OT: 2014 REDSKINS - Part IV - Are you not entertained? (3-9-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
If you want to get really mad at someone today get mad at Haslett. Don't get mad at Gruden, this team gave a **** today. Don't get mad at McVay, the coordinating was **** early but improved later on. You can single out the 2 4th down plays but other than that, the playcalling has largely been solid. I mean, they were able to advance the ball downfield without problem to the 1. That's progress from the incompetence in the first quarter.

Sep 19, 2008
They have no problem moving the ball into the red zone but then choke up and call a deep ball on 3rd and 2 :laugh:

Gash it up the middle. Throw a short play for 3 yards. I'm just a Madden offensive coordinator and even I know this :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hard to believe Jackson was so aloof on Philly. He could've just stayed in back but elected to join his teammates.

Looked too gimpy to play though

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Is there a reason Haslett doesn't allow DBs to jam receivers? You know, when you have s lousy pass rush? Thomas was supposed to pick that up clearly and apparently didn't know. Falls squarely on Haslett.

Sep 19, 2008
I saw Colts receivers break free at least 3 times today, without a Redskins defender within 30 miles of them. That should not ****ing happen in this league.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I saw Colts receivers break free at least 3 times today, without a Redskins defender within 30 miles of them. That should not ****ing happen in this league.

It's happened the past two years and Haslett is still D coordinator.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
One of our best defensive games was when we played the simplest coverages, against Dallas. Yet Haslett thinks he has neurosurgeons back there. Ryan Clarke had no problems understanding LeBeau's defenses. Has he suddenly lost football IQ points? Haslett needs to go like yesterday.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980
You guys win....I am done. Have fun celebrating this. Hope your next Defensive Coordinator is a miracle worker to deal with this mess.

Sep 19, 2008
Can you believe people are actually defending Haslett on ******

"Statistics have 'improved'"

"Personnel are bad"

Fire everyone associated with defense and the ****ing secondary. Today was DISGRACEFUL. And I put up with a lot of **** and I'm not going to quit watching games but today was the MOST pissed I've ever been watching this ****. I've never felt so much ****ing anger and rage directed towards one unit. It's RIDICULOUS how bad they played. They should be ASHAMED.

This was a close game if the defense showed up. I believe that. It was 21-3 and it was 21-17. Even when they fumble it it's still a close game when the offense scored. It's just that this defense can't ****ing defend for ****. And this secondary ****ing...

I can't take it

I can't

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980
You guys win....I am done. Have fun celebrating this. Hope your next Defensive Coordinator is a miracle worker to deal with this mess.

He is such a drama queen. Guy is the worst beat reporter in town.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
One of our best defensive games was when we played the simplest coverages, against Dallas. Yet Haslett thinks he has neurosurgeons back there. Ryan Clarke had no problems understanding LeBeau's defenses. Has he suddenly lost football IQ points? Haslett needs to go like yesterday.

Difference is were Tony Romo smarter and recognized the blitz like Luck did, made line changes and got it picked up, he too wouldve had receivers wide open streaking down the field.

Sep 19, 2008
I saw the Broncos Redksins game last year

Not even that game was as disgraceful as this

Peyton lit us up but he did it methodically

This was just...this was just a WR getting open and NO ONE on him for ****ing miles. Not a defender in sight. And that's what pisses me off to extraordinary levels. That happens at most once in most NFL games. Not 3 times. That's just...that's college football. Against a CUPCAKE.

Govechkin

Nov 10, 2010
TV crew called that late hit to Morris "textbook", but replay shows clear helmet-to-helmet contact. Maybe shoulder was first? Still doesn't look like the kinda tackling we should teach our kids...

Instead of worrying about this game and the defense, lets look at who the Skins should end up keeping around...

Phillip Thomas (has looked good since we drafted him, in limited viewings...)
Alfred Morris (dude is a beast)
Healthy Jordan Reed
Amerson (despite the gaffes today, he is still one of the top 3 on the team, MeAngelo included, and we need to keep him)
Breeland (didn't watch him today, but he has shown some promise filling in with injuries)

Tackling and coverage look bad, delay of game calls should be inexcusable at the professional level, and our O-line didn't communicate at all.

I think we need to keep RG3 around, if only because we shouldn't let him go for free, but the Skins should be keeping their eyes out for a lot of things in the upcoming draft.

-Safety and CB
O-line
New Defensive Coordinator
O-line
O-line
Potential QB replacement.

If Skins end up with a top-5 pick, maybe trade down and pick up some additional picks, acknowledge that we are rebuilding, and get a new DC. Let the QB thing be a secondary issue and focus on shoring up protection for whomever is supposed to throw the ball, and some corners/safeties.

Sep 19, 2008
Watching htis game convinced me that even with our patchwork o line we should focus intensively on getting corners and safeties that ****ing know how to play football. We keep drafting busts like Raheem Moore and Amerson* and other such characters. Even Breeland had his one shining moment and is now meh.

I wonder if there are any good young corners that we can pick in the draft. There is a good Stanford OL guy who is projected to go early. I think we can go after him. Then we can try to draft more players later for the secondary. But again, this organization seems to have bad luck with drafting corners and safeties for some time now. See aforementioned examples.

* Pre emptively judged

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It has not. It has not.

It has in spurts, but those were at least 3 70+ yard plays, not drives. PLAYS. WIDE OPEN. NO DEFENDERS AROUND. 3 TIMES.

No, this happens pretty routinely. Not as much as today, but it's far from unusual to see the Redskins get destroyed on blown coverages for long plays. It's our D's signature move. Has been throughout most of Haslett's tenure.

Amerson had a brutal mental day today. Lots of mistakes reading plays. He wasn't beaten physically he was beaten brainially.

As someone mentioned, it's funny how Clark goes from a decent player to a guy who looks completely and totally lost 90% of the time once Haslett gets his hands on him. When the TV crew was slobbering over how brilliant Haslett was, they claimed the incredibly complexity of his calls and schemes made him an unpredictable genius. I'm sitting here tearing my eyebrows out listening to it. Nobody knows where they're supposed to be or who they're supposed to cover, and his calls are routinely garbage. He hasn't had a D crack the top 20 in ages, and they're trying to tell me this guy is fantastic? Get off the TV you fat slobs.

He is such a drama queen. Guy is the worst beat reporter in town.

I thought he quit when Jackson was signed? He should have.

Sep 19, 2008
3 times? In one game? Haven't seen it.

Evans did it too but I think that was twice. Just no one on him for miles. One time it was only Perry Riley Jr. I mean...that's just

No words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad