2014 Mock Draft By Team Board Vote

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'll take Fiala getting more votes than Tuch as a personal victory.

Yea I don't think he was on the radar here until you started pimping him. He looked really good against Canada so that night have been a minor factor as well.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yea I don't think he was on the radar here until you started pimping him. He looked really good against Canada so that night have been a minor factor as well.

He looked pretty good at the WJHC and led his team in scorinig as a 17 yr old IIRC.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
... just testing perspectives.

Ehlers, Ritchie, Fleury or Fiala?

I've knocked out Virtanen (probably gone by #9), Perlini and McCann (I don't like either of them at #9, so I've taken the prerogative of excluding them for discussion purposes).

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

I've knocked out Virtanen (probably gone by #9), Perlini and McCann (I don't like either of them at #9, so I've taken the prerogative of excluding them for discussion purposes).

Personally:

Ehlers
Fleury
Ritchie
Fiala

That being said, I wasn't in on the Fiala fiesta that was going around on here during U18 so maybe I'm out of touch with him. :dunno:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Ehlers for me.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Ehlers
Fiala
Fleury
Ritchie

This order as well - even though Fiala looked good I'm deferring because he just barely cracked the ISS top 30

Last year ISS also had Morrissey at 21 with Gauthier and Santini above him for example.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure ISS also had Scheifele under Phillips, McNeill, Siemens, etc.

I find ISS to rank heavily based on previous production more than late risers. Which looks different from the way the Jets draft.

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Ehlers
Fiala
Fleury
Ritchie

Last year ISS also had Morrissey at 21 with Gauthier and Santini above him for example.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure ISS also had Scheifele under Phillips, McNeill, Siemens, etc.

I find ISS to rank heavily based on previous production more than late risers. Which looks different from the way the Jets draft.

There's a lot of last guy to impress in those centralized draft rankings too, in all sports, combined with reputation. GM's tend to take a much longer view IMO, good ones anyways.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
There's a lot of last guy to impress in those centralized draft rankings too, in all sports, combined with reputation. GM's tend to take a much longer view IMO, good ones anyways.

Yeah, that's very true. There's a lot of behind the scenes analysis that has to go on for those things that we aren't always privy to. Decisions to be made about why production is suddenly happening when it wasn't before (is it player growth, or who he playing with, etc.) Even how each team could judge a "late bloomer" is probably different from team to team.

Plus guys who perform at the U18s for example tend to rise more than they probably should on some lists simply because they're the last (other than CHL playoffs) guys playing hockey. That being said there's guys like Kevin Fiala for example. I liked him and brought him up pre-U18's, so I instead was able to use the U18's to somewhat validate my beliefs. Just like I felt I validated my belief that Tuch is somewhat meh.

I just personally think ISS weighs previous success way too heavily and doesn't always do the best job at prognosticating future roles. Like having Sean Couturier at #1 for instance.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
If Barbashev wasn't Russian, he would be high on my list. It's pretty sad that a few Russian players leaving their NHL teams has soured future Russians who want to play in the NHL.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
If Barbashev wasn't Russian, he would be high on my list. It's pretty sad that a few Russian players leaving their NHL teams has soured future Russians who want to play in the NHL.

Yeah, I put a video in another thread with scouts talking about Barbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad