tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
BVrfjlg.gif

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Ryker??

Famous people shouldn't be able to name their own children.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
So, are there "official" results anywhere? Or do I have to watch the youtube of it?

Most accurate shooter: Daniel Sedin (4/5)
Fastest skater: Dale Weise (14.266 sec)
Hardest Shot: Jason Garrison (105.1 MPH)

Team blue beat team white by a total of 15-14

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I like it. It's one of the few original names that doesn't completely suck. It's actually quite bad-ass. Seems like he'd be a Norse God or something.

After Googling it, this came up:

Ryker
Popularity: this week.
Origin of Ryker: German
Meaning of Ryker: "rich"
Ryker's Popularity in 2012: #219

Looks like Kesler's expecting a big contract when his current one's up. :sarcasm:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
a big surprise for me is archibald's speed. a lot of faster than I thought he would be considering all the criticisms leveled at his poor skating. then again, the problem could just be his 1st couple of steps which is hard to gauge with this type of race.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
a big surprise for me is archibald's speed. a lot of faster than I thought he would be considering all the criticisms leveled at his poor skating. then again, the problem could just be his 1st couple of steps which is hard to gauge with this type of race.

Lots of players have great straight ahead speed but lack that in tight quickness/change of direction.

That's what really separates a great NHL skater from a good one. IMHO

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site

his speed and timing allows him to deliver big hits. the fact that has nice size, means he can developed to become quite a fore-checking force.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
"Healthy scratch" my foot! No wonder he hasn't been playing.

I think they're hiding an injury of his to prevent the volcano that is Vancouver's fan base from exploding.

Either that, or Torts is so mad he said "NO SOUP(erskills) FOR YOU!!" That Crazy New Yorker...

I call bs on the healthy scratch being due to an injury. Healthy scratches are worse for a players value than a couple games off for a muscle pull or the flu.
I also can't see a player skipping a big charity event due to a minor injury. Henrik was there. He just didn't do much, other than the scrimmage. Even Burrows and Luongo were there as coaches. And they're legitimately injured.

Booth not being there due to being "banged up", is nothing but a bad cover, or we'd have heard about it sooner. He clearly chose to skip the event for his own reasons. Which is strange, because it's a players only kind of event. Issues with coaches or management shouldn't be present, so the only people he's skipping out on are his teammates, the charities supported, and the fans that paid to see it.

I'm one of Booth's few supporters, but this doesn't look good on him.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I call bs on the healthy scratch being due to an injury. Healthy scratches are worse for a players value than a couple games off for a muscle pull or the flu.
I also can't see a player skipping a big charity event due to a minor injury. Henrik was there. He just didn't do much, other than the scrimmage. Even Burrows and Luongo were there as coaches. And they're legitimately injured.

Booth not being there due to being "banged up", is nothing but a bad cover, or we'd have heard about it sooner. He clearly chose to skip the event for his own reasons. Which is strange, because it's a players only kind of event. Issues with coaches or management shouldn't be present, so the only people he's skipping out on are his teammates, the charities supported, and the fans that paid to see it.

I'm one of Booth's few supporters, but this doesn't look good on him.

Maybe he jus't couldn't get off the toilet. If I were at superskills, I wouldn't care to look at a pale white Booth drifting around, shifting his eyes, cautiously testing his farts to see if they really are in gaseous form of not.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
When did Booth become "banged up?" IIRC, he was not playing the past few games due to being invisible and not hurt according to Coach Torts ......

I wouldn't second guess it too much. It would be a little absurd to scratch a guy from a skills competition. What kind of message does that send? We want you to wear a sillier hat?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad