Recalled/Assigned: 2014-15 Recall/Assignment Thread - Oct 9: Leivo/Bodie Sent Down

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We had one of these last season, saves a thread being made for every move.

October 9th:

@mirtle: Leafs sent Bodie down. Was only ever with team on paper. Now at a 22-man roster that can accommodate Franson coming back on weekend.

@jonasTSN1050: Leafs send Josh Leivo back to the Marlies.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I like it. Bodie and Leivo should be in the AHL or, in Bodie's case, maybe a 13th forward. I think trading Frattin AND Ashton would be a good idea (get some decent picks/prospects and maybe if we can move McLaren in there too it would be good) once Booth comes back with Panik is the 13th and Bodie/Orr the 14th forward. Frattin and Ashton are still guys who are able to play bottom 6, and there are some teams that could use some cost effective guys. If you look at Frattin and Ashton's cap to production ratio, it's a pretty good deal for someone to pick them up for a mid-round pick (Ashton) or busting prospect (Frattin).

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I like it. Bodie and Leivo should be in the AHL or, in Bodie's case, maybe a 13th forward. I think trading Frattin AND Ashton would be a good idea (get some decent picks/prospects and maybe if we can move McLaren in there too it would be good) once Booth comes back with Panik is the 13th and Bodie/Orr the 14th forward. Frattin and Ashton are still guys who are able to play bottom 6, and there are some teams that could use some cost effective guys. If you look at Frattin and Ashton's cap to production ratio, it's a pretty good deal for someone to pick them up for a mid-round pick (Ashton) or busting prospect (Frattin).

This is a really good year to pick-up mid round picks and maybe get lucky in a deep draft!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This is a really good year to pick-up mid round picks and maybe get lucky in a deep draft!

Maybe that's why we picked up guys like Frattin, etc...

Maybe Nonis actually does know what he's doing (if he was involved in it).

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Maybe that's why we picked up guys like Frattin, etc...

Maybe Nonis actually does know what he's doing (if he was involved in it).

It's definitely a good risk-on-return to get good depth players on cheap 1 year deals. When you have an abundance of 4/5/6 round picks it enables you to take gambles

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
It's a numbers game much like Anders Lee for the Islanders. Leivo is not subject to waivers as opposed to Frattin, Ashton and newly acquire Panik

Leafs can't afford not to ice the best possible twelve forwards regardless of contract status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad