2015 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Seeing Craig Button's list with Barzal, Zacha and Crouse @ 16th, 17th, & 18th, my hope is Bergevin is in his wheelhouse, figuring out how the Habs can get one of those picks. The Habs certainly don't have any chance of finishing that low or losing in the playoffs before the Eastern Conference Finals/SC Finals, so trading early for a 1st from a Wildcard team is probably the only chance, get it done Bergy one of those three could be huge for our SC hopes in 4-5 yrs.:nod::nod::nod: Who knows maybe Svechnikov will fall to the Habs in a perfect world, a Hab World.

Last edited:

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Vladimir Tkachyov could be a good pick up in 2nd round, he is crazy good and kind of flying under the radar right now. Fly on the ice and has Datsyuk-like hands, pretty impressive player.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Vladimir Tkachyov could be a good pick up in 2nd round, he is crazy good and kind of flying under the radar right now. Fly on the ice and has Datsyuk-like hands, pretty impressive player.

He's played ultra soft and lazy this year...no way I'd even sniff him until the 6th or 7th round.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Malgin is Switzerland's leading scorer (2 pts behind the tournament lead), that being said he has no goals :(! hes looked really good so far tho.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Barely a PPG in the weakest CHL league in his second eligible draft year and you think he goes in the second? He's the same age as McCarron and Reway who both have/had dominant CHL numbers. This is the Q where the leading goaltending stats would be the worst in the NHL by a large margin.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
@MarkEdwardsHP
Today the #Coyotes sit 27th. We ranked Marner 5th in our most recent #NHLDraft rankings. Could they add #Marner to #Domi #Dvorak ?

wouldn't be too bad :P

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
yea Crouse has been solid, hes not a 1 dimensional player w/ size like Ritchie etc.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Yes really liking the writeups on Zboril,J.Roy and Provorov....would love to get one of them.
Also Brandon Carlo is an interesting 6'5 RD playing in Tri-cities of WHL

here is a write up on Carlo I found........................sounds simiiar to Lernout

Saskatoon (WHL) – D Brandon Carlo, Tri-City, 6-5, 205

“He’s an absolute monster out on the ice and skates extremely well for his size. His footwork is not perfect but definitely at a higher level than you would expect for someone who is 6’5 and over 200 pounds. He’s got a good powerful skating stride and displayed solid lateral mobility on a number of occasions including during some 1 on 1 defensive plays.

The other big thing I noticed about his game aside from skating is just how mean he is. Was constantly in player’s faces; chirping and talking trash. He also was a big fan of using his stick behind the play. Constantly poking player’s legs; slashing them. A borderline dirty player who has a very mean edge to his game.

His game is not limited to being a defensive player only. He was very involved in the play – especially early – looking to jump up into the rush and push the pace. He passed the puck well all night and showed off a very hard shot on a couple of occasions. With that hard shot he did a good job getting himself into shooting position while also showing the ability to handle the puck in such a way to give himself space to shoot it. He’s got good offensive instincts to go with his skating and snarl.

He did have some miscues in the game though. I noticed one bad play with the puck and it came as he blindly threw it up the middle, resulting in a scoring chance against. There was also a play in the second period where he tried to dangle across the offensive blueline with his head down and got absolutely lit up.

He played roughly 22-24 minutes, I would guess, seeing time on the second PP unit while also killing penalties. Wore an “A” as an alternate Captain. Overall, I love his upside. While he does rely a lot on his size and strength at this level, I think he has the tools to still “play the game” at the next level. His size and skating combo is rare and coveted by NHL teams. Not only that, but I think that combination will allow him to play at the NHL level sooner than most players drafted in his same range.

I would fully expect some teams have him rated as a top 20 player in this draft and I would say he’s an easy top 40 selection for me at this point in time.”

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I think Rasmus Andersson would be a perfect 1st round pick for Montreal at this point.

He's an interesting guy, he's been a bit under the radar up to now but I'm starting to hear his name a lot lately. He's still generally rated outside the first round by most publications but I really wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks into the late first when all is said and done. I don't get to see Barrie all that often though , I'd really appreciate a report from someone more familiar with the guy on the board.

Dec 2, 2010
Seen Rasmus a few times. Most of the time quiet, simple dman. Very good distribution from the blue line. Very quick wrister. Skating could use some polishing imo but he's improved since the season start. A few times, he was caught watching the play around him. Shoulders the heavy minutes on a poor to below average defensive core. "Unsexy" 1st rounder but could be a safe pick with good enough potential.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think Rasmus Andersson would be a perfect 1st round pick for Montreal at this point.

I agree. The Habs need more bluechip talent on defence, specifically puckmovers. He's going to be one of those gem Swedish defencemen that drop further than they should.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Seen Rasmus a few times. Most of the time quiet, simple dman. Very good distribution from the blue line. Very quick wrister. Skating could use some polishing imo but he's improved since the season start. A few times, he was caught watching the play around him. Shoulders the heavy minutes on a poor to below average defensive core. "Unsexy" 1st rounder but could be a safe pick with good enough potential.

Much obliged good sir ! He sounds very raw but interesting none the less. We can just add him to the pile of note worthy guys that might be around at our spot. We'll end up having a lot of option in the puck moving D with upside department which is our number one priority IMO. Might be quite a few locals in the mix as well which will make it interesting.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
Now that Gavrikov had a monster WJC, is there any chance whatsoever that he gets picked by some NHL team (including, but not limited to, the Habs if he ends up filling a Habs prospect need and he's still available by late 1st or 2nd)?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
draftable non-overagers that i was impressed by at the U20's:

Dergachyov, Malgin, Rantanen (but not really, he'll be gone between 10-15), Cernak, Carlo, Siegenthaler

Really liked what i saw from Dergachyov.
Paygin is also an extremely interesting prospect, hes an overager tho.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
draftable non-overagers that i was impressed by at the U20's:

Dergachyov, Malgin, Rantanen (but not really, he'll be gone between 10-15), Cernak, Carlo, Siegenthaler

Really liked what i saw from Dergachyov.
Paygin is also an extremely interesting prospect, hes an overager tho.

I'll second that vote on Dergachev, 6'4 Center will be hard to pass on, played with a lot of tenacity and grit, don't know the player that well but liked what I saw from him in the game versus Sweden and Canada...would rather have McDavid but something's telling me he won't be there when we pick :)

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
So far I'm favouring:

Jansen Harkins and Thomas Novak as centres and Brandon Carlo and Rasmus Anderson on D. Those are 4 that aren't the "sexy" pick but they would fit in great with our team.

If a centre or defensemen are not available someone like Jordan Greenway and Nikita Korostelev are decent pickups as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad