Mikus/Starosta - Daloga
maybe Chara?

Panik - Kopecky - Gaborik
Reway - Handzus - Nagy
Sykora - Viedensky - Tybor
Surovy - Marcinko - Cehlarik
Lapsansky, Dravecky
maybe Hossa, Tatar, Jurco

Surovy, Marcinko and Dravecky very good defensive players...Sykora,Tybor, Reway very good season in Czech league, Gaborik will not play off NHL...Starosta is injured now...

Last edited:

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Miklik end of the season, as well Bartovic, Hudacek. I would therefore like to give a chance to younger players like Cehlarik, Lapsansky, Tybor, Sykora and more.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
If some teams drop at 1st round, it will make huge difference.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ladislav Nagy - Libor Hudacek - Tomas Zaborsky
Martin Reway - Rastislav Spirko - Richard Panik
Michel Miklík - Michal Handzuš - Marcel Hascak
Marko Dano - Andrej Šťastný - Peter Cehlárik

Michal Sersen - Peter Podhradský
Ivan Baranka - Milan Jurcina
Martin Marinčin - Andrej Meszároš
Martin Gernat - Christián Jaroš

Julius Hudacek
Jan Laco
Jaroslav Janus

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Ladislav Nagy - Libor Hudacek - Tomas Zaborsky
Martin Reway - Rastislav Spirko - Richard Panik
Michel Miklík - Michal Handzuš - Marcel Hascak
Marko Dano - Andrej Šťastný - Peter Cehlárik

Michal Sersen - Peter Podhradský
Ivan Baranka - Milan Jurcina
Martin Marinčin - Andrej Meszároš
Martin Gernat - Christián Jaroš

Julius Hudacek
Jan Laco
Jaroslav Janus

Zaborsky is a little princess, he has already said bye to his national team career. Hudacek plays wing and I personally don´t like his play. Other than that, it looks fine to me, I would like to see Spirko getting a chance in upcoming NT games. And also, given the "depth" at the center position, I think it´s pretty safe to say Viedensky will be included.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Baranka and Starosta is injures...Sekera change to Los Angeles,

Laco
Hudacek

Meszaros - Granak
Marincin - Sersen
J.Mikus - Daloga
Vydareny - Jaros

Reway - Handzus - Nagy
Panik - Dano - Kopecky
Hrivik - Marcinko - Cehlarik
Dravecky, Cingel

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Baranka and Starosta is injures...Sekera change to Los Angeles,

Laco
Hudacek

Meszaros - Granak
Marincin - Sersen
J.Mikus - Daloga
Vydareny - Jaros

Reway - Handzus - Nagy
Panik - Dano - Kopecky
Hrivik - Marcinko - Cehlarik
Dravecky, Cingel

Baranka is not injured anymore.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
How likely is it that Dano gets an invite? He has been quite good for Columbus recently.

GM's words from couple of days ago: "We are going to communicate with Jarmo Kekäläinen about Daňo's possible release. Jarmo is finnish GM, which knows to assess quality of WHC. If they are counting with Marko as an important player for the future, it will be better for him to play in the WHC instead of playing in the AHL."

NasHokej97

Jan 27, 2015
Laco
J.Hudacek

1.Gaborik-Viedensky-Nagy
2.Reway-Dano-Panik
3.Miklik-Kopecky-Sykora
4.Bartovic/Hudaček/Tybor-Hrivik-Dravecký

1.Sekera-(Marincin ?)
2.Meszaros-Sersen
3.Granak-Podhradsky
4.Daloga-Mikus

Reasoning:

J.Laco: Very good goalie, never disappointed. Has been solid all season long. He has been amazing in the past World Championships. Is capable of winning a game for you.

J.Hudacek: Has been his best season of his career. One of the best, if not the best goalies in the SHL. Had very good stats in almost every major categories.

1.line: Its a given Gaborik is on the 1.st line, still a world class player in the NHL. Viedensky is our best center in Europe, he is a big body and has decent skating for his size. Very strong around the net, where he is most affective. He uses his size to his advantage and can out-battle defenders. Nagy is our best winger in Europe. A level above his teammates, very calm, has a great shot and good speed. His only disadvantage could be his size.

2.line: Reway is our great talent, he has amazing hockey IQ and hockey senses. Great hands and good speed. He is a amazing passer and deadly on the PP. Dano plays for the CBJ. He plays with allot of energy. He is seen all over the ice. Very fun player to watch. He likes to shoot and hit. Has good speed and decent hands. Even though not being huge, he has great net front presence. Panik is a big, fast power forward type player. He battles allot, plays PK. He has good hands and a good shot. Could compliment Reways small size. (Would LOVE to see the Reway+Dano connection from the World Juniors)

3.line: I cant really say much about Miklik, since i didn't see him play, but he has the 2nd most points from Slovakians in the KHL. While playing in Slovan, he always seemed to be under the raider, even though producing points. Kopecky is a SLOW big body, he doesn't produce allot in the NHL, but still could be valuable on the PK+ leadership. Sykora put up decent points in the Czech league. He has Amazing hands and a good shot, he is "lanky" and has a good stride. Overall a well rounded player.

4.line: I'm not sure who would be the LW. There are a few candidates, who all have different assets that they can bring. Bartovic is VERY fast, great for counter attacks. Lacks hockey IQ and has shockingly bad hands. Hudacek found his lost form in the KHL. Speedy pesky player with good hands. Tybor is more of a complete player, not just the "run and gun" type. Has very good points in the Czech league. I didn't get to see Hrivik play this year, since he plays in the AHL. Last year he was a nice surprise, one of our better players in the Championship. He has decent stats too. Id take him just because of our "depth" in center ice. Dravecky is a two-way forward who is more of a defense first player, and still puts up good numbers. I really liked him in "nation camps", he played with lost of energy.

1.defense: No question Sekera is on the first paring. Great puck moving defenseman in the NHL with a good shot. Is reliable in defensive zone. Will be the leader of our defense. Marincin is more of a defensive defenseman, doesn't put allot of points in the NHL , but is solid.

2.defense: Meszaros is a offensive minded defenseman. Has a good shot and decent skating. Not the best defensively. He has had a rough season, but in the last few games he started too play better. Sersen is a solid defenseman, who can put up points. Has a very good shot.

3.defense: Granak used to be a elite European defenseman, but since his injury last year he is struggling. He is a well rounded defenseman with puck moving abilities. Podhradsky is a veteran defenseman, solid in the KHL, puts up decent points.

4.defense: Both Daloga and Mikus play in Sparta Prague in the Czech league. They played together all year, both being very solid. Daloga is more of a offensive player, while Mikus is more of a two way defenseman.

Last edited:

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Laco
J.Hudacek

1.Gaborik-Viedensky-Nagy
2.Reway-Dano-Panik
3.Miklik-Kopecky-Sykora
4.Bartovic/Hudaček/Tybor-Hrivik-Dravecký

1.Sekera-(Marincin ?)
2.Meszaros-Sersen
3.Granak-Podhradsky
4.Daloga-Mikus

Reasoning:

J.Laco: Very good goalie, never disappointed. Has been solid all season long. He has been amazing in the past World Championships. Is capable of winning a game for you.

J.Hudacek: Has been his best season of his career. One of the best, if not the best goalies in the SHL. Had very good stats in almost every major categories.

1.line: Its a given Gaborik is on the 1.st line, still a world class player in the NHL. Viedensky is our best center in Europe, he is a big body and has decent skating for his size. Very strong around the net, where he is most affective. He uses his size to his advantage and can out-battle defenders. Nagy is our best winger in Europe. A level above his teammates, very calm, has a great shot and good speed. His only disadvantage could be his size.

2.line: Reway is our great talent, he has amazing hockey IQ and hockey senses. Great hands and good speed. He is a amazing passer and deadly on the PP. Dano plays for the CBJ. He plays with allot of energy. He is seen all over the ice. Very fun player to watch. He likes to shoot and hit. Has good speed and decent hands. Even though not being huge, he has great net front presence. Panik is a big, fast power forward type player. He battles allot, plays PK. He has good hands and a good shot. Could compliment Reways small size. (Would LOVE to see the Reway+Dano connection from the World Juniors)

3.line: I cant really say much about Miklik, since i didn't see him play, but he has the 2nd most points from Slovakians in the KHL. While playing in Slovan, he always seemed to be under the raider, even though producing points. Kopecky is a SLOW big body, he doesn't produce allot in the NHL, but still could be valuable on the PK+ leadership. Sykora put up decent points in the Czech league. He has Amazing hands and a good shot, he is "lanky" and has a good stride. Overall a well rounded player.

4.line: I'm not sure who would be the LW. There are a few candidates, who all have different assets that they can bring. Bartovic is VERY fast, great for counter attacks. Lacks hockey IQ and has shockingly bad hands. Hudacek found his lost form in the KHL. Speedy pesky player with good hands. Tybor is more of a complete player, not just the "run and gun" type. Has very good points in the Czech league. I didn't get to see Hrivik play this year, since he plays in the AHL. Last year he was a nice surprise, one of our better players in the Championship. He has decent stats too. Id take him just because of our "depth" in center ice. Dravecky is a two-way forward who is more of a defense first player, and still puts up good numbers. I really liked him in "nation camps", he played with lost of energy.

1.defense: No question Sekera is on the first paring. Great puck moving defenseman in the NHL with a good shot. Is reliable in defensive zone. Will be the leader of our defense. Marincin is more of a defensive defenseman, doesn't put allot of points in the NHL , but is solid.

2.defense: Meszaros is a offensive minded defenseman. Has a good shot and decent skating. Not the best defensively. He has had a rough season, but in the last few games he started too play better. Sersen is a solid defenseman, who can put up points. Has a very good shot.

3.defense: Granak used to be a elite European defenseman, but since his injury last year he is struggling. He is a well rounded defenseman with puck moving abilities. Podhradsky is a veteran defenseman, solid in the KHL, puts up decent points.

4.defense: Both Daloga and Mikus play in Sparta Prague in the Czech league. They played together all year, both being very solid. Daloga is more of a offensive player, while Mikus is more of a two way defenseman.

Not a bad roster, but the Meszaros-Sersen pairing would be an absolute disaster defensively.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
First camp for Slovakia starts on the 19th of March, the first roster:

Denis Godla (Slovan Bratislava)
Ján Laco (Barys Astana, Kaz.)
Branislav Konrád (Dukla Trenčín)

Ivan Baranka (Slovan Bratislava)
Peter Čerešňák (HC Vítkovice, ČR)
Milan Jurčina (Dinamo Riga, Lot.)
Lukáš Kozák (Slovan Bratislava/Dukla Trenčín)
Peter Podhradský (Lada Togliatti, Rus.)
Michal Sersen (Slovan Bratislava)
Karol Sloboda (Lada Togliatti, Rus.)
Ivan Švarný (Dinamo Minsk, Biel.)

Milan Bartovič (Slovan Bratislava)
Mário Bližňák (HC Plzeň, ČR)
Marcel Haščák (Amur Chabarovsk, Rus.)
Libor Hudáček (Slovan Bratislava)
Michel Miklík (Amur Chabarovsk, Rus.)
Ladislav Nagy (Slovan Bratislava)
Ján Sýkora (HC Plzeň)
Andrej Šťastný (Slovan Bratislava)
Michael Vandas (HC Vítkovice, ČR)
Marek Viedenský (HPK Hämmenlinna, Fín.)

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Hm, no one has Radovan Puliš on his roster? 23-years old forward, best scorer of out Extraliga?

I think he won´t be useful on the 3./4. line and there are plenty of other candidates, who have already proven themselves. He still has time.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Handzus
Viedensky
Marcinko
Hrivik
Cingel or Surovy

Nagy
Miklik
Panik
Reway
Sykora
Tybor
Kopecky
Hudacek
Bartovic

Reway - Handzus - Nagy
Sykory - Viedensky - Panik
Miklik - Hrivik - Kopecky
Hudacek - Marcinko - Tybor
Bartovic,Cingel or Surovy

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Another three players who will join the team this week:

G Samuel baroš HKM Zvolen
F Radovan Puliš HKM Zvolen
F Rastislav Dej HK Mountfield Hradec Králové/CZE

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Both Edmonton and Columbus did the paper transaction of sending Marincin & Dano to the AHL for a moment and then recalling them so that they will be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Slovakia can still negotiate for their release. Especially in the case of Marincin, with 80 NHL games played I think there is no pressing reason to send him to OKC.

St. John's is not going to make the playoffs, so Slovakia will have Peter Budaj if they wish.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Richard Panik, Andrej Meszaros and Tomas Kopecky will be available barring injury.

Possibly Gaborik and Sekera too if LA doesn't make it.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Both Edmonton and Columbus did the paper transaction of sending Marincin & Dano to the AHL for a moment and then recalling them so that they will be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Slovakia can still negotiate for their release. Especially in the case of Marincin, with 80 NHL games played I think there is no pressing reason to send him to OKC.

St. John's is not going to make the playoffs, so Slovakia will have Peter Budaj if they wish.

Vujtek has mentioned that they are not interested in Budaj. And I can't see why they would be given his season.

As for NHLers who might be AHL bound based on experience in the last couple years I somehow doubt the ability of our GM to work it out, so that they can play at the WC instead. However I think that there's still a chance that Dano's Springfield might not even make the play offs, so there's that.

Czech Yourself Pal

Dec 25, 2014
Prague
Maybe we will see Tatar score a couple goals, show off his break dancing skills and have a good time :yo:

But other than that I don't see the Slovaks getting anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad