Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So is he going to play again? Still riding the bench.

Like @darko said, will be a nice easy decision for him to walk way from this team.

The assistant coach said he'll play next game. I don't know whats going on, he's played three hockey games in the last two months.

He got injured, and thats understood why he didn't play then, but unless he's playing through an injury and therefore they don't want to play him much, he's not done anything with his play to be benched, he has a .941 SV%. Its also not just with SKA, it was the same thing with Russia. Didn't dress for any of the three games of the last tournament when he'd have normally been expected to be the starter or at the very least the back up.

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
Like I feared, he’s not doing so well in his first game back.. 3 goals on 15 shots as of now..

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Game over. SKA lost 4-3. Igor gave up 4 goals on 24 shots. Excellent work by the coaching staff to keep him cold so long.

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
I haven’t seen the game myself, but Shestyorkin got pulled in the second period of an ongoing game. Let in 3 goals in 58 seconds and then a shorthanded goal after that. Alex Nunn on Twitter says Igor has not been the problem, though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not worried. Maybe he's playing through an injury or its possible he's just really rusty after barely playing for a few months.

The whole situation is beyond bizarre. It might end up costing him a spot at the Olympics, but he didn't all of a sudden become a bad goalie.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I'm not worried. Maybe he's playing through an injury or its possible he's just really rusty after barely playing for a few months.

The whole situation is beyond bizarre. It might end up costing him a spot at the Olympics, but he didn't all of a sudden become a bad goalie.
not seeing game action in two months has a lot to do with it....if im him I want out of that organization asap

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
not seeing game action in two months has a lot to do with it....if im him I want out of that organization asap

He also might be dealing with some nagging injury, we don't know. SKA isn't very forthcoming with injury news. When he was injured, they didn't even report what the injuries were.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
He also might be dealing with some nagging injury, we don't know. SKA isn't very forthcoming with injury news. When he was injured, they didn't even report what the injuries were.

that most definitely can affect him but if he isn't healthy he shouldn't be playing at all

either way SKA hasn't shown faith in him to play him as their number 1 goalie

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
4-2 win. 18 of 20 saves.

I thought he did well in the third, I didn't get to watch the first two periods. I thought he actually had more saves than 20. He had a save late in the third that was from point blank range when the score was 3-2. After two bad outing in a row, this was a little better.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
4th ranked goalie by this author. I still don't think he's getting proper respect. I think he's proven himself to be #1. I could understand Samsonov first because he's 6'3 and athletic, but he's not even close to as polished as the other goalies on this list. The other two are not better, in my opinion.

4. Igor Shesterkin, New York Rangers
Drafted: Fourth round, 118th overall in 2014
2017-18 team: SKA St. Petersburg
Shesterkin is a very entertaining goalie to watch and has put up monster numbers the past two seasons on a powerhouse SKA club. He is a very athletic goalie with high-end reflexes. His glove can get him out of tough situations with consistency, and his lateral agility helps him make a lot of difficult saves. He's become more sound in tracking pucks and squaring up shots, but his value comes from getting to pucks other goalies can’t. He is signed in the KHL through the 2018-19 season and will likely be Russia’s backup at the Olympics.

Pronman: 2017-18 midseason Top 50 NHL prospects

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
4th ranked goalie by this author. I still don't think he's getting proper respect. I think he's proven himself to be #1. I could understand Samsonov first because he's 6'3 and athletic, but he's not even close to as polished as the other goalies on this list. The other two are not better, in my opinion.

Pronman: 2017-18 midseason Top 50 NHL prospects
He will also be working with Allaire which is a major advantage over the others on the list.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Pronman doesn't know prospects as well as he thinks. Look back as his past rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad