2014-2015 General Wild Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Wow that is an amazing deal, especially for the final regular season home game.

Yeah, I was surprised they had the offer available for such a big division game. It is on a Monday, so maybe they're just trying to get people to go to the weekday games, but I also think they're trying to fill the arena with as many Wild fans as possible to counter the traveling Jets fans. The offer was shown on FSN during the Avs game last Sunday, so they might be banking on a minimal number of Jets fans seeing the offer and more Wild fans taking it before word gets out.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I am less concerned about Dubnyk's fatigue and significantly more concerned about walking into the playoffs with a backup who hasn't played in months. That's just a terrible, terrible idea and asking for major trouble.

Kuemper needs to play so he is playoff ready in case he has to play. The Wild just need to suck it up, be professions, and play as well in front of Kuemper as they do in front of Dubnyk.

Backstrom is not a viable option at this point. Sorry buddy.

My thoughts exactly. We need to get Kuemper some ice time and soon.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I am less concerned about Dubnyk's fatigue and significantly more concerned about walking into the playoffs with a backup who hasn't played in months. That's just a terrible, terrible idea and asking for major trouble.

Kuemper needs to play so he is playoff ready in case he has to play. The Wild just need to suck it up, be professions, and play as well in front of Kuemper as they do in front of Dubnyk.

Backstrom is not a viable option at this point. Sorry buddy.

I would agree they need the backup to play at least SOME games here.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I think they need to play Kuemper in a tough game, like St. Louis or Anaheim.

If they play him vs. an inferior team and he loses, they will be stuck. No shame losing to a quality opponent.

He is still a big part of out future I believe, very similar to Dubnyk in a lot of ways.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i want to see him play just to see how the team plays in front of him right away. if they try to protect him we're screwed.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Note: the discussion about Finnish cities has been moved to the OT thread. :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/s...oaltender-devan-dubnyk-finds-a-home.html?_r=1

"Last season, Dubnyk went 10 weeks without seeing his wife, Jennifer, or Nathaniel. Zach Parise, the team’s leading scorer, made sure that would not happen this time. Parise is selling a home in suburban Minneapolis, but took it off the market so Dubnyk and his family could live there for the rest of the season."

Yep.

Parise is awesome.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/s...oaltender-devan-dubnyk-finds-a-home.html?_r=1

"Last season, Dubnyk went 10 weeks without seeing his wife, Jennifer, or Nathaniel. Zach Parise, the team’s leading scorer, made sure that would not happen this time. Parise is selling a home in suburban Minneapolis, but took it off the market so Dubnyk and his family could live there for the rest of the season."

Yep.

It's little things like this that will make it easy to re-sign him after the season, assuming he keeps it up.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Went to the Sharks - Nashville game last night. Boy do those two teams look not good right now.

That means the Wild need to keep the pressure on to jump the Hawks. Otherwise we are lining up to play the Blues in the first round.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Went to the Sharks - Nashville game last night. Boy do those two teams look not good right now.

That means the Wild need to keep the pressure on to jump the Hawks. Otherwise we are lining up to play the Blues in the first round.

You think the Ducks will pass St. Louis in points? They're already tied, but the Blues have two fewer games played.

The whole western playoff bracket is a mess right now. Everything is so tight it's hard to say who we'll end up playing since a few games could completely change the entire landscape. If playoffs started now, we'd be against the Ducks (not the worst thing in the world); but if we lose tonight, we'd be lined up with the Blues -- unless we fall back to the 2nd WC spot in which case we're back to the Ducks. Even if we pass Chicago, there's no guarantee Nashville will keep derping it up and stay in that #2 spot.

Ugh. What a mess.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
So, Calgary and LA are on pace for 96 (and change) points, Winnipeg is on pace for 94 and change.

So we really just have to beat Winnipeg. San Jose is still kinda hanging around but I don't see them making it.

If we can find 9 wins out of our last 15 I think we're definitely safe. Although I feel like 8 wins would do it, too.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Do teams try to not win games towards the end of the season to manipulate who they play in the playoffs?

It probably does happen in the NHL, it definitely happens in MLB. The Yankees tried to lose games at the end of 2010 to get a better match up, against the weak minded Twins. Their GM Brian Cashman said it himself.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So, Calgary and LA are on pace for 96 (and change) points, Winnipeg is on pace for 94 and change.

So we really just have to beat Winnipeg. San Jose is still kinda hanging around but I don't see them making it.

If we can find 9 wins out of our last 15 I think we're definitely safe. Although I feel like 8 wins would do it, too.

Man, if 99 points doesn't get you into the playoffs, I don't know what to say. 8 wins should definitly do it (or 16 points, I guess we could go 6-5-4 or something and still do it).

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Man, if 99 points doesn't get you into the playoffs, I don't know what to say. 8 wins should definitly do it (or 16 points, I guess we could go 6-5-4 or something and still do it).

If we can get 95 points, I'm satisfied. Not much else you can do. 95 points is a good season and where we were about 2 months ago, I couldn't complain.

I still think we can hit triple digits though.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If we can get 95 points, I'm satisfied. Not much else you can do. 95 points is a good season and where we were about 2 months ago, I couldn't complain.

I still think we can hit triple digits though.

What's the most we've ever had? Don't think we've ever hit 100, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad