2015-2016 Minnesota Wild Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
That doesn't change the fact that these numbers have zero indication on what goes on in the regular season.

Unless you really think there's a chance Coyle will outscore everyone else on the Wild roster.

Remember how AWESOME the PP was in last year's pre-season? They looked like they put on a clinic for how to run a PP... how did that turn out?

They were pulling the rope a dope and didn't start using it till the post season duh! Who needs that silly home ice advantage?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Didn't we just say preseason doesn't mean much? Feel like you're arguing against no one. :laugh:

My initial post in response to yours was to say... despite the pre-season numbers, don't let Coyle's pre-season stats get your hopes up. Yes, you said it doesn't mean much... but then went on to try to pry hope out of those numbers.

It not only doesn't mean much, it means absolutely nothing IMO.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I agree the numbers are fools gold but Coyle looks really good. Much more assertive and confident.

Side note: Suter looked off tonight. Seemed a step slow.

Also, Ristolainen on Buffalo was awful out there. He didn't have much help but he was getting picked on left and right. Was counting on a big year for him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I agree the numbers are fools gold but Coyle looks really good. Much more assertive and confident.

Also, Ristolainen on Buffalo was awful out there. He didn't have much help but he was getting picked on left and right. Was counting on a big year for him.
That I can agree with. Assessing how players look etc is what pre-season is good for. ;)

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I have a layover in Denver a week from tonight. Thinking I will just leave the airport and go catch the game in person and find a later flight :yo::yo::yo:

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY

He was being played on his off side, to see how he'd do, since the Sabres are thin on the left side. He was also out for a few weeks.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
good game except i did not like dumba dropping the gloves , hes way too valuable to risk injury. regular season here we come. lets get this party started! whats the theme this year?

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
what happened to the highlights of this game? last night i could see the goals on the main wild website, now i can't even find them

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Never really liked Bulmer. Never seemed like a good pick at that position. Draft for skill those first few rounds.

Funny that the Coyle at center experiment seems over according to Russo. I would guess Graovac is on a pretty short leash though.

Really like the D pairings:

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Scandella-Folin

Think that D top to bottom is best in the league.

Should be a fun season.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Never really liked Bulmer. Never seemed like a good pick at that position. Draft for skill those first few rounds.

Funny that the Coyle at center experiment seems over according to Russo. I would guess Graovac is on a pretty short leash though.

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Scandella-Folin

Should be a fun season.

I don't think it's over at all. Unless Graovac plays well enough to where we can't send him down, when Fontaine comes back, Coyle goes back to center and Graovac to Iowa.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Scandella-Folin

Should be a fun season.

It's pretty great to be able to look at the 3rd pairing and be OK with them playing 20 minutes a game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's pretty great to be able to look at the 3rd pairing and be OK with them playing 20 minutes a game.

I will be bummed out if Scandella doesn't get a lot of TOI this year. For all the talk of Dumba's bomb from the point, Scandella's is just as good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
good game except i did not like dumba dropping the gloves , hes way too valuable to risk injury. regular season here we come. lets get this party started! whats the theme this year?

Yeah, I reacted the same when I heard he fought. Do NOT want to see him injured!

I don't think it's over at all. Unless Graovac plays well enough to where we can't send him down, when Fontaine comes back, Coyle goes back to center and Graovac to Iowa.
Or another possibility, Coyle shows he's so much better at RW that Graovac stays even if he doesn't look "irreplaceable" and thus Schroeder gets put on waivers.

Graovac started the preseason looking like he was just trying to fit in, but then he turned it around and got more agressive. Jordan though hasn't had a very good preseason at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad