Game Analysis: 2014 Training Camp Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't think the players like Miller. We know he has a short fuse, and he has shown some bad attitude. He really needs to do something about that, or his NHL career may become a short one.

To be honest, I don't like Miller either, have yet to see a smile on his face. But hopefully this will change.

You have absolutely nothing to base this off of.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
I don't think the players like Miller. We know he has a short fuse, and he has shown some bad attitude. He really needs to do something about that, or his NHL career may become a short one.

To be honest, I don't like Miller either, have yet to see a smile on his face. But hopefully this will change.

I heard plenty of times from plenty of places that no one liked Dubinsky either

these are professional atheletes, not boy scouts, they dont have to like each other

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Jt just always looked like a hot head ****** bag... Not sugar coating it.

Hopefully once the season starts he uses tht anger against the other teams and not his own teammates

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That's who JT reminds me of Dubinsky same brash cocky attitude rubbed some teammates the wrong way for sure but that was who he was and that's how he plays the game

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
If this is literally anyone else, nobody bats an eye.

Dubinsky had at least one or two scuffles during past NYR camps. Some players are just wired that way.

Miller's already shown signs of maturing in his preparation for the season and great camp. Tempers flare at camp, so unless a pattern starts to emerge, this doesn't bother me one bit.

ya im with ya.

i hope its nothing. i like the kids fire and passion and all. hes got talent.

he just comes off as kind of a doosh really. msl is not the guy to start stuff with. i mean dudes a grey beard.... :laugh:

having played hockey since i was a kid, plus put a son through hockey up to junior b level and coached hockey as well and personally played lacrosse plus 4 years in college, i know that your teammates are your family and even families fight, but you also want to be liked and respected. this is a close bunch, like most teams, and jt miller needs to settle down and find his place.

this isnt the first time stuff like this has surfaced and again, hes been called out before.

time to control that temper bro.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
That's who JT reminds me of Dubinsky same brash cocky attitude rubbed some teammates the wrong way for sure but that was who he was and that's how he plays the game

yup. and doobie was called "inmature".

everyone grows up eventually.

hope he doesnt wear out his welcome before that happens.

Wolfy*

I heard plenty of times from plenty of places that no one liked Dubinsky either

these are professional atheletes, not boy scouts, they dont have to like each other

lol...I think it would help if they did when it comes to chemistry, and the atmosphere in the locker room.

AHB*

So it's confirmed that AV has eyes and they work. Fast has been phenomenal. Not rookie-like at all, just a vet going about his business. Those who DVRed some of his preseason games, watch how he plays when the opposing team has the puck. So cool, calm and collected, able to get in the right position using his smart and speed.

Yup, extremely smart player. If he can add offense to his game, he will be a major asset to this team moving forward. I have faith he can.

Thursday lineups Imo

Krieder brass zucc
Duke miller nash
Haglin msl fast
Glass/step Moore malone

Hayes sits with injury.

Uhh no way Malone plays instead of Stempniak. Not even a remote question.

I'd be happy with this makes the most sense too

100% want to see those lines on opening night.

You don't like a guy because you haven't seen him smile? WTF. Unless you're hanging out with him, that is such a ridiculous statement for someone who only sees players on the ice or in brief interviews.

On top of that, there is absolutely no proof that the players don't like Miller. We have one bad quote from AV, which wasn't even that bad and this little tiff with MSL, which is being blown absurdly out or proportion by a horrible beat writer and a Rangers blogger.

Just hearing me put that in words should explain how ridiculous the overreaction is on here.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just listened to AV's interview sounds like Hayes made the team but is just hurt and that's the hold up with mueller.

But also sounds like he feels like he wants to go with MSL as his center which would put Hayes in the pressbox so that doesn't work for us he needs to play. Much rather keep mueller as the spare if anything

SupersonicMonkey*

Duclair - D.Moore - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - St. Louis
- Hayes -

Stempniak, Fast, Glass, Malone the "4th line" wings.

Was Crabb assigned to Hartford?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
His biggest thing is he's going to need to show he can contribute offensively too. Doesn't have to score much but when he gets chances he's got to make something happen

I like fast he's a pros pro type of kid that would play for the red wings or something. But he'll have to score some this year.

Wolfy*

You don't like a guy because you haven't seen him smile? WTF. Unless you're hanging out with him, that is such a ridiculous statement for someone who only sees players on the ice or in brief interviews.

On top of that, there is absolutely no proof that the players don't like Miller. We have one bad quote from AV, which wasn't even that bad and this little tiff with MSL, which is being blown absurdly out or proportion by a horrible beat writer and a Rangers blogger.

Just hearing me put that in words should explain how ridiculous the overreaction is on here.

To feed you using a teaspoon...Miller always looks and sounds pissed on camera, that's enough for me.

And that quote from AV last season was pretty serious, the next day Miller was sent to Hartford...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
His biggest thing is he's going to need to show he can contribute offensively too. Doesn't have to score much but when he gets chances he's got to make something happen

I like fast he's a pros pro type of kid that would play for the red wings or something. But he'll have to score some this year.

I don't think 10-12 goals is out of the realm of possibility. He knows where to go in order to score goals.

SupersonicMonkey*

Really don't like St. Louis in the middle.

Other than him going to be a liability on faceoffs, it screws with wing depth, and i like him being higher in the D zone, getting quick passes from our D on the transition and him leading the rush.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
To feed you using a teaspoon...Miller always looks and sounds pissed on camera, that's enough for me.

And that quote from AV last season was pretty serious, the next day Miller was sent to Hartford...

I haven't seen you post much positive about players besides Zucc

Also wasn't he recalled within a week of that incident

SupersonicMonkey*

Can Hayes not be sent down while injured?

Otherwise, why would they keep him on the roster and not play him?

SupersonicMonkey*

This Miller crap reminds me of the Kreider crap.

"He stayed at BC because of a girl". "He only wants to be a Bruin". "He doesn't take hockey seriously".

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I haven't seen you post much positive about players besides Zucc

Also wasn't he recalled within a week of that incident

Yuup and publically praised him that had he not hurt his shoulder, he would have played the rest of the Playoffs.

The Miller issue is so overblown.

And to be honest, if I was in his shoes and felt like that little **** MSL went a bit overboard physically with me, I'd give him a shot to dome as well.

The last time the Rangers ran a guy out of town because of a poor attitude, he went on to post a hell of a career before dealing with concussion issues.

Lets not be so quick to want to move a guy cause he's a bit prickish.

And not that Miller is some god like prospect, but I sure as **** ain't moving a 20 year old player with 2nd line upside to appease a 38 year old player with a foot out the door.

Screw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad