OT: 2014 REDSKINS - Part IV - Are you not entertained? (3-9-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is not Griffin's fault, or the O line, or anyone on offense. They scored enough to win, as bad as they were at times and at the end.

This is all, ALL, on Haslett. A baboon could throw feces at a wall covered with simple terms like "Man Coverage" and "Blitz" and do a more effective job running the defense.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Hasletts game plan didn't work from the start. Teddy missed two open TDs.

Just an unprofessional, country club mindset from Snyder--Allen on down.

So much fat to trim.

Oakland East until Snyder is forced out.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
This is not Griffin's fault, or the O line, or anyone on offense. They scored enough to win, as bad as they were at times and at the end.

This is all, ALL, on Haslett. A baboon could throw feces at a wall covered with simple terms like "Man Coverage" and "Blitz" and do a more effective job running the defense.

Washington was saved by flags for most of the game, kept some drives alive.

Oh, look, Dannyboy is in the tunnel

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I don't think I have hated Redskins player/coach/GM more than I hate Haslett. Holy cow, that guy is in over his head.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Team was loose coming into this game. Says it all. 3-5 team feeling good about themselves.

Oh, and if we're talking about Roberts mechanics after three years... It's over.

He'll get hurt again too.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think I have hated Redskins player/coach/GM more than I hate Haslett. Holy cow, that guy is in over his head.

I usually just feel bad for coaches who fail here; while I think Shanahan mostly sank his own ship, I still pity him for having to deal with this franchise. It's not their fault, usually. Haslett is essentially a personification of what is fundamentally flawed with this organization, though. Different story with him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Washington was saved by flags for most of the game, kept some drives alive.

Oh, look, Dannyboy is in the tunnel

Probably to give his little toy a big hug, tell him how perfect he is, etc, while ignoring every other coach and player. That would be the Snyderiest thing to do.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Lake Lewis Jr ‏@LakeLewis · 5m5 minutes ago
Gruden: We let them drive 80 yards after we had the lead and then we let them drive for 80 yards again #redskins @sportsjourney

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lake Lewis Jr ‏@LakeLewis · 5m5 minutes ago
Gruden: We let them drive 80 yards after we had the lead and then we let them drive for 80 yards again #redskins @sportsjourney

Translation: Wow, my DC is **** and I would badly like for him to be fired now, thanks.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Andy Pollin ‏@andypollin1 · 3m3 minutes ago
Gruden say "good point" to thought that defense may have let up. That bus that nearly went over cliff just rolled over Haslett

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Translation: Wow, my DC is **** and I would badly like for him to be fired now, thanks.

Gruden is pulling no punches in regards to the defense:

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN · 7m7 minutes ago
Jay blasting the defense. “Thought they were played a lot betterâ€, “unacceptableâ€, final zinger “I might have rushed for 48 yards."

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins · 8m8 minutes ago
GRUDEN:"Overall I think Robert came in & competed. I think he gave us a good chance to win...Took some sacks maybe he shouldn't have taken."

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
My feelings for Haslett has reached Zorn levels. Not hate, more like disgust.

I didn't hate Zorn. Or Spurrier. Heck Spurrier was funny as ****. Zorn wasn't provided with anything to work with. For Haslett, we've done a lot - gotten tons of FAs and drafted some decent players. Maybe the defensive roster isn't perfect, but a good DC turns this bunch into a competitive one. He is just HORRIBLE.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo · 9m9 minutes ago
Gruden: "there were some holes that were gaping. I might've been able to rush for 48 yards in that game"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gruden is pulling no punches in regards to the defense:

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN · 7m7 minutes ago
Jay blasting the defense. “Thought they were played a lot betterâ€, “unacceptableâ€, final zinger “I might have rushed for 48 yards."

Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins · 8m8 minutes ago
GRUDEN:"Overall I think Robert came in & competed. I think he gave us a good chance to win...Took some sacks maybe he shouldn't have taken."

Alright. I am a Gruden fan now.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I didn't hate Zorn. Or Spurrier. Heck Spurrier was funny as ****. Zorn wasn't provided with anything to work with. For Haslett, we've done a lot - gotten tons of FAs and drafted some decent players. Maybe the defensive roster isn't perfect, but a good DC turns this bunch into a competitive one. He is just HORRIBLE.

Zorn wasn't given anything to work with? Really? The guy was an idiot. Do you not remember the swinging gate play called twice in a row? The guy was in over his head. There is a reason why he has never been anything but a QB coach before or since his stint in DC.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
More Jay Gruden: "That's some small-time reporter reporting fiction."

Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog 10m10 minutes ago
Jay Gruden on Britt McHenry's pre-game report: "An amateurish report....Anybody who reports that's an amateur. It's totally false."

Glad Gruden called out Brit McHerny though. She was out of her element reporting on the locker room "issue". WTF was she thinking with that one.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Zorn wasn't given anything to work with? Really? The guy was an idiot. Do you not remember the swinging gate play called twice in a row? The guy was in over his head. There is a reason why he has never been anything but a QB coach before or since his stint in DC.

Who did he have offensively to work with? He had an old, beat up O-line. An aging Portis and Moss. Campbell as his QB. Dude had nothing to work with. And to make matters worse, his GM was Cerrato who essentially neutered him by hiring Bingo Sherm as his playcaller.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins · 7m7 minutes ago
GRUDEN: "We've just got to get off blocks better. We've got to cover better. Really I don't know what to say positively about that game."

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Who did he have offensively to work with? He had an old, beat up O-line. An aging Portis and Moss. Campbell as his QB. Dude had nothing to work with. And to make matters worse, his GM was Cerrato who essentially neutered him by hiring Bingo Sherm as his playcaller.

I get it, you are a Zorn fan. Not sure how that is possible, but to each his own.

Where is he coaching now in the NFL? Hell, in football period?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder if Haslett is the latest DC coach trying to get fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad