2014 OHL Priority Selection Prospects cntd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
As of right now, the Belleville Bulls would own the first pick, so would Chychrun report to the small market, big ice of Belleville? Would George and Barclay EVER pass up on this kid? Interested in hearing you guys thoughts.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
As of right now, the Belleville Bulls would own the first pick, so would Chychrun report to the small market, big ice of Belleville? Would George and Barclay EVER pass up on this kid? Interested in hearing you guys thoughts.

I doubt they would. Defenseman have played there and been successful in the past and I'm sure he would see that and report. But what do you guys have in terms of offensive prospects in the system or that will be around for a while moving forward Bullsfan?

F - Colella, Heffernan, Petti, Cramorossa, Laishram and Bricknell.

D - Lemcke, Bean, Morris.

Although you have a lot of young forwards I don't see any there that have the potential to be game breaking players and Harper and Elie are already going to be 19 next season. It will be interesting to see what they will do.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
I doubt they would. Defenseman have played there and been successful in the past and I'm sure he would see that and report. But what do you guys have in terms of offensive prospects in the system or that will be around for a while moving forward Bullsfan?

F - Colella, Heffernan, Petti, Cramorossa, Laishram and Bricknell.

D - Lemcke, Bean, Morris.

Although you have a lot of young forwards I don't see any there that have the potential to be game breaking players and Harper and Elie are already going to be 19 next season. It will be interesting to see what they will do.

Remi Elie, Harper.

OttawaHockeyFan

Jan 8, 2014
OEMHL All Star game is scheduled for next weekend. Skills session Friday. Game is Saturday. Lots of draftable players will be in this game. Should be a good one.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
[QOUTE]As of right now, the Belleville Bulls would own the first pick, so would Chychrun report to the small market, big ice of Belleville? Would George and Barclay EVER pass up on this kid? Interested in hearing you guys thoughts.[/QOUTE]

No chance anyone passes up on drafting Chychrun regardless of needs. The drop from him to the next tier is too much.

Bulls should have a good squad going forward

lastplace

Mar 17, 2013
What are the teams that are 1 or 2 players away from being serious contenders next season. Specifically, what teams will ascend with a solid draft?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What are the teams that are 1 or 2 players away from being serious contenders next season. Specifically, what teams will ascend with a solid draft?

I think Mississauga can have a great year next year. They have 3, 96 born defenseman that are solid and Sean Day. Martin is very solid in net. They are second last in goal scoring and lack size up front. A highly skilled forward early and another in the second round could really turn the team around.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012

I think the Petes are one good defenseman and a good goalie away from being contenders for east next season. Ritchie, Garlent and Cornel have lit the lamp a LOT lately and we now have good depth upfront.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
How is Lorentz looking in Peterborough?

Love his game. Thinks the game soooo well. Huge potential for him once he fills out physically. Seems like he is still trying to get used to being 6'2 since he just recently had his major growth spurt. Pro potential in my opinion.

lastplace

Mar 17, 2013
Lorentz is proof that draft status isn't the be all and end all for these kids. 12th rounder who grew a bunch, hit the gym and made the team over a bunch of kids picked much earlier that him. There are kids like him on every team.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009

Niagara has a lot of quality drafted 97 kids, and with another great draft and some acquisitions, and trades , they can be a contender next year.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Lorentz is proof that draft status isn't the be all and end all for these kids. 12th rounder who grew a bunch, hit the gym and made the team over a bunch of kids picked much earlier that him. There are kids like him on every team.

Exactly. Success comes to those who work the hardest.

lastplace

Mar 17, 2013
Niagara has a lot of quality drafted 97 kids, and with another great draft and some acquisitions, and trades , they can be a contender next year.

They will be dangerous next year. Many predicted them to finish last this year because of their youth. A strong draft could push them over the top.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
And to add to that: How is Mascherin outpacing his teammates by 50 points?! You'd think there'd be a linemate who would be the lucky beneficiary of racking up points beside him.

lastplace

Mar 17, 2013
And to add to that: How is Mascherin outpacing his teammates by 50 points?! You'd think there'd be a linemate who would be the lucky beneficiary of racking up points beside him.

He's a stud. Simple as that. Let's also remember he's playing way too many minutes right now in MM. Legs aren't always fresh. That won't happen in Jr. My bet is he is even more explosive at the next level.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
I think the Petes are one good defenseman and a good goalie away from being contenders for east next season. Ritchie, Garlent and Cornel have lit the lamp a LOT lately and we now have good depth upfront.

What do you think the Petes will draft this year, defenseman, forward? I agree with you that they are one good defenseman away but can you draft that game changing dman. I would have to think Dunn, Stanley or Candella would be your first round targets. Would they part ways with Lorentz who I've heard nothing but great things about or Stefano who has the stats right now plus picks for that game changing dman or goalie? Would Oke make another Garlent trade? What's your thoughts with there off season plans?

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
Anyone with knowledge on this years prospects care to give a first round mock based on today's current standings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad