Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020369

Sparks could face Hellebuyck in Maple Leafs vs. Jets

Tuesday, 12.01.2015 / 7:31 PM

Patrick Williams - NHL.com Correspondent

MAPLE LEAFS (8-11-5) at JETS (11-12-2)

TV: SN

Season series: Alexander Burmistrov scored with 2:05 left in the third period to help the Winnipeg Jets defeat the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 at Air Canada Centre on Nov. 4. Winnipeg defenseman Toby Enstrom had two assists, and goaltender Ondrej Pavelec made 23 saves.

Maple Leafs team scope: Goaltender Garret Sparks is expected to make his second NHL start after shutting out the Edmonton Oilers 3-0 in his debut Monday. Forward Joffrey Lupul went on injured reserve with a lower-body injury retroactive to Nov. 28. To replace Lupul, forward Richard Clune was recalled from Toronto of the American Hockey League; Clune has played two NHL games this season. Goaltender James Reimer (lower body) remains out. Forward Leo Komarov has a three-game goal streak. Forward James van Riemsdyk (five assists) and defenseman Dion Phaneuf each have a three-game point streak (four assists). Toronto plays the Minnesota Wild on Thursday.

Jets team scope: Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is a possibility to start. He won his NHL debut 3-1 against the Minnesota Wild on Nov. 27. If not, it would be Michael Hutchinson, who has allowed three or more goals in each of his past five starts. Defenseman Ben Chiarot, who has been a healthy scratch the past seven games, was paired with Dustin Byfuglien in practice Tuesday, according to the Jets website. "[It is] an opportunity if [Chiarot] goes back in," coach Paul Maurice said. "His play wasn't where we hoped it would be, and that is the reason he came out." Chiarot would replace Adam Pardy.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Not expecting much from this game.

Me neither. I actually don't remember the last time the Leafs won against the Jets because they played so poorly these last few years against them. Jets fans are really annoying when they play against your team and the last few broadcast, when the Leafs were losing, I just turned off the audio of the game.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
I hate the Jets with a passion.

...Because their fans are so full of passion, and I remember when I did.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I'm sure it'll be fun for Jonathan Bernier again to follow the young noob rookie, the great Sparks who played awwsome in his debut. It'll be fun for the 4 mil Bernier again.
Sparks is the real deal, great emotion too. I'ma see to this one.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Well, at least the Jets are almost as pathetic as the Leafs this year and defensively they are worse.

These are probably not the games Bettman would use to market the NHL anywhere.

No? I think they might be.

High-flying, big-hitting, high-scoring, with extremely loud fans? Sounds like good TV to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad