.

At the deadline it was Wideman that Murray said they wanted to give some games to this year, not Claesson. When one of the reporters named Claesson as a potential call up, Murray responded with pretty much a no that that's who they were going to bring up.

With the logjam of LD we have, I'm not sure Claesson will have his shot.

Methot
Cowen
Wiercioch
Borowiecki
Philips
Claesson

Only room for three.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
With the logjam of LD we have, I'm not sure Claesson will have his shot.

Methot
Cowen
Wiercioch
Borowiecki
Philips
Claesson

Only room for three.

I agree. I think he'll get his shot next year when Phillips is gone and possibly one of Wier or Cowen.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I agree. I think he'll get his shot next year when Phillips is gone and possibly one of Wier or Cowen.

lk9yn.jpg

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Lol.

Ya, if Phillips is gone we have 3 legit D + Cowen.

Package Cowen and then that leaves space to give players like Claesson, Wikstrand a chance at some point.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
To continue the discussion about guys getting released from Bingo, we have seven UFA's and six RFA's that spend significant time in the minors.

RFA
Fredrik Claesson
Jakub Culek
Darren Kramer
Shane Prince
Cole Schneider
Garrett Thompson

UFA's
Aaron Johnson
Brad Mills
Patrick Mullen
Carter Camper
Alex Grant
Derek Grant
Chris Wideman

Of those guys, the only ones I see us 100% re-signing are Claesson, Kramer, and Prince. Wideman, Derek Grant, and Schneider are all guys who I see staying also. So that opens up seven spots which is plenty for the guys we have coming in.

"Hispanic@TheDisco":

On your RFA & UFA choices to resign for next season.....

RFA
Fredrik Claesson
Yes resign him although I remember reading last fall that he would give it 3 yrs to get to the NHL if not then he would return home. Not sure if it was carved into marble or not on that statement.....

Jakub Culek NO NO 1000x NO

Darren Kramer
Yes resign him, kid busts his rear all the time, protects his team mates, a leader on the ice and off. Darren is even developing a bit of a scoring touch last season am happy that he has developed that way. He will never be Bloomfield or SDC that way but am glad his hard work has started to show results in goals and helpers......

Shane Prince
By all means resign Shane I think he could take the next step to Ottawa next season. No more needs to be said about him......

Cole Schneider
I would resign Cole as he deserves a shot up top next season. He has never been treated the same on this blog as he is not a glory boy draft pick. Cole did lead Binghamton last season in goals......

Garrett Thompson
No do Not resign him, make room for a new prospect.........

-------------------------------------------

UFA's
Aaron Johnson
I would resign Aaron out of the 3 UFA D men he is durable tries on the ice, has skill plays both ends of the ice. He works hard on the ice and he cares. He could mentor the young D men who will be in Binghamton next season....................

Brad Mills
No let him go not durable missed a lot of games, let him go.......

Patrick Mullen
In a word NO let him go....................

Carter Camper
Resign Carter after a slow start he came on real good last season, plus Binghamton will need a top line center. Carter is durable playing in 75 of the 76 games last season.......

Alex Grant
No let him go misses too many games, and not very good in his own end he was -17...............................

Derek Grant
I like him as he has size is good on the PK, could fill in up top as 4th line center, is pretty durable. I would resign him but can not resign everybody nature of the game + you can only have 50 contracts.....

Chris Wideman
Yes by all means try to resign Chris he is ready to take a shot up top next season. Chris is very good on the PP had 61 pts last season he deserves a shot up top......................

Ottawa should trade PW and retire Phillips, Wideman and Claesson could take their places. I think Ottawa should go with 8 D men next season as D men wear out and get injured. Easier to replace from within and cheaper...........................

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I wouldnt be mad if ottawa explored if there was any better AHL centers then Camper.

Paul and Dzingle are guys who will likely be C for bingo next year

Theres also some College players who are probably coming to bingo

Wow Baillargeon completely fell off with only 3 goals this year in college. I guess Eichel coming there ate away at his ice time

I wonder if he helped land O'Connor

Time for Dunn to come to Bingo too. He also needs to get back on track after signing his ELC and then being let go by his Q team

Last edited:

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
"Hispanic@TheDisco":

RFA
Fredrik Claesson
Yes resign him although I remember reading last fall that he would give it 3 yrs to get to the NHL if not then he would return home. Not sure if it was carved into marble or not on that statement.....

Darren Kramer
Yes resign him, kid busts his rear all the time, protects his team mates, a leader on the ice and off. Darren is even developing a bit of a scoring touch last season am happy that he has developed that way. He will never be Bloomfield or SDC that way but am glad his hard work has started to show results in goals and helpers......

Shane Prince
By all means resign Shane I think he could take the next step to Ottawa next season. No more needs to be said about him......

Cole Schneider
I would resign Cole as he deserves a shot up top next season. He has never been treated the same on this blog as he is not a glory boy draft pick. Cole did lead Binghamton last season in goals......

Garrett Thompson
No do Not resign him, make room for a new prospect.........

-------------------------------------------

UFA's
Aaron Johnson
I would resign Aaron out of the 3 UFA D men he is durable tries on the ice, has skill plays both ends of the ice. He works hard on the ice and he cares. He could mentor the young D men who will be in Binghamton next season....................

Brad Mills
No let him go not durable missed a lot of games, let him go.......

Patrick Mullen
In a word NO let him go....................

Carter Camper
Resign Carter after a slow start he came on real good last season, plus Binghamton will need a top line center. Carter is durable playing in 75 of the 76 games last season.......

Alex Grant
No let him go misses too many games, and not very good in his own end he was -17...............................

Derek Grant
I like him as he has size is good on the PK, could fill in up top as 4th line center, is pretty durable. I would resign him but can not resign everybody nature of the game + you can only have 50 contracts.....

Chris Wideman
Yes by all means try to resign Chris he is ready to take a shot up top next season. Chris is very good on the PP had 61 pts last season he deserves a shot up top......................

Ottawa should trade PW and retire Phillips, Wideman and Claesson could take their places. I think Ottawa should go with 8 D men next season as D men wear out and get injured. Easier to replace from within and cheaper...........................

Personally I feel like Wiercioch has earned a chance to keep the top 4 spot and we should keep him. Move out Cowen, Gryba, and Phillips. Call up Wideman role with EK, Meth, PW, Ceci, Borowiecki, Wideman, and Claesson as our seven defenseman. Obviously that won't happen, but that's what I would like to see.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Wideman didn't sound like he was too keen on returning in his end of season comments.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wideman will be a UFA come July 1st, so I'm guessing that he'll be fishing for a one way deal.

Given he was the best defenseman in the AHL last season, I'm guessing he'll have multiple suitors willing to take a risk on a cheap 1 way deal.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Personally I feel like Wiercioch has earned a chance to keep the top 4 spot and we should keep him. Move out Cowen, Gryba, and Phillips. Call up Wideman role with EK, Meth, PW, Ceci, Borowiecki, Wideman, and Claesson as our seven defenseman. Obviously that won't happen, but that's what I would like to see.

"Hispanic@TheDisco":

Well in my opinion I say trade Wiercioch now as he has some value, I do not think he will ever get any faster or quicker or stronger. He is poor in his own end and had only 3 goals in 56 games.....

Tee Lo

May 1, 2015
Does anybody else think that Karlsson would be winning his 4th Norris Trophy this year, if it weren't for Matt Cooke injuring him?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Unfortunately injuries are a part of the game. Even if we wonder how much more EK would have progressed, I'm thrilled Karlsson is great again.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If Weir is that much clearly better than Cowen than wouldn't you trade to package Weir in a deal to get an upgrade? He is not top 4 material, and agreed on the Michalek points in the other trade rumours thread. He is really overrated defensively

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
"Hispanic@TheDisco":

Culek is already gone. We bought him out (mutual buyout) halfway through the year, and he went back home to play in the Czech league. He's no longer our property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad