OT: 2014 football thread iv: falcons docked pick for being dumb.

NYRangerFan*

Wasn't expecting Pittsburgh to come out and lose like that. Big Ben got beat up

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Oregon/OSU should be interesting.

MSU's only 2 losses this year were to both of em lol.

I feel like Oregon should win this game by 7-10 points, but I never expected OSU to beat Bama either.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Oregon/OSU should be interesting.

MSU's only 2 losses this year were to both of em lol.

I feel like Oregon should win this game by 7-10 points, but I never expected OSU to beat Bama either.

Oregon SHOULD curb Ohio State but the bowls have been very weird this year. Very unpredictable (other than the FSU game).

At the end of the day, it should've been TCU vs Alabama (their curbing of Ole Miss clearly showed that). It'll be great once this expands to 8 teams instead of 4.

Oregon has a better killer instinct than Bama.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Oregon SHOULD curb Ohio State but the bowls have been very weird this year. Very unpredictable (other than the FSU game).

At the end of the day, it should've been TCU vs Alabama (their curbing of Ole Miss clearly showed that). It'll be great once this expands to 8 teams instead of 4.

Oregon has a better killer instinct than Bama.

Agree with the 8, agree with TCU was one of the 4, but at the same time you can't penalize OSU for beating Bama. So OSU to me clearly deserves to be in the final, despite how much I dislike them.

I would have had TCU in over FSU, I know FSU was unbeaten but you survive against a lot of mediocre teams it will eventually catch up to you and did.

1. Alabama 8. MSU
2. Oregon 7. Miss St
3. FSU. 6. TCU
4. OSU 5. Baylor

Would have been some great matchups. But, at least they finally got the playoffs in.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Agree with the 8, agree with TCU was one of the 4, but at the same time you can't penalize OSU for beating Bama. So OSU to me clearly deserves to be in the final, despite how much I dislike them.

I would have had TCU in over FSU, I know FSU was unbeaten but you survive against a lot of mediocre teams it will eventually catch up to you and did.

1. Alabama 8. MSU
2. Oregon 7. Miss St
3. FSU. 6. TCU
4. OSU 5. Baylor

Would have been some great matchups. But, at least they finally got the playoffs in.

Unfortunately, FSU had to be in. Undefeated power 5. TCU should've been in over Toss-U. Toss-U lost at HOME to VT. TCU lost on the road to a top 10 opponent. Simply disgraceful for them to be left out.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
PFF compares Winston and MM to current NFL QBs:

mariota-winston-plot.png

NYRangerFan*

Wow, RIP to Stuart Scott. I remember he made a speech not too long ago about fighting cancer

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
99 and 1/2 yard drive thanks to an awful running into the kicker penalty which prevented the Cowboys from getting the ball in Lion territory. I want the Lions to crush Dallas because I'm tired of hearing the media sympathy for Romo, and because, well, they're the Cowboys.

NYRangerFan*

Lol Cowboys making the playoffs is such a waste. At least when my NYG make it, we win superbowls. Dallas doesn't even show up

BarbaraAlphanse

And I dare anyone to tell me that there is not Dallas favoritism from this league. My God. What a joke.

Is it me or can do the Lions seem like a team that has the potential to be sick and just can never completely click?

Terrible eventual non-call. Although there was contact from Pettigrew and technically should have been a re-do of 3rd and 1 w/ two offsetting pass interference calls.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
There is no excuse for that flag being picked up. The league will apologize on Monday, but it won't matter if Dallas ends up winning.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also, looking back at that, someone needs to explain to me how Dez Bryant wasn't penalized for walking 10 yards onto the field to argue the call.

This league is a joke.

BarbaraAlphanse

Also, looking back at that, someone needs to explain to me how Dez Bryant wasn't penalized for walking 10 yards onto the field to argue the call.

This league is a joke.

Yup. Got the Kevin Garnett treatment... above the law.

But again, I kept looking at that play and rewinding to it. Pettigrew had the jersey initially and then grabbed the facemask. Should have been offsetting PI calls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad