Speculation: 2015 Free Agency

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
In my opinion I think you'll see the habs fill some serious roles in the 2015 Free Agency. We're missing a top stay at home defenseman to play with Subban and potentially a top 6 winger. The class is deep with quality talent. A very big decision will also be made in regards to one of our Centers as you will almost surely see Galchenyuk finally make the transition, if not at some point this year.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Plekanec - Ryan

De La Rose - Eller - Parenteau

Prust - Bournival - Weise

Staal - Subban

Markov - Gilbert

Beaulieu - Tinordi

Price

Budaj

- Mark Staal : 5 years, 5.7 million per.
- Bobby Ryan : 6 years, 6.5 million per.
- Emelin traded

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
In my opinion I think you'll see the habs fill some serious roles in the 2015 Free Agency. We're missing a top stay at home defenseman to play with Subban and potentially a top 6 winger. The class is deep with quality talent. A very big decision will also be made in regards to one of our Centers as you will almost surely see Galchenyuk finally make the transition, if not at some point this year.

Staal - Subban

Markov - Gilbert

Beaulieu - Tinordi

Price

Budaj

- Emelin traded

This season is the last for Budaj in Montreal, if he even start here.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Tinordi-Subban

PAP will be a fine scoring winger

The Gallys will both score 20g+ this year and need to get paid so we need the cap room.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
We only just passed 2014 free agency!! This is way too pre-emptive! Nobody knows what the team will look like late next season.

And just for my opinion, the line up you posted has way too many young players/rookies.

Plekanecs is the only seasoned vet in your entire forward line-up! Come on man!

Edit: Maybe Bobby Ryan...

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
First and foremost, the Habs have to sign Subban immediately. If it goes to arbitration the Habs risk losing him to free agency. In that case, I d seriously consider trading him, perhaps to the Oilers for two of their recent first overall picks, such as Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, or Yakupov. Frankly, if that haooened the Habs would be worse of even with those talented forwards.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011

Staal - Subban

Markov - Gilbert

Beaulieu - Tinordi

Price

Budaj

- Emelin traded

Every idiot in these forums wants to trade Emelin. Why? Why would you trade him for marc staal, at a ridiculous deal you suggested. Absolutely absurd

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Weird because I'm looking towards the 2015 playoffs. Next offseason? You're aware that the Habs are allowed to make trades 3/4 into the season right?

This is Gainey talk. Gainey next year. Gainey 5 years. Gainey 10. Well let me tell you one thing, hombre. This is not your Gainey's team. It's not even Andre Savard.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Weird because I'm looking towards the 2015 playoffs. Next offseason? You're aware that the Habs are allowed to make trades 3/4 into the season right?

This is Gainey talk. Gainey next year. Gainey 5 years. Gainey 10. Well let me tell you one thing, hombre. This is not your Gainey's team. It's not even Andre Savard.

I'm looking towards October first. I miss hockey now. Opening night is my adulthood equivalent of Christmas morning. You just don't know what your gonna get! And I've generally been looking forward to it for a couple months.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
And I hate pre-season because it's like peaking into your gifts before you get them. So I try to avoid it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad