2014/15 Regular Season Starting!

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
It's go time!

The HFNHL season will kick off on Monday November 10th. It's been pushed back a couple days to allow teams who are over/under the cap to set their lines before penalties start kicking in. The home page has been updated to link to all the regular season files again so you can download the client file and access the index page as usual.

Few other housekeeping items...

EDIT...
New (OLD) Client File
We WERE moving to a new Sim version but are being forced to revert back to 2.2.4 due to the below mentioned Wade Redden rule that we don't use. If you don't have a copy of the 2.2.4 client anymore I put a copy on Dropbox and you can get it here...

Windows:https://www.dropbox.com/s/m07ue78e9xmmi5j/STHS-V2-Client-2-2-4.zip?dl=0
Mac: http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFiles.php?id=STHS-V2-Client-Mono-2-2-4.zip

Cap Violators
Sunday Morning edit after reverting back to 2.2.4....
[2014-11-09 8:25:33 AM] - Sabres are expected to be over the salary cap by $2,275,014!
[2014-11-09 8:25:33 AM] - Panthers are expected to be over the salary cap by $1,374,960!
[2014-11-09 8:25:33 AM] - Kings are expected to be over the salary cap by $2,099,430!
[2014-11-09 8:25:33 AM] - Jets are expected to be under the minimum salary cap by $317,592!
[2014-11-09 8:25:33 AM] - Capitals are expected to be under the minimum salary cap by $1,269,912!
[2014-11-09 8:25:33 AM] - Blues are expected to be over the salary cap by $2,049,210!
[2014-11-09 8:05:58 AM] - Panthers are expected to be over the salary cap by $1,374,960!
[2014-11-09 8:05:58 AM] - Sabres are expected to be over the salary cap by $2,275,014!

Sim Schedule
I've come up with a schedule that will see us match the NHL by December 1st. I've done my best to make sure nobody plays three games in the days where we run a triple header. It's available in an Excel file if you'd like to try figuring out my mess...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncewoq7qn47jub1/2014-15 Sim Schedule.xlsx?dl=0

Last edited:

Regal Beagles

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks guys for all the hard work.

I cant open the 2.2.6 so have used the 2.2.4 and it appears to have worked.

Anyone else with a problem with it? says not a valid WIN32 application.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Could we get an update on the finances page with the farm players not counting towards the cap?

This option is turned off within the Sim so I'm not sure why it's counting. I'll look into it tomorrow to see if I can find an answer. Might have to go back to an older version of the Sim I guess. This version has the setting renamed but it's meant to function the same way as before.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Could we get an update on the finances page with the farm players not counting towards the cap?

Some quick reading and this is how Simon intended it to work in 2.2.6. Called the Wade Redden rule. One-way contracts (what we use) now count against the cap regardless of pro or farm. Here's how Cap Geek explains it:

BURIED CONTRACTS (Wade Redden Rule)
Money paid to players outside of the NHL counts against the cap.
A one-way contract counts against the cap as follows:
cap hit – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]
Example: If Player A with cap hit $6.5M plays in the minors in 2013-14, he counts as follows.
$6.5M – [ $550,000 + $375,000 ] = $5.575M
A two-way contract counts as follows:
minor-league salary – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]
Example: Player B’s two-way contract pays $3M/$1M in 2013-14 and counts as follows in the minors.
$1M – [ $550,000 + $375,000 ] = $75,000

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/new-cba

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I was able to change back to 2.2.4 and it has corrected the Finance page salary cap issue the Wade Redden rule caused us to have.

Updated outputs have been uploaded to the site and I have edited the original post with new details about the client file and who's over/under the cap right now.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Jets lines uploaded.
We are now compliant with the cap after the reversion to 2.2.4.

Thanks to SimGod and the admin staff for all the hard work during the off-season.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Blues lines updated - back on side in terms of the cap. It would seem Leopold sneaks up to the main team every chance he can get someway, somehow!? :dunno:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Jeff, any idea on what is happening with my lines? All preseason they seem to be done is some strange auto-lines manner, despite submitting them, and whatever I do, they never seem to stick. My roster moves were updated, with Leopold being sent down, but my lines remain a mess, with no line in tact and several "Unknown player" entries. Marty St. Louis can't seem to make his way into the line-up, and many other guys at the wrong positions.

I resubmitted the lines yet again, so let me know if there is something I'm doing wrong. Lines always show as "complete" when I submit them. Perhaps it was because I was using 2.4.4 all along?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Jeff, any idea on what is happening with my lines? All preseason they seem to be done is some strange auto-lines manner, despite submitting them, and whatever I do, they never seem to stick. My roster moves were updated, with Leopold being sent down, but my lines remain a mess, with no line in tact and several "Unknown player" entries. Marty St. Louis can't seem to make his way into the line-up, and many other guys at the wrong positions.

I resubmitted the lines yet again, so let me know if there is something I'm doing wrong. Lines always show as "complete" when I submit them. Perhaps it was because I was using 2.4.4 all along?

Check you are uploading the right file as well Nick. Seems like a few GM's are still using 2.4.4 from the transactions file so I don't think that should be a problem

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Check you are uploading the right file as well Nick. Seems like a few GM's are still using 2.4.4 from the transactions file so I don't think that should be a problem

Yeah, that was my first thought. Definitely uploading the right file as far as I can tell. I always check the time saved on the file to be sure.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Yeah, that was my first thought. Definitely uploading the right file as far as I can tell. I always check the time saved on the file to be sure.

We're back to HFNHL.stc now so to start make sure you aren't loading HFNHL-PRE.stc.

After that, are you using the Copy All Rosters and Copy All Lines functions? If not the changes you make would only be for one game before reverting back.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
We're back to HFNHL.stc now so to start make sure you aren't loading HFNHL-PRE.stc.

After that, are you using the Copy All Rosters and Copy All Lines functions? If not the changes you make would only be for one game before reverting back.

Makes sense about copy all roster and all lines, but just don't understand why my lines weren't being loaded. Let me know if they don't work this time around. Thanks, Jeff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad