2014 CBJ Offseason Thread II (All proposals, "blog" rumors, speculation in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Surprised there has not been much action so far beyond Vancouver.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Surprised there has not been much action so far beyond Vancouver.

This seems to happen every year. Lots of hype that there will be lots of trades and then nothing. Maybe once things get going, it will change. Still have that sense of the unknown. Jarmo is close to the vest and that is what makes him so unpredictable.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Milano.

Have paid zero attention to the prospects this year so I'm hoping his name pops up again beyond today

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
So with the draft in the books, what do you all think is the next move? Trade or UFA signing? I'm guessing most of you are just like me and just don't know anymore. This organization probably wants it that way.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
So with the draft in the books, what do you all think is the next move? Trade or UFA signing? I'm guessing most of you are just like me and just don't know anymore. This organization probably wants it that way.

I'd be guessing UFA signing if I'm picking from the menu. Immediately though, there are RFA issues to deal with.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
For those who still wants to upgrade on D, anyone do a Anisimov + for Yandle? Each have two years left before becoming a UFA. Yandle makes $5.25/season vs Anisimov $3.28/season. With Ribeiro getting bought out, maybe they want another center? What would the + have to be for Arizona/for you guys to do the deal? Or no interest in Yandle at all? Might be Wiz version 2? Puts up points but not the best at defending? He had 53 points but was a -23(He was the player with the brutal giveaway in OT which lead to the Johansen winner late in the season).

My dream would be, trade goes through and then we sign Statsny to replace Anismov. Although, not sure if we have cap room to do so.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
In my gut, I feel like we are going to make a real run for Stastny. 6 year 6.5 million per year. We have so many US born players, I'm sure he has connections.

Let Stastny and Johansen be done the middle for us for the next half a decade.

Jenner - Johansen - Horton
Hartnell - Stastny - Foligno
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Atkinson

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
In my gut, I feel like we are going to make a real run for Stastny. 6 year 6.5 million per year. We have so many US born players, I'm sure he has connections.

Would you give him a NMC or would that be a deal breaker? Or is that a non issue? Don't want to be a team with players full of NMC/NTC(Horton,Hartnell,Wisniewski,Tyutin so far) but I would give one similar to Horton's.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Would you give him a NMC or would that be a deal breaker? Or is that a non issue? Don't want to be a team with players full of NMC/NTC(Horton,Hartnell,Wisniewski,Tyutin so far) but I would give one similar to Horton's.

Yup I would. It's pretty much par for the course with any big UFA. They want to be able to dictate where they move.

I think he'll likely go back to Colorado though.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com

Stastny already said he won't be signing for less than he made on his last contract which was 6.6 AAV if I remember correctly.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I don't know about "next" move, and I sure as hell don't know what the FO will do, but...

I would offer a very late round draft pick to Chicago for Michal Roszival.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
2.2m cap hit for a 36 year old bottom pairing Dman who hasn't played anywhere close to a full season since 09/10... why would you ever want that

Veteran RHS d-man not making so much coin that I'd mind him sitting in the press box if my youngsters beat him out. I don't need him to play 82 games if the team's blueline depth is as good as we hope. Has won a Cup.

I'm a hedger.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
Stastny already said he won't be signing for less than he made on his last contract which was 6.6 AAV if I remember correctly.

I would give him somewhere between 6.6-7/year for 6 years for sure. Joey-Stastny as your 1-2 punch down the middle for the next half decade would be hell for other teams

Speaking of Avs players, would management consider giving ROR an offer sheet for just under the highest paid compensation so they would't be giving up 4 1st rounders?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
1. Sign RFA's
2. Do nothing let the youngest team in the league build off the momentum we gained last year.

Seriously though everything we did last year we did without Horton. And everything we did in the playoffs we did without Horton and Umby. Now we're going into the off-season with damn near everyone healthy. Multiple new prospects will by trying for a spot when camp opens up. No need for trades or flashy signings.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
By my calculations if we sign Joey at 5.5 plus DMac and Erixon for 2.5 (combined) and add two cheap F's (Tropp & Skille, for ex.) or so combined we'll be right around 61 mill in cap.

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Ryan Johansen ($5.500m) / Nathan Horton ($5.300m)
Boone Jenner ($0.778m) / Artem Anisimov ($3.283m) / Nick Foligno ($3.083m)
Matt Calvert ($0.988m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Cam Atkinson ($1.150m)
Derek MacKenzie ($1.250m) / Mark Letestu ($1.250m) / Corey Tropp ($0.700m)
Jared Boll ($1.700m) / Jack Skille ($1.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
James Wisniewski ($5.500m) / Fedor Tyutin ($4.500m)
Jack Johnson ($4.357m) / Dalton Prout ($1.075m)
Ryan Murray ($0.894m) / Tim Erixon ($0.851m)
David Savard ($1.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($5.625m)
Curtis McElhinney ($0.600m)
BUYOUTS
Mike Commodore ($1.142m) Last year for this
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,975,976; BONUSES: $2,715,833
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $8,024,024

Next year we need to re-sign 7 FA's (in bold above). A lot depends on how much the cap goes up but it could be a concern next year. I think that this has to be considered when signing FA's. I estimate that next year we could be around 67 when/if all our FA's are re-signed. Depending on where the cap goes it would leave at most 8 mill and my guess it will be more like a 4-6 mill cushion.

I think guys like Stastny, Vanek, and sigh, Iggy, are out of the question now. Maybe a guy like Mason Raymond will fit but who knows. Plus the need to "leave" roster room next year for Wennberg, Rychel, et al has to be considered. Not to mention having some cap room at the trade deadline.

I'm pessimistic that we add anyone significant in free agency. Of course I'm usually wrong so there is that factor. :laugh:

Imo, a trade is our best hope to further strengthen the team at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad