2 - D Haydn Fleury
3 - D Ryan Murphy
4 - LW Brock McGinn
5 - C Victor Rask (won runoff)
6 - G Alex Nedeljkovic
7 - W Sergei Tolchinsk
8 - G Daniel Altshuller
9 - D Brett Pesce - 40%

so far much as expected, was honestly anticipating a bit closer last round but we'll see, we're starting to move towards that 3rd tier of prospects at this point.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
no clue how i managed to do that :laugh:

FWIW, I'm with Cardiac and Bleed on the Carrick train til he's off the board. Likely followed by Slavin, then PDG, McLovin, and Wallmark in some order.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Not enough people have been keepin' up w/Di Gi, I think he will be a real good player for us, if we don't mess him up.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I have a really good feeling about Carrick and his nhl potential. He was already a decent prospect and took such a big step forward this year. I feel confident in saying he will be an nhl'er in some capacity.

I've really enjoyed getting to watch him these past few seasons in Mississauga. Now there's not too much to be excited about with the steelheads unfortunately except Sean Day who was very lackluster last year in his first season of ohl play.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not enough people have been keepin' up w/Di Gi, I think he will be a real good player for us, if we don't mess him up.

I'd appreciate if you could give us some insight on him since you have been keeping up with him. I have only seen him play a couple of times, but he showed little to no development or improvement in scoring in his 3 years at Michigan, a few U-M fans I know said they had concerns about dedication and effort level, and his scoring pace at Michigan was nothing to write home about.

Since you have been keeping up with him, it would be great to get your input on him. He is a skilled guy and seems solidly built and showed some flashes in the dev't camp (from what I heard).

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think Phil should be off the board by now, I just feel the same way about carrick. I haven't agreed with the last few picks other than pesce who would be behind the other two but still in my top ten I think.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Based mainly what I read on here and other outlets (particularly after the top 5), my top 10 skaters would be:

1) Lindholm
2) Fleury
3) McGinn
4) Murhpy
5) Rask
6-8) Carrick/Pesce/Slavin (couldn't say which is above the other).
9) PDG
10) Tolchinsky

This would be based on a combination of ability/ceiling and chance of making it, as obviously there are other guys (such as Jordan) who are closer to making it than most of these guys.

Erik Karlsson is another guy that we likely under-rate on these boards simply because we never get to see him and don't know much about him. When he was here at one of the prospect camps, I noticed very good wheels and good skills (actually stood out over PGD in the two sessions I saw), but was very slight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad