2015 NHL Draft Prospect Discussion - 2 first rounders coming home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I guess you'd have no problem taking Crouse over Strome if our scouts deem it necessary as well?

I don't know what your problem is. I don't like Crouse. I've watched him a lot this season and I don't feel comfortable picking him anywhere in the top 15.

This draft is far too deep to say that Crouse is a lock to go in the top half of the 1st round.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Am I crazy/ignorent to think that drafting Marner is essentially drafting Nylander again?

Do we need another undersized skilled winger?

Every club needs a mixture of sizes - they all need to be skilled big or small - but it's what's between the ears that is the most important thing to evaluate in picking these young players.

Less of the huge celebration after every goal type of players that we have had in Toronto.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I don't know what your problem is. I don't like Crouse. I've watched him a lot this season and I don't feel comfortable picking him anywhere in the top 15.

This draft is far too deep to say that Crouse is a lock to go in the top half of the 1st round.

If the Leafs really want a high upside power forward they should have Bittner available in the early 20's. Strome and Bittner would be some nice size to build around. A Bittner - Strome - Nylander line could have some serious potential.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
More from Beauvillier:

He sounds like a boss, wouldn't mind him or harkin either.
This is pretty much spot on and I love having Crouse out of the top ten and later in the first round.

I might be the only one that thinks Barzal > Strome...

been saying this since the beginning and for a while :laugh: Yes Barzal is more skilled than strome. If he stays back in the thunderbirds he's going to rip it up next year and move more heads than he has already started to.

91Kadri91*

If the Leafs really want a high upside power forward they should have Bittner available in the early 20's. Strome and Bittner would be some nice size to build around. A Bittner - Strome - Nylander line could have some serious potential.

Bittner's a power-forward in the same way JVR is a power-forward.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
He sounds like a boss, wouldn't mind him or harkin either.

been saying this since the beginning and for a while :laugh: Yes Barzal is more skilled than strome. If he stays back in the thunderbirds he's going to rip it up next year and move more heads than he has already started to.

Don't like Beauvillier's game at all. Please let's stay away. (Watch him become a superstar lol)

91Kadri91*

Don't like Beauvillier's game at all. Please let's stay away. (Watch him become a superstar lol)

What's not to like?

Great skater, good hands, very responsible defensively, great at the dot, leadership qualities, high compete level... what am I missing?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
With Mark Hunter in the fold, I can see us picking Beauvillier. He doesn't shy away from smaller players with skill, that play big. If Leafs draft him with Nashville's pick I would not be unhappy one bit. He looks like a difference maker on and off the ice. That's what this team needs.

It's kind of funny Mckenzie has him in the 50's on his list, and CSB in the 40's. Not sure why he is ranked so low. I have this kid firmly in the top 30. He's a first rd pick IMO.

Anthony also meets my criteria of *Player should be skilled, but he should have equal parts of skill, determination, willingness to go into corners, win puck battles, defensive play, hockey smarts, maturity, courage, leadership, character and work ethic.* The Best player not just best skilled/most should be the focus.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
http://leafshub.com/will-hunter-connection-make-marner-a-leaf/

Jude: “What sticks out most about Marner’s incredible season for you guys?”

Dylan: “Well, obviously there’s the production and numbers, but it’s more so the fact that he’s doing it as a 17 year old. Not only that, but he’s doing it under a great deal of pressure. For Mitch, it really comes down to the intangibles. He’s a heady player. Aside from the skill, he just gets it. And by that I mean if we say “Mitch, we need you to block a shot” late in a game, he’s willing to do it (which he did during the game I should add). That’s the thing with him. It’s all the other stuff that comes with being a special player. And the guys in the room love him. He’s a leader and he’s extremely grounded. There’s no ego with Mitch, he wants to do whatever the team asks of him and he’ll do anything to help. That’s not to say he isn’t confident. Sure he is, and you have to be in order to be successful. He believes in himself but in the correct manner.”

Last edited by a moderator:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Strome for me, but really it's so close that i'd be thrilled with either.

Finishing 4th last is so crucial, guaranteeing one of Hanifan/Strome/Marner.

Finishing 5th last and getting bumped to 6th would be a bit of a downer.

I dont know, I think Provorov, Werenski, and Barzal all have incredible upside. I wouldnt be disappointed with any of them.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I agree with the other guy, I don't see it with Crouse. Lots of potential but far from a sure bet. I thi k he should be late 1st round.

Curious, what exactly do posters on hfboards see differently than scouting services? I've seen him ranked as high as three, and consistently in the top 10. What exactly does he not show to make posters so certain that he is not worthy of such rankings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad