SHL: 2014-15 SHL General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Great game last night. Can't believe Wentzel doesn't have a contract for next season.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Mike Helber is at it again: – Klart man hellre vill ha upp Malmö eller VästerÃ¥s. Lag frÃ¥n större städer med stark hockeytradition. Där passar Karlskrona inte *riktigt in, säger han.
Hur skulle KHK klara sig i SHL, tror du?
– Jag är inte ute efter att attackera Karlskrona, de har gjort en fantastisk resa och slÃ¥r de VIK förtjänar de att gÃ¥ upp. Men… lÃ¥ngsiktigt kommer de ha jättesvÃ¥rt att hävda sig, säger Helber.

I don't know on what facts he bases his opinon on.

Translation: "You'd rather have Malmö or Västerås in the SHL. Teams from bigger cities and hockey strongholds. Karlskrona isn't quite that. I don't want to bash Karlskrona, they've made a terrific journey and would deserve a promotion if they beat Västerås. However, they would have a hard time to compete in the long run."

Last edited by a moderator:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Mike Helber is at it again: – Klart man hellre vill ha upp Malmö eller Västerås. Lag från större städer med stark hockeytradition. Där passar Karlskrona inte *riktigt in, säger han.
– Jag är inte ute efter att attackera Karlskrona, de har gjort en fantastisk resa och slår de VIK förtjänar de att gå upp. Men… långsiktigt kommer de ha jättesvårt att hävda sig, säger Helber.

Vilken pajas.

I hope KHK makes it, and VIK too, by beating Rögle in the next round.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Vilken pajas.

I hope KHK makes it, and VIK too, by beating Rögle in the next round.

As always.

Yeah, it would be fun with KHK in the SHL, just to mess up the perfect little world of Mike Helber & CO. Maybe Björklöven, Karlskoga or Mora as well? :D

VIK would be nice since I live in Västerås and don't get to see Frölunda live that much.

Stiltzkin*

Brynäs beats Färjestad

it's a sad day to be a Färjestad fan, since they missed the playoffs for the first time in 20years(or was it 21?)
however, this gives the team a great opportunity to rebuild and maybe focus a little more on their youthprograms :)

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Things have been feistier than expected in all the series, I'd say. Maybe not the LHC-HV series, but ÖHK-VLH turned it up a notch in game 2 as well.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The first LHC-HV game was very entertaining, why does it have to be such a big difference between the regular season & playoffs?

Stiltzkin*

I guess we should congratulate Karlskrona for joining the big boys :)
Now, they have to attract sponsors and investors to build a team to cement their place in the SHL
and to rebuild their arena so it'll meet the SHL demands.

I'm not too familiar with Karlskrona though so maybe someone could tell me what corporations
they have down there that might be willing to put in alotta money? :)

Mike Helber is at it again: – Klart man hellre vill ha upp Malmö eller Västerås. Lag från större städer med stark hockeytradition. Där passar Karlskrona inte *riktigt in, säger han.
– Jag är inte ute efter att attackera Karlskrona, de har gjort en fantastisk resa och slår de VIK förtjänar de att gå upp. Men… långsiktigt kommer de ha jättesvårt att hävda sig, säger Helber.

Translation: "You'd rather have Malmö or Västerås in the SHL. Teams from bigger cities and hockey strongholds. Karlskrona isn't quite that. I don't want to bash Karlskrona, they've made a terrific journey and would deserve a promotion if they beat Västerås. However, they would have a hard time to compete in the long run."

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I guess we should congratulate Karlskrona for joining the big boys :)
Now, they have to attract sponsors and investors to build a team to cement their place in the SHL
and to rebuild their arena so it'll meet the SHL demands.

I'm not too familiar with Karlskrona though so maybe someone could tell me what corporations
they have down there that might be willing to put in alotta money? :)

The only big one is Telenor I think? Otherwise it'd have to be a team effort, but that's true about most of the cities outside of the big three I suppose. Their challenge will be to "eat up" the other clubs around there who have their own teams at lower levels and make them KHK cities, Kallinge/Ronneby, Mörrum, Tingsryd, Olofström.. but that will be a huge challenge.

Lif

Nov 3, 2013
That 5 game suspension on Abbott is quite weird if you ask me. Johnson cruisin' around with his leg out and Abbott trying to tackle him does not feel suspension worthy to me at least.

Loving the match-ups so far though! Except perhaps BIK - SAIK, that one was pretty lopsided. :)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
That 5 game suspension on Abbott is quite weird if you ask me. Johnson cruisin' around with his leg out and Abbott trying to tackle him does not feel suspension worthy to me at least.

Loving the match-ups so far though! Except perhaps BIK - SAIK, that one was pretty lopsided. :)

Agree. Johnson was putting himself in a really bad position, it was mainly his fault.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Agree. Johnson was putting himself in a really bad position, it was mainly his fault.

Agreed, and even without assigning blame to Johnson, it's a clean hit attempted, he leans in with his shoulder, and the player escaped (almost), no malicious intent. The biggest joke with discipline in Sweden is that the injury is all that matters, if Johnson plays the next shift there would be nothing.

Morten

May 24, 2014
1 hour before puck-drop SHL announces Abbott is no longer suspended, honestly its a joke and I'd like to see the response from Frölunda if abbott scores the winning goal lol

Jonteeh

Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
1 hour before puck-drop SHL announces Abbott is no longer suspended, honestly its a joke and I'd like to see the response from Frölunda if abbott scores the winning goal lol

It was a tackle not worthy of a suspension, so the suspension in it self was a joke.

I hope Chris score the GWG so i can bathe in tears. Luleå mot Sverige!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
So the league structure for next season has officially been presented

1. Quarter finals
2. Quarter finals
3. Quarter finals
4. Quarter finals
5. Quarter finals
6. Quarter finals
------------------------
7. Eight finals
8. Eight finals
9. Eight finals
10. Eight finals
------------------------
11. Season over
12. Season over
------------------------
13. Plays a relegation round against the second team from HockeyAllsvenskan
14. Plays a relegation round against the best team from HockeyAllsvenskan

- - - - -

I like the structure and the "Play in" (aka Eight finals) is more fit for a league with 14 teams. However, I think it would also be good if they had that team 1-8 goes to the quarter finals, 9-10 are done for the season and 11-14 plays a play out round where the two losing teams play against the teams from HockeyAllsvenskan

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
In Stockholm from the 7th-9th April.

Noticed that Skellefetea are playing Linkopings and the first four games will finish on the 3rd.

Is there a chance that they'll be at home on one of those days?

Edit:

Ignore me. They play elsewhere. Saw the AIK bit.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
There is a potential game 6 in Linköping (it's less than 2h by train from Stockholm) on the 7th. But it's obviously too early to say if that game will be played at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad