WC: 2015 — Team Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
To me Klingberg is now really close to the "a-team" after this tournament, if he is not there already. I was really impressed by how he steped up in this game and gave us a chance to win it. While OEL actually steped down a bit in this game, but Klingberg was dominating.

Edler - Karlsson
Hedman - OEL
Kronwall - Klingberg
Lindholm

Just outside, Brodin and Strålman.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Klingberg had some afwul turnovers in the tournament, but oh man this guy can move the puck. The way he dances around forwards to get a better scoring chance is beatiful to watch.

Wasnt that impressed by Elias Lindholm, Looked slow?

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Today wasn't the issue with this team. They won the games they should on paper and lost the ones they were supposed to lose. The issue was they played like they had a bunch of all-stars when in reality they had Anton Lander as the #1 center. Should've tightened the defense as soon as the game against Czech Republic was over, but they just never improved defensively. We were unlucky to draw the best team in the other group despite finishing 2nd in our group, but honestly we're here to win and not reach the semis so what does it matter when we play them.

In reality, no player really underperformed. Lindström was snakebitten and that's about it. The players that were supposed to score goals and points did. Our federation need to find a way to get the best players on the team when they're actually available, or else all we can hope for is to fluke a win every 10th year and win some bronze medals in between.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Klingberg had some afwul turnovers in the tournament, but oh man this guy can move the puck. The way he dances around forwards to get a better scoring chance is beatiful to watch.

Wasnt that impressed by Elias Lindholm, kid is a great talent. Should stand out more in a tournament like this no?

Well he played in the third line with not much time on PP, and he still produce 6p. His linemates scored 4 and 2 p. I think Lindholm was pretty good, I didnt expect him to dominated.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
To me Klingberg is now really close to the "a-team" after this tournament, if he is not there already. I was really impressed by how he steped up in this game and gave us a chance to win it. While OEL actually steped down a bit in this game, but Klingberg was dominating.

Edler - Karlsson
Hedman - OEL
Kronwall - Klingberg
Lindholm

I have no idea which tournament you watched. I thought he was really underwhelming, aside from the game against Russia where he was good.

Lindholm and Brodin are better at everything except the PP. That goes for Adam Larsson too abd Hjalmarsson too.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I have no idea which tournament you watched. I thought he was really underwhelming, aside from the game against Russia where he was good.

Lindholm and Brodin are better at everything except the PP. That goes for Adam Larsson too abd Hjalmarsson too.

First off, very different kind of players. I would hardly say Hjalmarsson, Larsson and Klingberg would compete about the same role. But I am a big fan of Lindholm.

But anyway, none of those 4 are better at skating, passing, or puck moving etc, that is very importent in 5v5 as well not just PP. Especially not Adam Larsson.

I do not see the big deal with Adam Larsson, he do not lock comfortable with the puck at all when I have watch NJD, and do not handle pressure very well. Many easy pass to wrong address, and he is not exactly a smooth skater. He is good around the boarders and have a good shoot, but there is much more work to do for Larsson in my book.

I love Lindholm, but Larsson and Lindholm is also unproven internationally. Brodin was good but didnt dominate in WC 2012, he is not that kind of player, he is simply a very solid player and I do like him for that. Hjalmarsson was in my eyes underwhleming in the olympics. Either way I do not think anyway of those 4 can dominate a game like Klingberg did, the game he had against russia was one of the best preformance I have seen from a swedish player against any of the big nations. OEL had a similar game... Against france. If you want to create a shutdown pair, then yes go with 2 of those, if you want to have a good puck moving d-men, go with Klingberg.

Klingberg was very good in the group stage as well, while not as good as he was in th q-final. I guess you are one of those that focus on the mistakes he did and didnt look at the overall preformance, because he was good in every game. But he step up a couple of levels when it really matters, and that is a good attribute, especially when it is his first senior internationally tournament.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Wasnt that impressed by Elias Lindholm, Looked slow?

Yeah, he really has to work on his skating & conditioning. Looked tired.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
As expected, Hjalmarsson and Danielsson sucked in all games.

Hörnqvist and J.Larsson would have brought so much more to this team.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
As expected, Hjalmarsson and Danielsson sucked in all games.

But they will ofcourse be there next WC, if MÃ¥rts is still here.

Hörnqvist and J.Larsson would have brought so much more to this team.

Hjalmarsson was a complete ghost, can't remember a single play he made. Danielsson got too little icetime to really show something though.

I didn't think anyone really stood out in a bad way but too few stood out in a good way.

- Sjögren got a lot of praise, and rightfully so, but ideally he's a guy you wan't on a checking line. Same with Lander.

- I've never been a fan of Jimmie Ericsson and I would start to look for other players to fill his role from here on. Lundqvist was better than I expected but he's always a step behind the play and by no means irreplaceable.

- The young guys played well but they have a lot of things to work on still. Lindholm, Forsberg, Rask, Klingberg, Klefbom can contribute on this level but they also have flaws and it becomes very noticeable against the better teams.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
Klingberg was +9 in the tournament, by far the best on the swedish team. I didn't watch the Canada game but he played solid defence when I watched, better than OEL.

Tomtefar

Dec 7, 2014
Ekman-Larsson
Forsberg

Sjögren

Möller
Eriksson
Lander
Lindström

Klingberg

Lindholm
Ahnelöv
Kronwall
Rahimi
Rask
Nilsson
Lundquist
Josefsson
Granberg
Ericsson

Coaches

1 or play to little

Hjalmarsson
Enroth
Thuresson
Danielsson
Svensson (GK)

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Edler - Karlsson
Hedman - OEL
Kronwall - Klingberg
Lindholm

I recently started to think "opposite". Whenever a lonely opponent forechecked swedish defenders I started to cheer for the lonely forward, hoping he would somehow steal the puck or cause trouble so his friends could come running.

And...you wouldn't BELIEVE (Lou Reed - "Rock'n'roll-ish) how often the viewing experience turned into something good.

Jedi Mind Tricks: That's what Enroth tried to accomplish with his Markström-like slowness from side to side when 0-1. "I am on my way to the place where you will shot, and you know it and will not shoot and soon I believe in it myself and I will uncounciusly leave a hole where the sun don't shine. Think Upper left.

Gabriel Landeskog - Henrik Zetterberg - Filip Forsberg
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Loui Eriksson
Jakob Silfverberg - Nicklas Bäckström - Patric Hörnqvist
Alexander Steen - Mikael Backlund - Marcus Johansson
Patrik Berglund - Elias Lindholm

Hampus Lindholm - Erik Karlsson
Oliver Ekman Larsson - Victor Hedman
Niklas Kronwall - Jonas Brodin
Niklas Hjalmarsson - Alexander Edler

Henrik Lundqvist
Whoever
Robin Lehner

The rest of the bunch:

André Burakovsky - Carl Söderberg - Mika Zibanejad
Rickard Rakell - Marcus Krüger - Gustaf Nyquist
Carl Hagelin - Calle Järnkrok - Oscar Möller
Alexander Wennberg - Jacob Josefson - Victor Rask
Jacob de la Rose - William Nylander - Melker Karlsson
Dennis Everberg - Mattias Sjögren - Carl Klingberg

Oscar Klefbom - Carl Gunnarsson
Mattias Ekholm - Anton Strålman
Nicklas Grossmann - Adam Larsson
John Klingberg - David Rundblad

Viktor Fasth
Jonas Gustavsson
Jonas Enroth
Jacob Markström
Anders Nilsson
Eddie Läck
Anders Lindbäck
Niklas Svedberg

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Ekman-Larsson
Forsberg

Sjögren

Möller
Eriksson
Lander
Lindström

Klingberg

Lindholm
Ahnelöv
Kronwall
Rahimi
Rask
Nilsson
Lundquist
Josefsson
Granberg
Ericsson

Coaches

1 or play to little

Hjalmarsson
Enroth
Thuresson
Danielsson
Svensson (GK)

So bad he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned: Klefbom

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Klingberg was +9 in the tournament, by far the best on the swedish team. I didn't watch the Canada game but he played solid defence when I watched, better than OEL.

Yeah, he was good throughout the whole tournament, but he did also play by far his best game when it matters the most. So for me it is weird to see people here giving OEL a 4 but Klingberg a 2,5, when it was Klingberg that steped up when it really matters. OEL was very good overall in this tournament, but if Klingberg just repeats in NHL he should be before OEL in the hierarchy.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah, he was good throughout the whole tournament, but he did also play by far his best game when it matters the most. So for me it is weird to see people here giving OEL a 4 but Klingberg a 2,5, when it was Klingberg that steped up when it really matters. OEL was very good overall in this tournament, but if Klingberg just repeats in NHL he should be before OEL in the hierarchy.

Did we watch the same tournament? Klingberg is dynamic on the blueline in the offensive zone but he's absolutely nowhere near OEL in any other area.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Did we watch the same tournament? Klingberg is dynamic on the blueline in the offensive zone but he's absolutely nowhere near OEL in any other area.

Klingberg is a for a example a very good skater and a good puck moving d-men, that is skills you probabaly have more use for in the d-zone than at the offensive blueline.

But yes in the group stage I can agree that OEL was a lot better, even if Klingberg was good as well then. But I prefer a player that dominates against russia when it really matters over a player that dominates the same but against france.

Plus Klingberg defensive is very underrated, he saved us serveral times, and sorted out diffcult situations in a good and calm way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad