GDT: 2015 NHL Draft II - What do you mean Sutters still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Walk and wait until the camps start. Teams will be trading salary or needs by then. Toronto has to move Kessel and just wait them. I don't want the cap hit or the price to pay from weakness. Shame that it looks like Kunitz and Scuderi are not going to be moved this weekend.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
There are precedents. Luongo in Vancouver comes to mind.

Of course, anybody who followed that knows the Canucks made a huge mistake, but when teams don't like the offers they see and dig their heels in...

That's my point. It rarely ends well for the team that drags onto these situations. That's why I feel Pittsburgh has more leverage than Toronto with Kessel.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm sure Toronto really wants him traded before he gives them a new list.

Yep.

It's a fascinating game of chicken. I mean, it should be perfect for Toronto. They've got an impatient GM like JR desperate to do something. But, that very desperation makes it possible he just walks and does something else just to do it.

When you've got a guy you really have to move, it's a problem for Shanny too.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You guys are fools for following pens media. We had more HF members break news than those fools. Iginla, maatta injury, dupers blood clots, mumps, etc.

Name me one thing the local media broke. The big time guys get their info faster than the locals.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Better reason:
nolan_bushnell_250x.jpg

He looks like he's 40?

:sarcasm:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
You guys are fools for following pens media. We had more HF members break news than those fools. Iginla, maatta injury, dupers blood clots, mumps, etc.

Name me one thing the local media broke. The big time guys get their info faster than the locals.

I wonder what the Devils board looks like right now :sarcasm:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Im sure Kessel hates the thought of playing with Crosby or Malkin.

And all the pressure off his shoulders.

Clearly you missed my point.

From all accounts, there's a good deal with Pittsburgh on the table. Not what you really want, but good.

There's a fear Pittsburgh walks, meaning you either keep Kessel (which you can't) or trade him for less than Pittsburgh was offering.

And, even if Pittsburgh is patient, there's always the chance Kessel just removes Pittsburgh from his list because he wants FULL CONTROL (i.e., to say yes) over destinations in spite of the NTC.

What does any of that have to do with Crosby and Malkin?

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
Walk and wait until the camps start. Teams will be trading salary or needs by then. Toronto has to move Kessel and just wait them. I don't want the cap hit or the price to pay from weakness. Shame that it looks like Kunitz and Scuderi are not going to be moved this weekend.

Except we're boned if we wait and don't get Kessel or any free agents. If they play hardball I would just trade for Oshie and sign Stafford /Stewart /Frolik or play Bennett or plotnikov in the top 6 and call it a day. Then you have Kapanen who can come up the next year

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

I'm not following them so much as laughing at their random tweets chronicling Rutherford's every step.

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
I really like what we've been able to do with our picks. A lot of high upside guys here.

The thing that I like is that we took a few kids that are older and closer to being NHL ready than say a college kid that is 3-4 years away.

It's no secret that our prospect cupboard is pretty empty and this could address that issue.

...and Sprong, I can't express how happy I am to see this team actually grab an offensive, talented winger with a lot of skill and booming shot.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Pretty sure we're following to mock them, not for news. :popcorn:

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I don't understand why we're not picking a bunch of 5'6" guys from Bumsuck St. in Minnesota?

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
If Kessel really wants to be here, which I think he does, then I doubt he'd do that just to spite Toronto. This is basically the perfect situation for him. He'd be playing on a contender where all he's really asked to do is put up a **** ton of points, he doesn't necessarily have to be a leader or the face of the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad