WC: 2015 — Team Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
They have about the same numbers in AHL. NHL/AHL numbers do not always mean so much when it comes to internationally play. Crosby has been good, but has yet again fail to live up to the hype so far internationally, even though canada has done well. Klingberg has been very good in WHC, but he is still far away from OEL standard, but in NHL klingberg have better PPG than OEL.

So AHL numbers beside, they are very different kinds of players. Lander is maybe a more complete player, but I would say Nylander is head and shoulders above Lander when it comes to elite offensive skills, Nylander is a much better playmaker than Lander is now, and that is what we are missing, some forwards with that extra offensvily.

Lander has 4p in 7 games so far as a first line center when his own linemates have 9 p each, it is not very impressing. He has been solid and I like him, but at this point of his career he is more of a bottom 6 kind of guy in the national team.

With that said I would have wanted to have both in the team.

I disagree, there is a reason why the line is clicking. Lander has been doing a lot of the dirty work and should not be judged by the number of points. That line has been one of the best, if not the best, so far in the WHC and Lander plays a big part in that.

What do you mean bottom 6? On which team, Olympic?

Do you think Nylander would be better in the role he is right now? He probably will be, there was a reason he was picked at no 8. Lander was a second rounder... To say they have about the same AHL numbers is not really true. It would be the same as saying that a player with 71 pts in the regular NHL season is about the same as a player with 93 pts.

I think people are mixing up potential with actual performance here.

Lander has experience, a solid two way game and at the moment higher offensive numbers in NA, i.e. AHL since Nylander has not yet played NHL.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
:laugh: seriously?

Nylander >>>>> Lander.

And just because he is pretty does not mean he got a big ego (in a bad way anyway).

:laugh:

Maybe if you added potential behind each name it would have been more accurate, but even then the sheer number of >'s you throw in there are just laughable.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
It's looks like Sweden will play either Russia or Finland at the 1/4 finals.
Any preferences?

It's a bit like choosing between plague and cholera, I think Russia will play a less defensively responsible game against us. I can see Finland throwing a big wrench in our offensive machinery and shut us down, so as weird as it feels saying it I would prefer to face Russia.

Then again, we usually rise to the occasion against Finland.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
It's a bit like choosing between plague and cholera, I think Russia will play a less defensively responsible game against us. I can see Finland throwing a big wrench in our offensive machinery and shut us down, so as weird as it feels saying it I would prefer to face Russia.

Yeah, it's either Russia with a bunch of star forwards, or Finland with the ability to shut down our offense - and Rinne in net. :dunno:

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
I think the fins will be less difficult to defeat, simply because I dread the idea of guys like Rahimi, Ahnelöv and Granberg going up against russia's high octane offense.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
On a positive note, this team has the tournament exactly where they want it. They are the underdogs, regardless if they face the Finns or the Russians. Especially if they face the Russians.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
On a positive note, this team has the tournament exactly where they want it. They are the underdogs, regardless if they face the Finns or the Russians. Especially if they face the Russians.

Our team beat the Russians twice before the tournament, so I don't know. Definitely wouldn't be underdogs against Finland.

I like our chances against Russia.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
I think we can trade with the Russians offensively, blow by blow. We should have a honest chance atleast.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Our team beat the Russians twice before the tournament, so I don't know. Definitely wouldn't be underdogs against Finland.

I like Sweden to beat Russia as well. Rinne is on another level right now for Finland, and i actually think Russia was a better matchup for Sweden. Call me crazy if you want (LOL).

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I'll be more afraid when the defending D is Klingberg or Klefbom really.

I think it is very unfair to base your opinion on a few mistakes. overall Klingberg and Klefbom have been 2 of our best players at both sides.

The winner today is btw Canada. Now I think they will win it.

Russia feel like the best team in that group, so I would have prefer to not meeting them.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Imagine if OEL and Forsberg weren't on the team.

Jeeeez...

And imagine what OEL could/would do on a good NHL team instead of the trainwreck that is Arizona.

He'd be in the Norris discussion every season.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Russia have looked quite average so far, but they could very well step up a gear now that we head into the final stages. 55/45 in favor of Russia I'd say.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Yes! I LOVE playing a team who has rested all the big guns while aces like Primarov, Drabantov and Klepkin have had their fifteen minutes.

Last edited:

JFG

Mar 14, 2012

Sweden are hardly ever the underdogs against Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad