Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I know but those people are more helpful when it comes to this.

By my count(this was much easier when extra skater was around), he had about 55% CF in 43.23 minutes of 5v5 ice time. The only player on the Avs that was over 50%.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I wonder who's this is? My guess is Harding, since Kuemps is holding out and Backs wears Vaughn masks. But Dave also posted about Kuemper a few weeks ago.

xSWghBB.jpg

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Harding's masks tend to have a larger meaning behind them (Cancer awareness, honoring his mother). Backstrom's masks tend to focus on animals and wildlife (I believe his previous masks had eagles, bears, and wolves prominently featured). Going to guess this is either Backstrom's or Kuemper's mask.

Last edited:

J22*

My guess would be that it's for Kuemper. Harding has had his masks done by Todd Miska for a while now and the have always been great. Don't see why he would change to Daveart. Backstrom used a Vaughn mask last year but the majority of his masks have been Itech/Bauer, but I don't think I have ever seen him with anything but a white cage. Kuemper used a chrome cage last year.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Last edited:

tsmbain

Jun 6, 2010
Let's not overlook the liability on the ice issue either.

When Heater was out there I had to cover my eyes much of the time...

How may giveaways would he frequently have?

How many times did he have the puck and try to dangle through one or even two defenseman only to lose the puck?

If we were in our zone just how effective was he really? I swear the other teams coaches tried to exploit this as often as possible.....

Not game 7 against Colorado. His play and pass started the rush that became the game and series ending goal! His line was on the ice for at least 4 of the 5 goals we scored that game.

I will miss him if he would have taken a 1 year 1M contract with the Wild,

Last edited:

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Not game 7 against Colorado. His play and pass started the rush that became the game and series ending goal! His line was on the ice for at least 4 of the 5 goals we scored that game.

I will miss him if he would have taken a 1 year 1M contract with the Wild,

One game does not a season make. No matter how great that game. Especially for his cap hit.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
He pained Kuemper's on August 6th so he's either doing Backstrom's way later or this is just a delayed sighting.

I thought Backstrom played with Bauer masks. Guess not always.

Backstrom's 12-13 Bauer mask:

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2012/9/14/3332292/niklas-backstrom-josh-harding-have-new-masks

Backstrom's 13-14 Vaughn mask:

http://ilovegoalies.blogspot.com/2013/10/niklas-backstrom-2013-14-mask.html

I guess the goalie guild pads tracker let me down for this last year.

Backstrom002.jpg

Goalie guild has a Backs with a Bauer mask now. Is that recent? I know that he had pads like this in a couple of his last games last year, but this picture shows V6 leg pads which the Vaughn sponsored guys are mainly wearing next season.

Edit: Im tired and now I get what your saying.. also noticed that 13-14 haha.

Billy Mays Here*

Well, I'm just gonna take that as a sign that he fully intends to be playing here this season, not that any of us likely felt we'd be getting rid of him just because of some hard negotiations anyway.

Laredo

Feb 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Gah such a sick mask. Up until a few weeks ago I thought for sure our G's would be Kemps/Bryz but now hearing the news about Harding and still having Backs on the roster has me wondering who we will play.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Awesome mask.

Also, Todd Miska does the art for both Harding and Backstrom. Excited to see what he will have for them this year, Harding had a great mask last year.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Harding's masks are consistently some of the league's best. I also like Hiller's, Miller's, and Scott Clemmensen's.

tsmbain

Jun 6, 2010
One game does not a season make. No matter how great that game. Especially for his cap hit.

He did not "only" have 1 good game. I just listed his best game.

And I was only ok with him coming back for a cap hit of 1M or less at 1 year. That is practically league Mimimum.

He is going to have a good year this year. You wait and see!

This coming season everyone will say he had a great season "especially for his cap hit!"

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
He did not "only" have 1 good game. I just listed his best game.

And I was only ok with him coming back for a cap hit of 1M or less at 1 year. That is practically league Mimimum.

He is going to have a good year this year. You wait and see!

This coming season everyone will say he had a great season "especially for his cap hit!"

Ha. Okay. Enough of the kool aid. But you'll have to define good. 15 goals? 20? 20 isn't happening unless he is playing with Perry and Getzlaf.

And that game was half of his playoff production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad