Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Draft - Pick #41 - Ryan Gropp

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I wouldn't call him a fool, I'm sure he's a smart guy outside of HF but his post, and many of the conclusions he draws as it pertains specifically to hockey are a joke.

A joke because you don't agree with them?

Excellent job adding to the conversation. Hopefully all your posts are as insightful.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
After watching more of Pirri, Gropp, if everything goes right for him in the next couple of seasons he will be a lot like Pirri. Very similar. Just a thought I had watching the game last night.

Hm, I see about no comparison to Pirri... ;)

Gropp have to have a great couple of years in front of him in terms of developing to become a 3-4 line grinder in the NHL. Jesper Fast type with less skill.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
Hm, I see about no comparison to Pirri... ;)

Gropp have to have a great couple of years in front of him in terms of developing to become a 3-4 line grinder in the NHL. Jesper Fast type with less skill.

Gropp will never make it as a fourth liner. Not his game.
They both rely on their shot and skating. Neither are that good at controlling the puck. Both are not very physical. Gropp is used the same on the PP as Pirri.
I have been down on Gropp since NYR drafted him, but now that we have him I try to find the positives. Plus people calling him the next Neil or Benn have never seen him play in person, he plays nothing like either of those players.
Tell me, what makes me a fool?
How many of you have seen Gropp play in person on the reg?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad