2014 NHL Draft

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Well as per the analysts, looks like we might struggle this year due to our Corsi and whatever else being worst, and that last year we were incredibly lucky.

So perhaps we'll be in the Ekblad / Reinhart territory.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
I hope we're not in range for them(unless a move up) but Draisaitl and Dal Cole have caught my eye early.

Yeah, I hope that we will not be in that range, but Dal Colle really intrigues me too.

Is he a center or left winger? Seems like he's big and a very good playmaker.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Virtanen and I'm happy. Guy never stops. He will be an absolute force one day. Maybe not a huge point scorer but never fails to go for the big hit.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
I can almost guarantee Reinhart will get Descheneau drafted in the 5th next year.

Whoever gets this kid is getting a very smart player.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Well as per the analysts, looks like we might struggle this year due to our Corsi and whatever else being worst, and that last year we were incredibly lucky.

So perhaps we'll be in the Ekblad / Reinhart territory.

What I've learned: never put too much faith in the Leafs. It's certainly possible :laugh:

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Here's a few guys from the Q.

Ivan Barbashev, F: Didn't really saw him play, but seems lika a very solid prospects, good size, great offensive skills and a good two-way game.

Alexis Pepin, F: When he's on his game he's great. Big with skills, two-way game, physical, etc. Has a bomb of a shot. Will need to be more consistent. Not the same style of play, but a guy a little bit like Mantha this year. Great potential, but we'll need to be more consistent shifts to shifts.

Daniel Audette, F: Really like him. Yes he's small, but great skills and offensive instincts, works very hard and a great compete level.

Clark Bishop, F: Really like him as well. Great two-way game, compete hard and plays bigger than his size.

Carl Neill, D: D with great potential. Big, physical, good defensive and offensive potential. Can play PP, PK, all situations.

Francis Perron, F: Not overly big, but great offensive forward. Hockey IQ very high, great vision and wirst-shot. Will have a bigger role in Rouyn-Noranda next year.

Jonathan Deschamps, D: Big physical defensive defenseman.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
The first pick will be a battle between Reinhart, Nylander, and Ekblad. Really strong year from the OHL with the likes of Ekblad, McKeown, Clarke, Dal Colle, McCann, Bennett, Ho-Sang, Ritchie, and Watson who are all top-15 caliber.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Win the Cup this year and then tank the next season to get McDavid. Kid is unreal and whoever gets him is lucky.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Trade our pick to a non playoff team in the McDavid draft, get your lottery tickets while they're cheap. Stack as many 2015 picks as possible would be my plan.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
He doesn't get the exposure McDavid does, but Sam Reinhart is on the same level as him. Lots of talent and unbelievably smart on the ice.

I wouldn't say the same level, but he'd be an amazing consolation prize. Probably one of the smartest junior players I've seen in a long time.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
He doesn't get the exposure McDavid does, but Sam Reinhart is on the same level as him. Lots of talent and unbelievably smart on the ice.

Yeah...... No.

McDavid is in a class all his own.

Reinhart is a hell of a player, though.

I like Ekblad (watched him grow up), Barbashev, Dal Colle, Ho-Sang (lots of analysis on him this year), Kapanen, and a few others.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Yeah...... No.

McDavid is in a class all his own.

Reinhart is a hell of a player, though.

I like Ekblad (watched him grow up), Barbashev, Dal Colle, Ho-Sang (lots of analysis on him this year), Kapanen, and a few others.

Yep, I agree.

I'm a huge Sam Reinhart fan, and he's going to be in contention for the top pick in the 2014 draft, but there is a reason McDavid is getting the hype he's had.

That said Reinhart is a stud. He's the sublime playmaking center every team wants. Putting up almost a PPG in his draft year was very good. It's not often that rookie WHLers do that, especially at the age of 16. What's even more crazy is that in his rookie season, he took only one minor penalty. One. In 67 games. Let that sink in. That's incredible.

He's also a great leader. Guess who was the captain of the Ivan Hlinka tourney last year? Reinhart. And the U18 team this year? Reinhart. Future NHL captain. And he's got hockey sense that's off the charts. Quinessential smart center.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Kingston is going to be a fun team to watch, and they'll do it on the back of three 2014 potential first rounders (not to mention Kujanwinski and Ikonen).

Plus both Sam Bennett and Roland McKeown could go top ten (Watson is the third potential first rounder).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad