Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Been refreshing the AHL transactions page all morning. Thinking they might not make an official move until they have clear cut timetables on Klein and McD?

SupersonicMonkey*

Kristo is 24 and will be a UFA in the summer.

Allen is already 24.

Losing Miller, Fast, and Linberg for two guys that could help us win a Cup...

Buchnevich, Duclair, Hayes are far ahead of any of them. And there is limited space on an NHL roster. Don't see the issue in sacrificing a couple of decent, not great, prospects for two pieces that could end up being integral parts to a Stanley Cup run.

Haggerty > Kristo
Hayes > Lindberg
Duclair > Fast
Buchnevich > all of them
Skjei > Allen

Miller

I don't see this supposed annihilation of the prospect pool.

If Sekera and Vermette could be had for less, then more power to us.

We also have to subtract Glass's cap hit, and have to pay someone to do it.

Keep draft picks and use them to replenish the depth in the system.

Are Lindberg, Fast, Kristo, and Allen turning this club into a contender? They can't crack the lineup or in Fast's case hold a spot down over the likes of Glass, Malone, or Mueller...

SupersonicMonkey*

You hold onto the players that can make your team better.

The rest you use as trade chips to add parts that can help your team.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Been refreshing the AHL transactions page all morning. Thinking they might not make an official move until they have clear cut timetables on Klein and McD?

Do you think we would sign Jamie McBain out of desperation? Either as a 7th dman or for Hartford? Didn't he just sign a PTO with an AHL team?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Do u think we have enough time to make a trade and get the guy in before Monday night?

When they made the Gaborik and Clowe trades, all of them were in the lineup that night. That game was ****ing glorious when they all just took a big, steaming dump all over Pittsburgh. Definitely one of my favorite games in recent years.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Too expensive in terms of assets.

I was more talking of another depth guy for cheap

Yeah i follow. I'm saying if Sekera costs too much, we should look into Giordano...

If he is indeed underrated, he won't cost as much as a coveted asset

BarbaraAlphanse

Sekera fits the mold of this defense better than someone like Staal. Just saying.

Sekera would make sense both in terms of this year... and moving forward.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Sekera fits the mold of this defense better than someone like Staal. Just saying.

Sekera would make sense both in terms of this year... and moving forward.

I agree. Especially if they think McIlrath and Skjei project as defensive dmen moving forward. Girardi is a defensive guy. Klein is too.

BarbaraAlphanse

I agree. Especially if they think McIlrath and Skjei project as defensive dmen moving forward. Girardi is a defensive guy. Klein is too.

I'd think if Sekera was really attainable and we were heavily discussing getting him over here we'd be looking at one of two packages:

1) Miller, someone on the current roster, and perhaps a lesser prospect. I.e. Miller, J. Moore, and Ryan Haggerty or Danny Kristo.

or

2) Staal and getting Sekera plus another piece back from them.

I would think that scenario #1 makes A LOT more sense given the current state of our defensive corps. But had everyone been healthy, I'd have preferred scenario 2. And I love Staal as a player.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd think if Sekera was really attainable and we were heavily discussing getting him over here we'd be looking at one of two packages:

1) Miller, someone on the current roster, and perhaps a lesser prospect. I.e. Miller, J. Moore, and Ryan Haggerty or Danny Kristo.

or

2) Staal and getting Sekera plus another piece back from them.

I would think that scenario #1 makes A LOT more sense given the current state of our defensive corps. But had everyone been healthy, I'd have preferred scenario 2. And I love Staal as a player.

What would the other piece be though? Do you think we get another roster player to fill out the bottom 6, or do we go for a prospect? Someone mentioned Brett Pesce in another thread, and he sounds like he could be a solid target.

BarbaraAlphanse

What would the other piece be though? Do you think we get another roster player to fill out the bottom 6, or do we go for a prospect? Someone mentioned Brett Pesce in another thread, and he sounds like he could be a solid target.

I dunno, haven't scouted their team much or kept up to date with who is in their farm.

Sekura I have seen a bunch, though. He would be good for this system. But Staal should have more value than him, based on name and pedigree alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad