Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (September 12th - 16th)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
6-2 and it's only been two periods. I wouldn't mind Dallas getting another few goals in the third

MetalGodAOD*

Honka is sure turning heads this tourney. Amazing he's not even draft year +1 yet.

Primetimey*

Let Honka develop his defensive game another year or two and he is going to be a great player. (If he can get his defensive game up to snuff).

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What Im really loving is how Honka is showing his true PP speciality. Normally thats something that people just tack on to descriptions of offensive defensemen, but it seems like he is really good at it. :yo:

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Gemel Smith (co-leader in points)
3 GP
1 G
4 A
5 P

Matej Stransky
2 GP
3 G
1 A
4 P

Radek Faksa
3 GP
1 G
3 A
4 P

Jason Dickinson
3 GP
2 G
1 A
3 P

Julius Honka
3 GP
1 G
2 A
3 P

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
aww dang, I'm sorry to have missed this. Sounded like a fun game to listen to.

Columbus seems to have a pretty good team, and it's always tough to say which of the two groups was stronger. I like the Stars' chances if they keep the championship game at even strength. Despite the power play success today, the Stars have done best in this tournament when the special teams play is at a minimum.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
What Im really loving is how Honka is showing his true PP speciality. Normally thats something that people just tack on to descriptions of offensive defensemen, but it seems like he is really good at it. :yo:

In time Honka will prove to be a more impactful Dman than Hayden Fleury. We made an EXCELLENT pick at 14. Believe! :yo:

Time will tell if he turn out to be a better pick than Fabbri or Barbashev, but I'm pretty pleased with how he looks so far. I don't think he takes that long to make it to the NHL.

On a side note, if the Stars organization can win both the Calder Cup and the Traverse City Tourney this year, it absolutely validate of the depth of our farm system that we have all been oggling over. :)

Great time to be a Stars fan!

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Honka is making me eat crow and I do not care

I'll cheers to to that. Optimistically, if he continues to impress at training camp and during this season(where ever he plays), do you think he gets an NHL stint either this season (due to injury...not out of camp) or next?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Impressive without Ritchie that they're still steamrolling. All aboard the Stransky train.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Pronman mentioned that McDonnell believe Honka can be an effective puck rush, puck mover, and trigger man ... essentially the total package you could be as an offensive defender.

His hype train is almost at full steam like Klingberg's.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Impressive without Ritchie that they're still steamrolling. All aboard the Stransky train.

Stransky is probably the guy who benefits the most from this tournament. He's clearly winning Laxdal over, and his performance here could have a huge impact on how how Laxdal uses him moving forward.

That said, it'll be interesting/ridiculous to see how Laxdal uses everyone once they start flooding in at the end of the year. This group of guys joining Texas late could make an even bigger impact than Faksa did for last year's team. Laxdal specifically mentioned the group of future AHL callups as well.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Pronman mentioned that McDonnell believe Honka can be an effective puck rush, puck mover, and trigger man ... essentially the total package you could be as an offensive defender.

His hype train is almost at full steam like Klingberg's.

I'm higher on Honka right now than on Klinger...not taking anything away from him, but it's hard to not be impressed with how the 18 year old has looked. Don't get me wrong, I'm high on them both, but I have more of a "wait and see" outlook on Klingberg because of his injuries and lack of experience in NA.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Stransky is probably the guy who benefits the most from this tournament. He's clearly winning Laxdal over, and his performance here could have a huge impact on how how Laxdal uses him moving forward.

That said, it'll be interesting/ridiculous to see how Laxdal uses everyone once they start flooding in at the end of the year. This group of guys joining Texas late could make an even bigger impact than Faksa did for last year's team. Laxdal specifically mentioned the group of future AHL callups as well.
Yeah, there will of course be a lot of competition in Cedar Park but I'm guessing the Faksa/Stransky combo is going to see a lot of ice and be major contributors this season. They play both ends of the rink, they almost constantly control the puck, they're dangerous and shifty offensively... hard to see any coach not loving that. This time though is very valuable for guys to make an impression who are going to be in CP under Laxdal and it seems like they're making the most of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad