2015 NHL Entry Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I know he's not big....but I'm a fan of Anthony Beauvillier's game.....Kid is just improving in all 3 zones as the year progresses. Great wrister. Improved his skating and elusiveness as well. Remains to be seen where I'd want him....
5'10'' or less=Desharnais and Gallagher.

prospects=Hudon,Reway,Dumont,Thomas,Andrighetto,Audette and you want more????

Beauvilier is good but my choice would be Nicolas Roy,6'4'',can score and good 2 way center.Good on face off.2e nhl center?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
5'10'' or less=Desharnais and Gallagher.

prospects=Hudon,Reway,Dumont,Thomas,Andrighetto,Audette and you want more????

Beauvilier is good but my choice would be Nicolas Roy,6'4'',can score and good 2 way center.Good on face off.2e nhl center?

Beauvillier is infinitely better than Nicolas Roy.

Nicolas Roy has not done anything of note this entire season except dramatically hurt his stock and it STILL took all the scouting bureaus awhile to knock him down. That's how bad he's been.

Tokarski + Nygren might actually get Edmonton's 2nd.

Fills actual needs for the Oilers.

Oilers need an actual goaltending prospect. Tokarski is awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If the Habs re-sign Petry, I can see Edmonton trading a 2nd for Tinordi.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Beauvillier is infinitely better than Nicolas Roy.

Nicolas Roy has not done anything of note this entire season except dramatically hurt his stock and it STILL took all the scouting bureaus awhile to knock him down. That's how bad he's been.

Exactly this, I would be ecstatic with Beauvillier, I dont want anything to do with Roy, he's soft, not the kind of size we need, Im looking for guys who show improvement from year to year.

Beauvillier had 61 more points than last year in 3 more games

Roy had 9 more points in 5 more games, IN HIS DRAFT YEAR, thats badddd

I'd be surprised if Beauvillier wasnt a top 9 guy in the NHL within a couple years.

I want TT to draft the player he thinks is going to be the best down the line, if he's big thats cool, if he's a Kucherov or a T. Johnson IDGAF about size, obviously.

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Oh I'd say it's an almost certainty now, it's the smart choice too, for my money anyway.

I like Marner better as a player but you also have to think about Strome up the middle. They could be losing Hanzal soon. Domi projects better as a winger and in a way will provide a similar package to that of Marner. Perhaps the big skilled center is the way to go here. Not that much of a dropoff from Marner either (though I prefer Marner). All that being said, the possibility of re-uniting all 3 of Marner, Domi and Dvrorak should be appealing for them.

zeous

May 20, 2010
What about a package of Fucale, Tinordi, Pateryn, and our 3rd, for Hall or Yakupov and their 2nd.

zeous

May 20, 2010
Price isn't going anywhere until he retires, so there isn't really much room for Fucale with the Habs. Giving up two big D men is not a nice feeling but it is exactly what the Oilers need. Pairing Yakupov with Galchen again would benefit both of them. The swap of picks would see us rising almost two rounds. We would pick near the end of the third where Oilers have the third pick of the second round. They also have our second round pick. (Petry)

zeous

May 20, 2010
People probably said the same thing about the Rangers being stupid when Gomez was brought in for McDonagh. McD is nothing less than their Captain now.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Maybe Bergy can fleece Edmonton of their 2nd rounder for one of Fucale or Tinordi (they might want big NHL-ready defencemen). Then the Habs can take Meloche early in the 2nd.

I have higher hopes for that kid than Jarred at this point.

Better to aim for their 2nd 1st round. Tinordi could play with Edmonton next year, and develop in to a great top 4 for them. Their 2nd round would be too little, IMO, unless they have to 2nd rounds ...

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
fig nation is crying their eyes out, they had Conner in the hall of fame with a leaf jersey! lol

hope habs can lock down a solid big player at there round,

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why would the Habs spend 5 years developping Tinordi to trade him for a 2nd rounder when he's knocking at the door to the NHL. Makes no sense.

Because in those 5 years he hasn't developed as expected. Beaulieu and Pateryn have easily moved ahead of him on the depth chart.

It might be best to get a high 2nd rounder before everyone realizes he's just a #5-6 defenceman.

Gamble80

Sep 23, 2014
If the Habs re-sign Petry, I can see Edmonton trading a 2nd for Tinordi.

I'm sure EDMonton would do it in a heartbeat, it would be stupid for montreal.

What about a package of Fucale, Tinordi, Pateryn, and our 3rd, for Hall or Yakupov and their 2nd.

For Hall for sure...that would be WAY too much for Yakapov.

Lol MacT isn't that stupid

LOL

Why would the Habs spend 5 years developping Tinordi to trade him for a 2nd rounder when he's knocking at the door to the NHL. Makes no sense.

Exactly!

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Lol MacT isn't that stupid
Hall is basically an elite player at this point.. No way in hell we get Hall without a 1st, Gallagher, and Beaulieu in the discussion AT LEAST. Yakupov had also been playing great, and he won't be traded nearly as easily anymore. Just saying..

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014

Tokarski had a bad season as a second of Price. But he has been really good last year. He could be a good second, and a possible first if he continu to develop. He's not the best G prospect, but he would not cost too much for the Oilers. But, you need to add a D prospect.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Tokarski had a bad season as a second of Price. But he has been really good last year. He could be a good second, and a possible first if he continu to develop. He's not the best G prospect, but he would not cost too much for the Oilers. But, you need to add a D prospect.

He's undersized and not technically proficient. If fasth and scrivens didn't work. Tokarski won't.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Moot argument anyway, MacT would laugh at that offer and hang up his phone in a heartbeat. He's not trading Hall or Yakupov or Eberle for projects, he's looking for established young players that can help right now. Prospects would be the icing on the cake for the deal, not the main part. He'd be looking at Gallagher, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk,etc.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014

Tokarski had a bad season as a second behind Price. And the D was not as good has now in the first half of the season. And he has been really good last year in the series. He could be a good second, and a possible first if he continu to develop. He's not the best G prospect, but he would not cost too much for the Oilers. But, you need to add a D prospect for a late first early second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad