Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Every year Ranger fans worry about the cap, and every year the Rangers do just fine with it and keep their most important players and fill in the rest.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I really don't know if that's going to be the case this year, just crunching the numbers.

I guess it really depends on who you count as their "most important players."

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
It's going to be hard to fit everyone under cap, that's a given. My biggest gripe is with Zucc and Hags. I'd be upset if we lose either over keeping MSL. Marty has maybe 1-2 good season left in him, whereas Hags and Zucc would be useful for another 4-5 years plus more. I think getting rid of Staal would be a mistake. This offseason is going to interesting.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Every year Ranger fans worry about the cap, and every year the Rangers do just fine with it and keep their most important players and fill in the rest.

Not every year do you have a sluggish Canadian economy and a Canadian dollar that is dropping. When 33%+ of your revenue is tied to the above... yeah there is a reason to worry.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
One thing I'm certain on, unless we're packaging Staal for an upgrade at LHD, I keep him and let him walk as a UFA.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
According to their site, CapGeek has officially ceased operations

Effective immediately, Jan. 3, 2015, CapGeek.com has permanently ceased operations. This sudden decision is made with a heavy heart and is due to the personal health of CapGeek.com founder and director Matthew Wuest. While this decision may raise many questions, it is requested that you respect Matthew's privacy and wish for no media or purchase inquiries. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding at this difficult time.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's going to be hard to fit everyone under cap, that's a given. My biggest gripe is with Zucc and Hags. I'd be upset if we lose either over keeping MSL. Marty has maybe 1-2 good season left in him, whereas Hags and Zucc would be useful for another 4-5 years plus more. I think getting rid of Staal would be a mistake. This offseason is going to interesting.

you'd think it'd be a given, but some guys want to eat our young, with suggestions of moving Miller, a 15th OA, and even Kreider, for less than a substantial profit.

I am on record about hard choices of moving our lesser vets so we can both improve and have more $$ cap for our greater vets.

I believe the slow but steady acquisition of top prospects who have a good chance to lend dramatic dividends, while being replaced by youngsters from within, or promotion ie deal Girardi, promote Klein, add maybe a Pysyk, make more time for Miller, Fast, etc, and after dealing Zuc with Brass for top $ is long term strong, I'm thinking if Hall + can be had for Brass + Zuc, that is the way to go for now.

Look forward to hearing competition of ideas + naming hard choices on how to manage all vets, etc.

Much to do in the real world, til next time peace out

NYRangerFan*

you'd think it'd be a given, but some guys want to eat our young, with suggestions of moving Miller, a 15th OA, and even Kreider, for less than a substantial profit.

I am on record about hard choices of moving our lesser vets so we can both improve and have more $$ cap for our greater vets.

I believe the slow but steady acquisition of top prospects who have a good chance to lend dramatic dividends, while being replaced by youngsters from within, or promotion ie deal Girardi, promote Klein, add maybe a Pysyk, make more time for Miller, Fast, etc, and after dealing Zuc with Brass for top $ is long term strong, I'm thinking if Hall + can be had for Brass + Zuc, that is the way to go for now.

Look forward to hearing competition of ideas + naming hard choices on how to manage all vets, etc.

Much to do in the real world, til next time peace out

Hall for Brass and Zucc? Who replaces Brassard?

NYRangerFan*

That's what stood out to you most? Not his mention at the end of living in the REAL WORLD?

This is what i pictured when he said Zucc and Brass for Hall. A team with depth on the wings and lots of rookie centers.

Kreider-Stepan-St Louis
Hall-Hayes-Nash
Hagelin-Moore-Miller
Stempniak-Lindberg-Fast

Its just not a good idea. Reminds me of 12-13 when we had Gaborik and Nash in the top 6 and the rest were plug ins. Remember Powe, Asham, and Pyatt? :shakehead

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This is what i pictured when he said Zucc and Brass for Hall. A team with depth on the wings and lots of rookie centers.

Kreider-Stepan-St Louis
Hall-Hayes-Nash
Hagelin-Moore-Miller
Stempniak-Lindberg-Fast

Its just not a good idea. Reminds me of 12-13 when we had Gaborik and Nash in the top 6 and the rest were plug ins. Remember Powe, Asham, and Pyatt? :shakehead

Man, I've seen some scrubs on the Rangers team in the last 5 years. Wolski, Rupp, Asham, Powe, Pyatt, Christensen (one-trick pony on shootouts), Lisin, Voros, Boogaard, Mashinter, Ferriero...

NYRangerFan*

Man, I've seen some scrubs on the Rangers team in the last 5 years. Wolski, Rupp, Asham, Powe, Pyatt, Christensen (one-trick pony on shootouts), Lisin, Voros, Boogaard, Mashinter, Ferriero...

Its actually funny that some of these guys got regular shifts on the the team. Add Glass to that list too btw. Brashear too.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Hamrlik!

I was pretty excited when he joined the team, until he was actually on the ice in a NHL playoff game...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Give Duclair a real last chance to prove himself:

Duke-Brass-Nash
Miller-Step-MSL
Kreider-Hayes-Zucc
Hagelin-Moore-Fast/Stempniak

All lines could more or less be GWers. I think Miller would do real well — and learn a ton — from playing with Step and MSL. I would like to see Kreider with Hayes, and Zucc, and as much as possible in front of Moore-Boyle. If that line/unit works out, it could give the other team match-up nightmares. Hags way too good for 4th line duties, but these lines don't have numbers in that sense. All should play the same more or less 5 on 5. Pittsburgh could add all the Perrons they want, the lines above would give quality over 60 minutes.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009

We've also never been this tight. We might've lost a depth player here and there but there is a chance we lose a key player (Staal) because of it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Give Duclair a last chance to prove himself:

Duke-Brass-Nash
Miller-Step-MSL
Kreider-Hayes-Zucc
Hagelin-Moore-Fast/Stempniak

There is no way I'd be breaking up Brass/Zucca/Nash line. The future is bright for Duclair it's just not his time right now.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We've also never been this tight. We might've lost a depth player here and there but there is a chance we lose a key player (Staal) because of it.

That would only be because they don't feel he's worth the 6M.. Stepan and Staal should be the top 2 targets.. MSL and Zucc after, and Hagelin way down the line.. Having Duclair, Hayes, Miller, and Fast all in the lineup will help alot

BarbaraAlphanse

Someone is not being moved to wing

Was just about to question our interest in someone like Vermette after reading that tweet earlier. Perhaps their target will be a better 6th D rather than a bonafide 3c.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Another D should be priority over C regardless of what AV's plans are for Hayes but if the Rangers continue to get mauled in the dot you can bet they'll do what they can to fill both holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad