OT: 2014 Redskins Part V (4-11-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know it's not a need, but I'd be ok taking Amari Cooper. He is going to rival Megatron in my opinion. I've never seen anyone play the WR position like him. He's going to be unreal.

(Sorry, Amari, you will now be a bust. I've mushed you.)

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The Redskins need talented players, preferably large ones - very large ones. They are often called front seven and offensive linemen. However, you don't pass on the Adrian Peterson's of the world regardless of position if they are sitting there staring you in the face at 6 overall. A fantanstic WR does a whole hell of a lot more for you than some mediocre OT. We need good players - lots of them, regardless of position. Dallas' incredible OL wouldn't look nearly as nice without Romo, Murray and Bryant and vice versa.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I know it's not a need, but I'd be ok taking Amari Cooper. He is going to rival Megatron in my opinion. I've never seen anyone play the WR position like him. He's going to be unreal.

(Sorry, Amari, you will now be a bust. I've mushed you.)

Cooper will be a stud.

I'd stay away from Collins. He's Landry 2.0.

If Gregory or Schierff (sp?) grade out as elite I think that's the move.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wonder what the Skins will do with that first round pick. What would be the most Skinsy thing? Another QB?! LOL

We won't risk trying to address QB concerns, we will play it safe and reach on an undersized corner. And then toss out there a projection to safety that of course will never happen because he will struggle to get on the field.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
The Crows don't win without Boldin's performance in that game. It's a hell of a lot easier to be QB when you have a receiver who can win every battle even in double coverage.

And sure, Wilson is a good QB. But let's not use wins to assess that. Wins are a team stat.

Edit: Oh, and I seem to recall Baltimore's defense holding pretty damned strong until the power outage screwed everyone's rhythm up.

You happen to looks at Flacco's playoff stats? 95+ QB rating in each of his last 6 playoff games, including 100+ rating every game of the Super Bowl run. The guy has flaws, but he's been money in the recent postseason. That's not because of one good (but not great) WR.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
On the draft, if you're staying with RG3, take a pass rusher or trade down. Neither of Scherff (probably an OG) or Ogbuehi (probably a RT) profiles as a LT and Cooper drops too many balls to be a luxury pick, so the value's not there at those positions.

Moving down to the 10-12 range probably nabs you one of Landon Collins, Scherff, or Ogbuehi and adds a 3rd and 4th (maybe more if Winston is on the board).

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Rick Snider ‏@Snide_Remarks
If Snyder wants to fire Haslett, he'll do it without Gruden's consent. It happens, but I'm thinking Haz stays.

If he does, I'm done.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Rick Snider ‏@Snide_Remarks
If Snyder wants to fire Haslett, he'll do it without Gruden's consent. It happens, but I'm thinking Haz stays.

If he does, I'm done.

Snider is awful and only writes/posts his opinion with nothing substantial to back it up. He wrote an article saying there's no way RGIII will be back next year and two weeks later wrote more garbage on how Gruden/Griffin need each other. He is a hack.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/redskins-rg3-limited-sprained-shoulder-180906370--nfl.html

Griffin appeared to be throwing normally during the portion of the workout open to reporters, but coach Jay Gruden said the shoulder has some ''lingering soreness.''

''It needs to get better,'' Gruden said. ''I don't think it's a serious deal, but if it affects his throwing, then it could be an issue.''

RG3 dealing with sprained throwing shoulder, supposedly. A little gamesmanship ahead of the Cowboys matchup, maybe?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Speaking of CB-to-S, Amerson should be converted to a safety.

Amerson could make a good FS, but it was said earlier this season, by Keim I think on 980, that Breeland was/is scheduled to be moved to Safety at some point. That he is better suited at Safety. I can see that, but I also think he has proven he could be a very good/physical CB if he develops properly. He performance against Bryant in the 1st DAL game a prime example.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Way didn't make it in? Damn, he was our true MVP.

Popularity contest. Tamba Hali took his spot with half the sacks (6.0 sacks) of Kerrigan. Never mind caused fumbles.

Hali:
TCKL - 57 SCK - 6.0 FF - 3 INT--

Kerrigan:
TCKL - 62 SCK - 13.5 FF - 5 INT --

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Why wouldn't it? We've seen McCoy and Griffin get 2nd chances with sub-standard results. Why not see the 1 QB who actually ran Gruden's offense properly get 1 more chance?

Couse nobody likes Gruden or his damn offense. :sarcasm:

No but really if Griffin is unable to play of course Cousins should have his (last) chance, like you said he has been good here until he drove his head trough a concrete wall and became a turnover machine but maybe that is fixed now (the head).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I would like to see Kirk one last time this season. He has been stewing on the bench for a while now. Would be interesting to see how he responds.

I would think he responds by throwing many interceptions before collapsing in the 4th quarter, much like most of his games.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I would think he responds by throwing many interceptions before collapsing in the 4th quarter, much like most of his games.

And yet he has better passing stats this season than Griffin with 2 less games.

My point is neither of the 3 QB's have distinguished themselves. 2 have had 2nd chances to show what they have. Why not give the 1 QB who can throw down field a 2nd chance to see if he was able to remove his head from the sulking position?

Cousins:

http://www.nfl.com/player/kirkcousins/2532820/careerstats

Griffin:

http://www.nfl.com/player/robertgriffiniii/2533033/careerstats

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad