GDT: 2015-16 Other Playoff Games II

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
The Pitt-TB series is so different than ours. Lighter on defense but a lot heavier on offense. Will be interesting to see how these teams play against the Blues/SJ teams which are physical as well as fast.

Well I haven't really thought about who id want to face. But my gut says penguins. Need one more win though!

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
Well I haven't really thought about who id want to face. But my gut says penguins. Need one more win though!

If the Sharks can advance, I'd probably rather play TB simply because they don't have their best player.

Although the Pens have a pretty mediocre defensive corps...

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If the Sharks can advance, I'd probably rather play TB simply because they don't have their best player.

True. But sustr carle coburn isn't exactly convincing either.

Tampa might be the best choice because no stamkos or padzilla. But then you have a guy Matt Murray who should fall off soon...right? Lol.

It might be too much to ask to shutdown Crosby Malkin and kessel though.

I'll have to think about it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
TB looks like a pretty good AHL team playing an amazing NHL team tonight. They also looked like this in game 3, getting outshot 48-24 or something.

It's already 26-11 in favor of Pittsburgh tonight.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

They have Letang. With Daley out of the playoffs now. They are really thin on D. I am not very familiar with their players but this is their lineup for todays game.

Bennett-Crosby-Hornquist
Kunitz-Malkin-Rust
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Fehr

Maata-Letang
Doumoulin-Lovejoy
Cole-Schultz

Their forward core is pretty good but I think we match up well against them. Their 3rd line has actually been their best line for most of these playoffs.

That D though, I don't know, is not exactly instilling fear in me. Hedman is a beast though. I know Letang is good but Hedman is a force.

Anyway, we need to win another game against a tough Blues team. Can speculate after that .. :)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
TB looks like a pretty good AHL team playing an amazing NHL team tonight. They also looked like this in game 3, getting outshot 48-24 or something.

It's already 26-11 in favor of Pittsburgh tonight.

A lot of that is Tampa just sucking ass. Passing up shots, terrible puck management.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Honestly think SJ or STL would beat either of these teams with Daley and Stamkos' respective injuries. If SJ chokes this series to STL, I think Backes/Stastny would become the worst #1C to ever win the Stanley Cup.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Honestly think SJ or STL would beat either of these teams with Daley and Stamkos' respective injuries. If SJ chokes this series to STL, I think Backes/Stastny would become the worst #1C to ever win the Stanley Cup.

Nah, plenty of teams have won with middling centers; they usually are insanely strong on defense and in net. See some of the cup-winning Devils teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad