OT: 2014 Redskins Part V (4-11-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Luck leads the league in passing yards by almost 300. He leads the league in yds/game. He's 4th in the league in QB rating. 5th in completions, 2nd behind Manning in touchdowns and has just 2 more picks than Peyton.

Sucks? Not elite? What am I missing?

Yeah I don't get it either. The guy is a very good QB who can/will develop into a great QB.

Maybe Spicoli can elaborate more on why Luck sucks so bad.

rrmde9.jpg

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Luck is good, but he has a bit of Favre in him. He forces a lot of throws.

Favre became a HOF QB when he matured as a player and cut down on some of those forced throws. The same is more than possible for Luck. The guy is only 25 years old after all.

Having said all that, not sure why we are discussing Luck in this thread. Its clear the Skins got the Ryan Leaf side of the 2012 draft in Griffin at this point. Talking about Luck does nothing but rub copious amounts of salt in that open/festering wound.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Luck is good, but he has a bit of Favre in him. He forces a lot of throws.

Who are Luck's RBs? What kind of a running game has Indy had in the last, what, 10 years since James was their 1RB? He has no choice but to throw the ball. Hell, they were so desperate they traded big value for Trent Richardson!

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
In-actives out. Biggest blow to the Skins chances at a win is no Keenan Robinson on defense.

Also, according to 980 traffic person, no traffic issues heading to FedEx. I thought about looking for a set of cheap lower bowl seats, but I couldn't bring myself to actually search. Attending the game would be basically a show of support of how Snyder runs the team, IMO. Can't do that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Inactives out. Biggest blow to the Skins chances at a win is no Keenan Robinson on defense.

Also, according to 980 traffic person, no traffic issues heading to FedEx.

Robinson out just adds to the injury excuse for Haslett. I have a feeling we'll see him again next year if Gruden somehow returns.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Also, Thom Loverro had a sobering commentary on 980, calling this The Trade Bowl.

Rams ultimately got 8 draft picks for the 1 pick to pick Griffin. Out of those 8 picks, 5 are starters, 1 is a solid back up and 2 washed out. They got 5 starters for the Skins backup QB.

That trade is so lopsided in favor of the Rams I now feel the Skins need to keep Griffin around no matter what next season, despite my personal feelings, for one last shot at making something, anything, out of that pick. Make Griffin earn everything he gets though. If he never earns the starting spot again so be it, but the Skins need to make one last, desperate, attempt to develop Griffin into a starter. At least.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Also, Thom Loverro had a sobering commentary on 980, calling this The Trade Bowl.

Rams ultimately got 8 draft picks for the 1 pick to pick Griffin. Out of those 8 picks, 5 are starters, 1 is a solid back up and 2 washed out. They got 5 starters for the Skins backup QB.

That trade is so lopsided in favor of the Rams I now feel the Skins need to keep Griffin around no matter what next season for one last shot at making something, anything, out of that pick. Make Griffin earn everything he gets though. If he never earns the starting spot again so be it, but the Skins need to make one last, desperate, attempt to develop Griffin into a starter. At least.

Three years after the trade, both teams are in last place. The Rams may have 5 starters, but none of them are franchise players. Neither team has a quarterback. Jenkins, Brockers, Bailey, and Olgetree are all average players. Too soon to tell on Robinson.

There was a piece on the Rams at the draft and their motto -- written in their war room -- was, "dominate using the Redskins picks." They've decidedly not accomplished that goal. The Rams should be far better than they are with the haul they got.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Who are Luck's RBs? What kind of a running game has Indy had in the last, what, 10 years since James was their 1RB? He has no choice but to throw the ball. Hell, they were so desperate they traded big value for Trent Richardson!

Before last year, could you have named Rodgers' RBs as well? Yet he has an insane TD to Int ratio.

Understand that Luck hasn't had a solid run game. Still doesn't take away from the fact that he force a **** ton of throws. Just something I noticed about his game. Not saying he sucks or anything.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Robinson out just adds to the injury excuse for Haslett. I have a feeling we'll see him again next year if Gruden somehow returns.

I can see the Haslett excuse angle, but I don't think he returns next season. Someone needs to be sacrificed after a 4-12 season (really don't see another win for the Skins, but I hold out hope for a sweep of the Crackboys). Heck I can't see a reason why the entire defensive staff isn't fired. That side of the ball needs a complete rebuild, fresh start with a new defensive philosophy.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Three years after the trade, both teams are in last place. The Rams may have 5 starters, but none of them are franchise players. Neither team has a quarterback. Jenkins, Brockers, Bailey, and Olgetree are all average players. Too soon to tell on Robinson.

There was a piece on the Rams at the draft and their motto -- written in their war room -- was, "dominate using the Redskins picks." They've decidedly not accomplished that goal. The Rams should be far better than they are with the haul they got.

Thats all great, but there is one fact that is clear, the Rams are clearly the better team on the field, and organization as a whole.

The Skins would kill for those 5 starting players right now. Franchise level or not.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Before last year, could you have named Rodgers' RBs as well? Yet he has an insane TD to Int ratio.

Understand that Luck hasn't had a solid run game. Still doesn't take away from the fact that he force a **** ton of throws. Just something I noticed about his game. Not saying he sucks or anything.

Anyone on this board, that is a Skins fan, wouldn't want Luck as their starting QB right now?

Sure its possible the dysfunctional culture at Redskins Park could of suppressed Luck's potential, but I think Luck would of overcome all that BS and succeeded regardless. He reminds me of Peyton Manning, in more ways than one.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

How long has Rodgers been in the league? Remember he sat out his first couple of years under Favre. Luck hit the ground running. Hard.

If the knock on Luck is "he isn't yet as good as Aaron Rodgers" then that's kind of weak criticism.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Dan Steinberg @dcsportsbog

Fletcher on Haz: "Jay Gruden better get him out the door, because he's probably backstabbing Jay Gruden like he did everybody else"

London Fletcher on Haz: "Mike Shanahan recognized early that this guy does not know what he's doing."

London Fletcher on Jim Haslett: "He's clueless as a defensive coordinator." Good lord.

Danny @recordsANDradio · 16m 16 minutes ago

Fletcher on Haslett: "he would take the 85 Bears and turn them into a mediocre Defense"

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Fletcher on Haslett: "he would take the 85 Bears and turn them into a mediocre Defense"

Hahahaha love it. If anyone has a right to lay down some credible criticism, it's Fletcher.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Holy Crap!

Now we know why Shanahan had Haslett in "shackles" during Shanahan's tenure.

Having said that, Shanahan hired Haslett in the 1st place. If Shanahan thought Haslett was clueless why not fire him as soon as possible after coming to that conclusion?

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Holy Crap!
Having said that, Shanahan hired Haslett in the 1st place. If Shanahan thought Haslett was clueless why not fire him as soon as possible after coming to that conclusion?

Shanny got paid this year even though he's not coaching, same deal with Has? If so, might not have been his call

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Ohio State got the 4th spot in the college playoff. Wow.

I felt Baylor deserved that 4th spot, but OSU did completely dominate a good Wisc. team in the Big10 Championship.

*Hijack over*

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Shanny got paid this year even though he's not coaching, same deal with Has? If so, might not have been his call

Excellent point.

Yes that is a very real possibility with Snyder involved. Shanahan, I would hope, probably wanted to fire Haslett but Snyder said no because he didn't want to pay Haslett for not working.

Maybe the 1st significant crack in the Snyder/Shanahan relationship. A lot of maybe in that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad