OT: 2014 Sochi Olympics Team Canada Announcement Tuesday on TSN

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Hockey Canada is announcing its men's team for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games on Tuesday. You can catch full coverage live on TSN, TSN Radio and TSN.ca at 10am et/7am pt.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Good thing I dont got class till 2 on Tuesdays, I'll get to watch this.

Edit: Theres no ****ing way that Rick Nash should be on this team, please leave him off. If hes there instead of someone like Benn then thats a joke.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bernier as the #3 would be interesting if Luongo is injured long-term. He's been great.

He deserves to be in the conversation.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Yea i wish Bernier would get in but it's not going to happen. I also agree that Rick Nash should NOT make this team.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Rick Nash is such a joke and is a figment of Canada's over-bearing media bias to Canadian power forward type players WIF LEADERSHIP.

Kunitz, Benn, Seguin, Hall, and many more deserve to go over him.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
i agree with the people and analysts saying that a younger goalie like bernier should be chosen as the 3rd goalie, lets face it they arent going to get any playing time so why not go with someone who will be around come 2018 & 2022 to give them experience?

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Rick Nash is such a joke and is a figment of Canada's over-bearing media bias to Canadian power forward type players WIF LEADERSHIP.

I have a hard time leaving Eric Staal off the team.

And I'd take Eberle even before I'd take Nash and Hall too.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I have a hard time leaving Eric Staal off the team.

And I'd take Eberle even before I'd take Nash and Hall too.

Nash has previous gold medal winning experience being a part of past successful teams. Perhaps that is a major contributing factor?

I personally would leave him off myself as there are more deserving players available however the experience factor can't be denied might come in handy at some point.

He had 2-3-5 points in 7 games at the last Olympics.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Nash has previous gold medal winning experience being a part of past successful teams. Perhaps that is a major contributing factor?

I personally would leave him off myself as there are more deserving players available however the experience factor can't be denied might come in handy at some point.

He had 2-3-5 points in 7 games at the last Olympics.
This is where i have a problem with hockey Canada sometimes. I feel they put way to much into "intangibles". I feel like someone can do Nash's job a lot better, he has not been playing good this season at all.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Id guess Harding would get the go if Luongo isn't capable

That would be fine by me. I'd rather Bernier get rest and stick around here instead of going to sit in the stands in Russia.

Phaneuf is the same thing. I honestly think he should be considered as a #8 defenseman but I'd rather him get some rest for the last push.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Any reason Stamkos is on TSN's list?

Is he actually going to play?

As per the team rules they can name him to the team and replace him if he isn't able to attend due to injury.

Better than leaving him off and then not being able to use him if he is ready.

There is no risk for Canada here by naming him now as it gives them the most options thereafter.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Well they did have a heavy role in voting for the Norris last year and we know how that turned out. So Rick Nash on the team? Sure why not... :shakehead

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Wouldn't mind seeing Carter make the team. The guy scores goals like few can.

Who I take off for him though, I don't know, everyone is so good :laugh:

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
we should be ghetto and add a guy like boland to the team, that way when he isnt deemed healthy enough to play we can also add another last minute addition, it seems perfectly legit as he is expected to come back soon

As much as I loved Bolland's play this year, he better not make Team Canada.

There is just too much talent in Canadian roster for Bolland to crack the line-up. If he does make it, Steve Yzerman should get fired immediately lol

Also, I can't believe Dion is not even in the discussion when TSN thinks Dan Boyle will make the line-up. I guess Yzerman is not a big fan of Dion.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

There is just too much talent in Canadian roster for Bolland to crack the line-up. If he does make it, Steve Yzerman should get fired immediately lol

Also, I can't believe Dion is not even in the discussion when TSN thinks Dan Boyle will make the line-up. I guess Yzerman is not a big fan of Dion.

Looks like they have JBO as a lock and Dion is not even mentioned, hrmmmm.:naughty:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Be interesting to see if he received any consideration at all.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Isnt Luongo out again with some other undisclosed injury? I'd really love to see Bernier (or Reimer) given an opportunity to represent their country...of course, thats just wishful thinking but it'd be pretty sick :D

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I'd imagine that Crawford, Holtby, Harding, even Fleury would get a shot before Bernier or Reimer.

But if Lou can't go and we are rolling with Price and Smith then I am worried.

Feb 24, 2004
In terms of line combinations, what's the harm in rolling Crosby, Tavares, Stamkos? Just put the fear of *** into other teams....

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Switzerland has announced its 25-man roster for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Russia.

The complete list is as follows:

Goalies: Reto Berra, Jonas Hiller, Tobias Stephan.

Defenseman: Severin Blindenbacher, Raphael Diaz, Philippe Furrer, Roman Josi, Mathias Seger, Mark Streit, Julien Vauclair, Yannick Weber.

Forwards: Andres Ambuhl, Matthias Bieber, Simon Bodenmann, Damien Brunner, Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, Ryan Gardner, Denis Hollenstein, Simon Moser, Nino Niederreiter, Martin Pluss, Kevin Romy, Reto Suri, Morris Trachsler, Roman Wick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad