Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part II* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 1/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think we all like the raw concept of 2k2 and think he has the talent and the tools to count 1+1, but whether he can develop the toolbox to get it done is something we'll need to wait a few years for.

nyr2k2 = Kreider ;)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It seems like Halverson and Tambellini have both quietly jumped out to pretty good starts…

6 points in 5 games in juniors in your last year of eligibility is nothing to write home about. I actually hope he picks it up the rest of the way.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
6 points in 5 games in juniors in your last year of eligibility is nothing to write home about. I actually hope he picks it up the rest of the way.

IMHO your expectations are somewhat excessive and probably influenced by home run picks in Duke and Butch. We need to keep in mind that Tambs is a 3rd round pick and he's starting his first full season in CHL. My expectations for him is to develop into a bottom 6 NHL forward who can bring size and physicality to a line up along with a sound defensive game and timely points. In this regard if he improves defensively and keeps a point+ per game average - he'd be on a good development track .

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
IMHO your expectations are somewhat excessive and probably influenced by home run picks in Duke and Butch. We need to keep in mind that Tambs is a 3rd round pick and he's starting his first full season in CHL. My expectations for him is to develop into a bottom 6 NHL forward who can bring size and physicality to a line up along with a sound defensive game and timely points. In this regard if he improves defensively and keeps a point+ per game average - he'd be on a good development track .

I don't think Beac's expectations are at all unreasonable. He's going to be 20 in less than a month and is 6'3", 185. He's playing in a league comprised mainly of players 16-19 that are smaller and more inexperienced (he did play two seasons of Junior A before last year's NCAA fiasco). Coming straight from NoDak last year, he posted 39 points in 31 games. He's still a raw prospect, but a guy that's 20 with his pedigree should post gaudy point totals in the Dub.

Why are you expecting that from Tambellini? I'm not being critical, but I'm legitimately curious. He's not particularly strong defensively, or really away from the puck at all. Also, despite his frame, he's not really that physical. What you're setting as your expectations for the guy sounds like pretty much the opposite of what he is (and what I think he was drafted to become).

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't think Beac's expectations are at all unreasonable. He's going to be 20 in less than a month and is 6'3", 185. He's playing in a league comprised mainly of players 16-19 that are smaller and more inexperienced (he did play two seasons of Junior A before last year's NCAA fiasco). Coming straight from NoDak last year, he posted 39 points in 31 games. He's still a raw prospect, but a guy that's 20 with his pedigree should post gaudy point totals in the Dub.

Why are you expecting that from Tambellini? I'm not being critical, but I'm legitimately curious. He's not particularly strong defensively, or really away from the puck at all. Also, despite his frame, he's not really that physical. What you're setting as your expectations for the guy sounds like pretty much the opposite of what he is (and what I think he was drafted to become).

I simply don't see him as a top 6 forward at NHL level. But he's got size and the defensive game can be developed if the prospect is willing.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Do we only own the rights to 16 players outside the AHL? Isn't that really few?

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006

We have a lot of guys in the AHL and we have four kids up with the big club right now (Duclair, Fast, Miller, Hayes).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Yes, that's not a lot. I brought this up earlier in the summer and was chastised for it. After this current wave, there isn't much depth left. Kristo, Fast, Lindberg, Miller, Hayes, Haggerty, McIlrath, Allen, Bodie, Bourque are all 21+ years old.

Duclair, Buch, Graves and Skjei are left. This is what happens when you trade away a lot of picks and sign NCAA kids. They are older.

Not saying it's a bad thing, just the fact of where the organization is.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Yes, that's not a lot. I brought this up earlier in the summer and was chastised for it. After this current wave, there isn't much depth left. Kristo, Fast, Lindberg, Miller, Hayes, Haggerty, McIlrath, Allen, Bodie, Bourque are all 21+ years old.

Duclair, Buch, Graves and Skjei are left. This is what happens when you trade away a lot of picks and sign NCAA kids. They are older.

Fortunately, you get to draft more of them every year. I fail to see how we have a problem when fitting in guys like Haggerty and Fast next year will take a crazy amount of lineup shuffling.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
After this current wave, there isn't much depth left. Kristo, Fast, Lindberg, Miller, Hayes, Haggerty, McIlrath, Allen, Bodie, Bourque are all 21+ years old.

Duclair, Buch, Graves and Skjei are left.

We need to turn over some of our AHL depth into 2015 picks - either mid-season or next off-season. Outside of Buch, Graves and Sjkei, the most exciting prospects are the 2 netminders - Halverson and Shestyerkin. Need to draft more high-skilled centers.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

I don't think 4 goals (6 points) in 5 games is a bad start for the beginning of his first full year in Calgary. I hope he's able to raise his game this year, and is ready to jump to the AHL next season - time will tell.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

I remember your post. I also remember my own similar post 3 years or so ago. Then Slats signed or acquired Zuccarello, John Moore, Hrivik, Hayes, Haggerty, Allen, Hughes, Bodie, Zamorsky, McCarthy. I think that seems to be the plan: acquire pro-ready prospects because they are lower risk.

The current crop of prospects gets us through the next few years: we cannot add Duke, Butcher, Hags 2.0, Fast and Hrivik to our wings at once. We cannot add Hayes, Miller and Lindberg at once at center. We cannot add McIlrath, Allen, Skjei at once on defense. By the time they are all infused, we will be able to draft and sign more kids, and hopefully some lower-tier prospects (Nieves, Ivy, Nej, Graves, Bodie, Zamorsky, Hughes, Noreau) step up above expectations. Not all of them, but maybe a couple.

Speaking of which, typing up these names made me realize just how much more we have on defense than offense.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
We need to turn over some of our AHL depth into 2015 picks - either mid-season or next off-season. Outside of Buch, Graves and Sjkei, the most exciting prospects are the 2 netminders - Halverson and Shestyerkin. Need to draft more high-skilled centers.

as i have mentioned before, with buchnevich looking solid and shesty seemingly in the pipeline as a future #1 type guy, the russian pipeline has reopened.

transfer agreement stuff and "lazy russian" anecdotal musings aside, ignore spoiled rotten kids like kiril kabanov and x ranger nik zherdev please :laugh:, i think we may be more active in looking for those russian kids who may be top first round talents and available after the top 25 or so picks.

thats where we will find our next great cnterman..... :naughty:

http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com/#!2015-ad/c24h5

Alexander Dergachev C - SKA[MHL]
h: 6'4 w: 201 dob: 27_sept_96

Scouting Report: Far away from fellow U18 and 2015 prospect Svechnikov in stats, but not in impression, Alexander Dergachev is load to handle pivot who packs skill in a massive frame. A polished skater already, Dergachev is strong, powerful, and boasts coordination rarely seen in a young guy with his size. He is a menace along the boards when he has the puck because he can protect it well and give opposition fits with strong cycling. In open space he has enough skill to stickhandle, and packs a heavy shot in his arsenal. He brings a hard nosed brand of hockey, as he finishes his checks hard and often. Not a defensive stalwart like most at this age, Dergachev backchecks hard and gives great effort in his own zone. A near guaranteed top 60 2015 prospect, Dergachev (just like Kamenev) will be more highly regarded by DraftBuzz.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I remember your post. I also remember my own similar post 3 years or so ago. Then Slats signed or acquired Zuccarello, John Moore, Hrivik, Hayes, Haggerty, Allen, Hughes, Bodie, Zamorsky, McCarthy. I think that seems to be the plan: acquire pro-ready prospects because they are lower risk.

The current crop of prospects gets us through the next few years: we cannot add Duke, Butcher, Hags 2.0, Fast and Hrivik to our wings at once.

Who is "Hags 2.0" that you keep referring to?

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
as i have mentioned before, with buchnevich looking solid and shesty seemingly in the pipeline as a future #1 type guy, the russian pipeline has reopened.

transfer agreement stuff and "lazy russian" anecdotal musings aside, ignore spoiled rotten kids like kiril kabanov and x ranger nik zherdev please :laugh:, i think we may be more active in looking for those russian kids who may be top first round talents and available after the top 25 or so picks.

thats where we will find our next great cnterman..... :naughty:

http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com/#!2015-ad/c24h5

Alexander Dergachev C - SKA[MHL]
h: 6'4 w: 201 dob: 27_sept_96

Scouting Report: Far away from fellow U18 and 2015 prospect Svechnikov in stats, but not in impression, Alexander Dergachev is load to handle pivot who packs skill in a massive frame. A polished skater already, Dergachev is strong, powerful, and boasts coordination rarely seen in a young guy with his size. He is a menace along the boards when he has the puck because he can protect it well and give opposition fits with strong cycling. In open space he has enough skill to stickhandle, and packs a heavy shot in his arsenal. He brings a hard nosed brand of hockey, as he finishes his checks hard and often. Not a defensive stalwart like most at this age, Dergachev backchecks hard and gives great effort in his own zone. A near guaranteed top 60 2015 prospect, Dergachev (just like Kamenev) will be more highly regarded by DraftBuzz.

from the little I've seen yes please :amazed:. Would be excellent in the 2nd or 3rd round. Anybody know rankings?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
from the little I've seen yes please :amazed:. Would be excellent in the 2nd or 3rd round. Anybody know rankings?

top 40 kid. and will rise. 1st rounder probably but top 40 for sure.

6'4 200+ center with nice wheels and a legit mean streak.

perhaps something like a prospect and our 2nd in 15 for a late 1st next year.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Nobody is giving us anything for Tarnasky, Chris Bourque or even Lombardi. If we can get even 7th rounders for them, we should do it, but I have my doubts about that.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Nobody is giving us anything for Tarnasky, Chris Bourque or even Lombardi. If we can get even 7th rounders for them, we should do it, but I have my doubts about that.

Yea, maybe Talbot around mid-season if you had enough confidence in Desjardins to back-up Henrik. Scrivens got a 3rd rounder last year… of course, you make that deal, then Henrik goes down and seasons over…

I'd like to see the NYR grab a few extra picks, but I don't really see it happening at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad