Prospect Info: 2014 Development Camp – July 14-18 at FNC – See OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Yesterday in the bduff piece on the sabres.nhl.com site, he mentioned Reinhardt was taking a maintenance day - so he was injured or sick.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Oh, one other thing as well. Lemioux was acting like a huge baby. Complained about some call and was shouting in the coaches face, then when the ruling stood, he smack a puck and pouted. The crowd was laughing at him. It was really embarrassing and made me not like him at all :/

Yea he may be a tool and a crybaby for now but he's 18.. Just graduated high school.. We were all immature at that age.. I just love how competitive he is.. If he's like this during 3vs3 against his own teammates, what will he be like in preseason, regular season, playoffs? I feel like he will be a leader and part of the heart and soul of our team in the future.. Just needs to grow up

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Hey I coined that term a while ago bud :laugh:

Also, the reflexive, corny sarcasm about Reinhart being a bust shows how sensitive some people are about him. Fact is he had a disappointing showing this week among the finest collection of prospects in the league - which is fine - but the truth is he didn't look like an elite pick. We'll see, he's got a long time to show us his stuff.

Risto will win a Norris. He'll have a 60-point year.

I'm Carrier's biggest fan.

Really wanted ZG to pop Lemieux in the nose. He's not a close enough part of the family yet to pull a bunch of the **** he did.

We still don't know if he'll develop into a true #1 D-man.. Many predict #2.. Remember, he's playing against kids right now

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
People are overreacting to Reinhart getting out-muscled. The camp was designed as a "battle camp" as TM put it. We all knew this was a weakness in his game. If they had a less intense camp that was based more on passing and skill, everyone would be thrilled.

It seems to be those that wanted someone else at the draft that will be the loudest pointing out Reinhart's flaws at the moment. You can just look at him and see he is not physically strong enough yet. Once he fills out he will be an impact 200 foot player but that might take a year or more. I think he needs to go back to junior for one more year, develop some man strength while playing a major role at the WJCs.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
The shoulder shrug rate dropped considerably since his previous interviews. Wonder if its just something he does when he's nervous.

I think it's an autonomic reaction that happens when having to answer a question professionally, (read nicely), when he really wants to go off script and ask them what the **** do you want me to say. Smart to play along. Just my opinion of course.

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
Risto was entertaining to watch today. The one thing I noticed is that he likes to joke around. He would play slash people, bump into coaches, and just talked to everyone. He was by far the best player on the ice. His first goal was like the World Jrs clinching goal.

Other players that impressed me were Olofsson, Ullmark, Faeshing, Bailey, and Grigorenko

Armia looked awful in the first session today. He would drift away from the play with his back to the group and didn't put any effort in. It looked like a 3 on 2 while he was doing this. He would skate with his head down back to center ice when his turn was over. It was almost like he was sick and not feeling like putting the energy into it. During the second session he was a little better as his dangles were working and he was initiating a little more.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Yea he may be a tool and a crybaby for now but he's 18.. Just graduated high school.. We were all immature at that age.. I just love how competitive he is.. If he's like this during 3vs3 against his own teammates, what will he be like in preseason, regular season, playoffs? I feel like he will be a leader and part of the heart and soul of our team in the future.. Just needs to grow up

Martin Brodeur told a story of Claude Lemieux being the biggest competitor he ever saw and that he hated to lose at anything. If he lost a game of cards in the locker room he would flip the table over and storm off. With Brendan, it will be a case of seeing if it is really the same fire or if he is trying to do things like that in order to emulate his dad without the real passion inside. I think he has passion and will mature over time and channel it a little better. I am glad he is part of the organization.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I know I already said it once, and it doesn't really mean all that much, but man... Grigorenko is on another level out there during that 3 on 3. Him and ristolainen basically just kept the puck as long as they wanted... Ristolainen is really good at protecting the puck with his body. He looked like a skilled power forward out there.

Maybe the AHL trial of 3-3 in OT needs to be fast tracked to the NHL.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Colin Jacobs @Colin_Jacobs19 - What an awesome time this week at @BuffaloSabres dev camp! Exciting times ahead!

Brendan Lemieux @blemieux22 - Great week in Buffalo with @BuffaloSabres can't wait to get back in September now back to #cali ✈️

Jonas Johansson @jonasjohansoon - Great week in Buffalo! Lots of new experiences earned, thanks @BuffaloSabres for a great camp!

Patrick Russell @PRussell63 - Thank you to the @BuffaloSabres for an amazing week at DV camp, such a great experience.

Nick Baptiste @NickBaptiste - Big thanks to the @BuffaloSabres for another outstanding Development Camp!
So proud to a part of such a great organization.

Jordan SamuelsThomas @SamuelsThomas19 - Really enjoyed my first week w/ the @BuffaloSabres organization.
Thanks to all the fans who came out and supported us.

Eric Cornel @ecornel10 - Thanks to @BuffaloSabres for a great DEV camp. Enjoyed my first time in the #blueandgold

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
I understand it's a bold prediction and we'll just have to see. I think once our team is elite, he'll reach that total at least once. He's got the skill without a doubt.

Thought you meant next year which is crazy but I still don't think he'll reach 60. I put his ceiling in the low 50's.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm amused there's an actual trophy. :laugh:

Me too. It's just one of a million little things that adds to the experience.

It will be cool in 10 years when one of our new prospects proudly wins the trophy and thinks it's cool that his name will be engraved on the same trophy as NHLers who won the Stanley Cup.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Me too. It's just one of a million little things that adds to the experience.

It will be cool in 10 years when one of our new prospects proudly wins the trophy and thinks it's cool that his name will be engraved on the same trophy as NHLers who won the Stanley Cup.

:)

Good point.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Looking forward to attend a few Brown games this season. Maybe Willman was a steal in the 5th...

I liked what I saw from him at the scrimmage and hopefully he continues to improve. For a kid coming from Mass. High school hockey, he was a bit of a revelation in how well he competed against players who has played at a much higher level.

The increase in scouting looks like it has been paying off the past few years in the later rounds.
Guys like Ullmark, Possler, Florentino, Malone, Willman and Olofsson all look like players with pro upside going forward. Cassidy mentioned being impressed with Willman and Nolan mentioned Olofsson's shot being special. Everyone was impressed with Ullmark. Hopefully a couple of them fully develop.

TimMcClure*

Great experience for those kids, a few will become lifelong friends playing together in the show making millions. The sad part is for many of the rest their dream will die. Former Sabres 5th round pick Greg Such wrote a poignant blog about coming to terms with the end of his hockey career.

Love stories like Willman's, hoping he's one of the longshot's who make it.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Great experience for those kids, a few will become lifelong friends playing together in the show making millions. The sad part is for many of the rest their dream will die. Former Sabres 5th round pick Greg Such wrote a poignant blog about coming to terms with the end of his hockey career.

Love stories like Willman's, hoping he's one of the longshot's who make it.

At least the bright side for guys like Willman and Malone is they're going to have Brown and Harvard educations, respectively, to fall back on. The kids who come out of the CHL and then go pro lose their free CIS education (earned by CHL participation) AFAIK.

ZeroPT*

God I hope Grigorenko pans out.

He's so awesome. One of my favorite sabres with SR,TM and ZG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad