2014 Canucks Training Camp (Mod Post 426)

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The Canucks announce 2014 Training Camp

When: September 17-22, 2014
Where:
Northview Golf and Country Club, Surrey (Jake Milford golf tournament and media availability)
Rogers Arena, Vancouver (Medical/physical testing and media availability)
Meadow Park Sports Centre, Whistler (Practice sessions and intra-squad scrimmage)

Release: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730317&navid=DL|VAN|home

Roster: http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/14.15 Season/Press_Release/2014_Main_Camp_Roster.pdf

Full Roster: http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/09/18/heres-the-full-2014-vancouver-canucks-training-camp-roster/

Schedule:
September 17 - Jake Milford Canucks Charity Invitational - 10:00AM
September 18 - Medical and physical testing / Media availability - 10:00AM
September 19 - Practice sessions - 1st group (9:10AM), 2nd group (10:40AM), 3rd group (12:10PM)
September 20 - Same as above
September 21 - Intra-squad scrimmage - 10:30AM
September 22 - Same as other practice sessions

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/511582044384944128
#Canucks Benning says 2 open spots at main camp (beyond the players under contract) up for grabs for those who stand out in Penticton

https://twitter.com/TSN1040/status/511582664269520898
Benning says the Canucks may consider bringing a veteran to camp on a PTO, depending on injury status of Cole Cassels

Edit: I just noticed that Horvat and Jensen aren't on the list of confirmed forwards going to training camp. I thought they would be guaranteed a spot.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No way Horvat and jensen wont make camp. That would be a giant **** show, no matter how bad they have been

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Either way, the Canucks really just need some young players to step up for pete's sake. Time for one of these kids to actually impress.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Only two spots open for youngstars? Wasn't it Benning himself who said you couldn't evaluate much about a prospect from this tournament?

Good to know that the organization is giving a free pass to the AHL bubble players and 4th line plugs that were acquired over the summer but have no space to invite their actual prospects. Way to go there. Change it is!

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Only two spots open for youngstars? Wasn't it Benning himself who said you couldn't evaluate much about a prospect from this tournament?

Good to know that the organization is giving a free pass to the AHL bubble players and 4th line plugs that were acquired over the summer but have no space to invite their actual prospects. Way to go there. Change it is!

Doesn't that basically imply that those under contract are given a "free pass" to main camp?

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
No way Horvat and jensen wont make camp. That would be a giant **** show, no matter how bad they have been

Horvat and Jensen are both under contract, of course they'll be there.

#Canucks Benning says 2 open spots at main camp (beyond the players under contract) up for grabs for those who stand out in Penticton

Not sure why everyone is freaking out about this...

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Two spots is all that most teams have available.
Frankly I'd be thrilled if two rookies play themselves onto the team.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Horvat and Jensen are both under contract, of course they'll be there.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out about this...

Yeah, I guess so. They also don't have Corrado listed on the training camp roster. Not sure why they did that...

Iridescent*

Doesn't that basically imply that those under contract are given a "free pass" to main camp?

High 1st round picks are given opportunities others aren't. That's just the reality of the situation.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Seems pointless to bring Subban or Humphies though, they haven't shown anything to lead us to believe they'll be more than a pylon at main camp. Valk looks ready to make somewhat of an impact, not sure who else falls into that category.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Seems pointless to bring Subban or Humphies though, they haven't shown anything to lead us to believe they'll be more than a pylon at main camp. Valk looks ready to make somewhat of an impact, not sure who else falls into that category.

Valk is the only one worth persisting with because it is either AHL or nothing, so see how he handles the pro game is worth doing before offering a contract.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Valk deserves an invite, IMO. I'd kind of like to see Utica extend him an offer so we can see what he's got in the AHL (maybe let him and Shinkaruk try to work up a bit if Medicine Hat Mojo?)

Of all the invites in Penticton, the only other one who merits a longer look is Lotz, IMO. The others all ranged from "meh" to "horrid".

EDIT: Also - I think it's a given our high value prospects are getting brought to main camp (Jensen, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, etc)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad