WC: 2015 — Team Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
yeah with his injury and UFA status I doubt Ehrhoff will come, even though he has usually come. Which is a shame because he's obviously our MVP by miles.

For the national team it was a shame that Buffalo bought him out

Very true. If he decides to stay away this time, even if he had the option to join. I won't blame him. He always answered the call, whenever he had the chance and I would totally understand if he looked out for himself this time.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I wouldn't expect Ehrhoff or Greiss to make it.

Ehrhoff has been injured too often this season, and is indeed still injured right now, so he probably would take the time off for once (which he deserves, he's been there whenever called upon, you really couldn't ask for more from a player).

With Cortina still being the coach, I can't see Greiss getting an invite. He didn't even select him last time around, even though Greiss could have joined the team with some pre-tournament games left. He definately won't select him right at the start of the tournament or even later than that.

With our luck, Grubauer won't be available, Cortina will ignore Greiss and Pielmeier again and choose Zepp as the starter. It really wouldn't surprise me if none of our three best goalies would be on the roster.

One can only hope that he doesn't use his stupid idea of not selecting any champions again, because they wouldn't be mentally fit so shortly after winning the title. Otherwise we would be screwed should Mannheim win the title.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I wouldn't expect Ehrhoff or Greiss to make it.

Ehrhoff has been injured too often this season, and is indeed still injured right now, so he probably would take the time off for once (which he deserves, he's been there whenever called upon, you really couldn't ask for more from a player).

With Cortina still being the coach, I can't see Greiss getting an invite. He didn't even select him last time around, even though Greiss could have joined the team with some pre-tournament games left. He definately won't select him right at the start of the tournament or even later than that.

With our luck, Grubauer won't be available, Cortina will ignore Greiss and Pielmeier again and choose Zepp as the starter. It really wouldn't surprise me if none of our three best goalies would be on the roster.

One can only hope that he doesn't use his stupid idea of not selecting any champions again, because they wouldn't be mentally fit so shortly after winning the title. Otherwise we would be screwed should Mannheim win the title.

God, I hate Cortina so much...

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Cortina is out after this tournament right?

Unless there is a major miracle, it seems like it.
There will be an evaluation after the WHC and from what I heard and read from the people in charge, it seems they want somebody else for the job.

No idea who it will be, though.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Sooo... The Pens are out and the Blues are on the brink.. Could we maybe see Greiss and Goc added to the roster? If Seidenberg would accept his invite, we wouldn't look too bad with Rieder, Greiss, Goc and Seidenberg. Doubt that Ehrhoff will go.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
What the...

I just took a look at today's Denmark-Germany game, and they handed out 5+game for fighting to one player each for pretty much nothing. They didn't even throw away their gloves. What makes things even weirder, is that a similar "fight" a bit earlier only led to 2+2 each. Talk about making a bad call...

Rieder with a really nice assist on the powerplay to tie the game.
And another goal, nice finish to the 2nd period.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Sooo.. Will Goc join the team? Most of the time he followed the call, and we could really use him.

Cortina will talk to both Seidenberg and Goc again, and then we'll have to wait and see.
Unless Goc is not 100% I think he would want to play. He didn't really play that much this season. He was a healthy scratch for several games and when he played, he often had little ice time, so I would imagine he is not necessarily too tired.

So I am hopeful about Goc, but who knows.

Hopefully they make their decisions soon.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Interesting game ahead of us (also our last pre-tourney match), Slo - Ger on wednesday in Berlin. If i see correctly, you won 3:2 last time we met.

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
Just before the playoffs started there was an interview with Goc on sport1.de and he stated that be basically wants to play whenever he can, so I'm very optimistic wrt him unless he picked up a knock. Another welcome side effect is that Thomas Vanek is busy a bit longer

hage

Mar 9, 2011
The players from the DEL finals joined the team now. No word on the remaining NHL players yet

Current roster against Slovenia

G AUS DEN BIRKEN Danny (Kölner Haie)
G ENDRAS Dennis (Adler Mannheim)
G PIELMEIER Timo (ERC Ingolstadt)

D KRUEGER Justin (SC Bern)
D DASCHNER Stephan (Düsseldorfer EG)
D BAXMANN Jens (Eisbären Berlin)
D MEBUS Oliver (Krefeld Pinguine)
D KOHL Benedikt (ERC Ingolstadt)
D KRUPP Björn (Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg)
D GOC Nicolai (Adler Mannheim)
D AKDAG Sinan (Adler Mannheim)
D Müller Moritz (Kölner Haie)

F RIEDER Tobias (Arizona Coyotes)
F WOLF Michael (EHC Red Bull München)
F KINK Marcus (Adler Mannheim)
F HOSPELT Kai (Adler Mannheim)
F OPPENHEIMER Thomas (Hamburg Freezers)
F KRÄMMER Nicolas (Hamburg Freezers)
F PLACHTA Matthias (Adler Mannheim)
F SEIDENBERG Yannic (EHC Red Bull München)
F REIMER Patrick (Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers)
F EHLIZ Yasin (Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers)
F ULLMANN Christoph (Adler Mannheim)
F HAGER Patrick (ERC Ingolstadt)
F PIETTA Daniel (Krefeld Pinguine)
F RAEDEKE Brent (Iserlohn Roosters)

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Good lord, that defense is a nightmare.

Sport1 says that about 20 players are injured or have rejected the invitation. Players who I can think of as missing right now are:

Ehrhoff, Seidenberg, Sulzer, Hördler, Braun, Akdag, Reul, Ankert (+ Holzer, Abeltshauser "playing" in NA) on defense.

Goc, M.Müller, Schütz, Flaake, Rankel, Gogulla, Mauer, Noebels (+ Draisaitl, Wolf in NA) on offense.

I probably missed a few.

Add those who get constantly ignored or have retired because they get ignored and you are probably talking about a whole team that is missing. It doesn't hurt that much on offense, but the difference in quality on defense is enormous. Apart from maybe Krueger, none of the top 8 defenders are there.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Yeah, can't wait for someone like Mebus getting danced out of his jock strap on pretty much every shift.

I'm surprised that Mebus made the team ahead of J.Müller and Ebner.

It's also a real shame that Reul is injured. He was pretty much useless internationally in the past, but he looks like a completely different player this year, much faster and mobile. A player who has the size to keep forwards away from the net while also not being a pylon would be a great thing to have.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Good lord, that defense is a nightmare.

Sport1 says that about 20 players are injured or have rejected the invitation. Players who I can think of as missing right now are:

Ehrhoff, Seidenberg, Sulzer, Hördler, Braun, Akdag, Reul, Ankert (+ Holzer, Abeltshauser "playing" in NA) on defense.

Goc, M.Müller, Schütz, Flaake, Rankel, Gogulla, Mauer, Noebels (+ Draisaitl, Wolf in NA) on offense.

I probably missed a few.

Add those who get constantly ignored or have retired because they get ignored and you are probably talking about a whole team that is missing. It doesn't hurt that much on offense, but the difference in quality on defense is enormous. Apart from maybe Krueger, none of the top 8 defenders are there.

You could add Kühnhackl to the list, who has been playing pretty well for the second part of the season.

Then there is Grubauer who might have been a nice addition in goal. Since Greiss does not exist in the world of Pat Cortina we can leave him off the list.

The only positive I can find looking at that team is that 5-10 years ago, our team would have looked mcuh worse if we had the same number of players missing, so at least the depth for national team players gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad