WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
I know it's early, but it's on home soil and getting a ticket package so kind of excited to see what the team will look like.

I didn't include Drouin or Reinhart, but I did include Ekblad. Who knows..

Petan-McDavid-Lazar
Dal Colle- Horvat- Domi
Perlini-Bennett-Verhaegie
Klimchuk-Gauthier-Ritchie
Carrier/Bleackley

Ekblad-Nurse
Morrissey-Bigras
Theodore-Morin
Heatherington/Mckeown

Fucale
Jarry
Comrie

Not very QMJHL heavy but maybe I'm missing someone. Carry on..

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Canada 2015 WJHC Roster

Looking ahead next year, how will the Team Look:

Some Names off the top of my head

Forwards:
Connor McDavid
Michael Dal Colle
Sam Reinhart
Jared McCann
Sam Bennett
Bo Horvat
Brendan Perlin
Nic Petan
Curtis Lazar
Max Domi
Nick Ritchie
Jonathan Driuin

Aaron Ekblad
Samuel Morin
Shea Theodore
Josh Morrisey
Darnell Nurse
Dillon Heatherington

Zach Fucale
Tristan Jarry
Eric Comrie

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'd like to see Canada bring 40~ players and have a full camp. No more free spots just given out to players who were drafted high. Lazar, Petan, and Morrissey were all unimpressive in my eyes.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I'd like to see Canada bring 40~ players and have a full camp. No more free spots just given out to players who were drafted high. Lazar, Petan, and Morrissey were all unimpressive in my eyes.

I don't see how Lazar doesn't make the team next year, unless he's in the NHL.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I would not re-invite McDavid.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Best overreaction I've seen on HF. No, he didn't play particularly well the last couple days but have you checked his age? Maybe give him another year of development before writing him off for next year's team.

I thought Lazar played well and had the right attitude. Reminds me of Brendan Gallagher when he made TC a few years ago, always having a smile on his face.

I hope for a full camp and for the coach to put together a nice system.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Best overreaction I've seen on HF. No, he didn't play particularly well the last couple days but have you checked his age? Maybe give him another year of development before writing him off for next year's team.

I thought Lazar played well and had the right attitude. Reminds me of Brendan Gallagher when he made TC a few years ago, always having a smile on his face.

I hope for a full camp and for the coach to put together a nice system.

What merit would make you automatically put his name for next year? I think you're even more laughable; he was forgettable this year, even moreso than other players on this forgettable Canadian team.

"He has potential!", "A generational talent!"

Didn't show any of that; unless he does, why invite him? Waste of a spot.

Potential is useless unless you actually utilize it.

neutral*

Baptiste, Domi, Shinkaruk, etc. Needs more speedy skilled players. Too many grinders. Need to get them off the team if Canada wants a chance.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
What merit would make you automatically put his name for next year? I think you're even more laughable; he was forgettable this year, even moreso than other players on this forgettable Canadian team.

Has the thought of Sutter making McDavid so scared that he couldn't play his game ever go through your mind?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Reinhart, Horvat, Ekblad and domi will most likely make the NHL teams.

WhiteLight*

:facepalm:

And what makes you think he won't ''utilize'' it, or improve his game in the next year?

Do you realize he's 16 years old? Do you realize how physically and mentally immature he still is?

You = fail

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
And?

No it hasn't; and why should it? If you get scared so easily, how the hell are you going to succeed in life later on?

You're an idiot if you don't think his age matters. No ones saying he should get a free spot, but he'll 100% be back and 100% be better BECAUSE he's so young. He's developed between last year and this year and has been doing better as his season progressed.

Coming down on a 16 year old like you are is ****ing pathetic

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

I'm sorry, but are you putting words in my mouth?

Maybe give him another year of development before writing him off for next year's team.

A 16 year old kid playing against a bunch of older kids, not just any older kids but the best in the world in this age group. That's the thing about potential, especially at this age... potential means they could become great but not necessarily that they are great yet. The upcoming calendar year could be big for his skill potential and for his size potential.

I'm saying, don't write the kid off because he's a young kid playing against guys 2-3 years older.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coramoor

Aug 8, 2011
McDavid has 4 points, which is more than any other 16 year old except Crosby and Gretzky. I think he got worse overtime because of Sutter personally and I don't think Sutter worked as the coach of this team. With another full year the notion that he won't make this team is ****ing laughable

Last edited by a moderator:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009

:laugh: ... The kid is 16. Should he have made this years team? Probably not, altough he did show some good flashes I much rather have had Domi this year. But he definitely won't be the same player he is this year a year from now. He will make it next year

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Looking ahead next year, how will the Team Look:

Some Names off the top of my head

Forwards:
Connor McDavid
Michael Dal Colle
Sam Reinhart
Jared McCann
Sam Bennett
Bo Horvat
Brendan Perlin
Nic Petan
Curtis Lazar
Max Domi
Nick Ritchie
Jonathan Driuin

Aaron Ekblad
Samuel Morin
Shea Theodore
Josh Morrisey
Darnell Nurse
Dillon Heatherington

Zach Fucale
Tristan Jarry
Eric Comrie

Bolded are probably better than 5050 to be in the NHL I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad