2014 CBJ Offseason Thread III (All proposals, "blog" rumors, speculation in here)

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I know it's way too early, but I just got so giddy thinking about what our prospect pool will look like after next year's draft. It'll essentially be what it is now, with all of our picks in the deep 2015 draft (6 picks in the first 3 rounds, ICYMI), minus Erixon and maybe Wennberg due to graduation. Goodness gracious..

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I know it's way too early, but I just got so giddy thinking about what our prospect pool will look like after next year's draft. It'll essentially be what it is now, with all of our picks in the deep 2015 draft (6 picks in the first 3 rounds, ICYMI), minus Erixon and maybe Wennberg due to graduation. Goodness gracious..

I did miss that. Can someone recap where those extra 3 picks came from?

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I did miss that. Can someone recap where those extra 3 picks came from?
CBJ 1st rounder, CBJ 2nd rounder, TOR 2nd rounder (Gaborik trade, deferred to 2015 by Anaheim), CBJ 3rd rounder, DET 3rd rounder (traded 63rd overall at 2014 draft for DET's 2014 3rd (76th overall) and DET's 3rd in 2015), PHI 3rd rounder (Mason trade)

edit: Jarmo turned Frattin + EDM 2014 3rd into D'Amigo + Elvis Merzlikins + DET 2015 3rd

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
CBJ 1st rounder, CBJ 2nd rounder, TOR 2nd rounder (Gaborik trade, deferred to 2015 by Anaheim), CBJ 3rd rounder, DET 3rd rounder (traded 63rd overall at 2014 draft for DET's 2014 3rd (76th overall) and DET's 3rd in 2015), PHI 3rd rounder (Mason trade)

edit: Jarmo turned Frattin + EDM 2014 3rd into D'Amigo + Elvis Merzlikins + DET 2015 3rd

If you're going to name Elvis you probably need to name whomever the Oil picked with that 3rd. Just for consistency.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
There's a real chance the CBJ win that deal just because of Elvis Merzlikins ... let alone the third round pick next year.

Don't get me wrong, Turgeon is a talented kid ... but I get the impression that if his name weren't Turgeon, he would have been a 6th or 7th round pick.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
There's a real chance the CBJ win that deal just because of Elvis Merzlikins ... let alone the third round pick next year.

Don't get me wrong, Turgeon is a talented kid ... but I get the impression that if his name weren't Turgeon, he would have been a 6th or 7th round pick.
the kid produced at a 0.33 points per game rate on a very offensively talented Winterhawks team over the course of the past 2 years

Now, I've never really watched the kid, but his production doesn't really jump off of the page at you. He's definitely got some size, but aside from that...? Probably explains why Detroit picked him though, considering how they develop their guys. Can't teach size, but the rest..

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
the kid produced at a 0.33 points per game rate on a very offensively talented Winterhawks team over the course of the past 2 years

Now, I've never really watched the kid, but his production doesn't really jump off of the page at you. He's definitely got some size, but aside from that...? Probably explains why Detroit picked him though, considering how they develop their guys. Can't teach size, but the rest..

He's a talented kid, good hands, good skater. Nothing really stands out about his game, but these boards are going to explode about him next year because he's going to play on one of the top lines in Portland, almost by default. He'll be an 80-90 point player in the WHL next year, is my guess ... naturally, since he's a Red Wing prospect, he will be touted as the next Henrik Datsyuk.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Anyone hearing how Horton's summer is going? With all the Joey and Harty talk, haven't heard anything at all about Horton's recovery and summer conditioning.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Check this out at NHL.com: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=727302

This is from the Jacket website and was posted last Tuesday.

I'm surprised that officially folks are still saying he only injured the groin in April, when so many of us could tell that he had a groin/core injury going back to February. I actually really hope he was injured the whole time, because otherwise he's just not a good hockey player anymore. He was terrible.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Great news. I remember seeing wennberg take a mic out of his shirt when I was at devo camp. Maybe that'll be in it

Is that where they give you these awesome hats?

13530_devo_hat.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad