Prospect Info: 2014/15 OKC Barons Thread 2: Gerry Fleming Named Head Coach of the Condors

Status
Not open for further replies.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
If I were the oilers I will not call up Lander till March. He is much faster than last year, i don't know if that's good enough for NHL yet. He works hard and do little things right. Him and Williams are the most dependable centres we have. Williams helps Lander and others on Face offs too. Pitlick playing good now same may applies to Curtis Hamilton. Pitlick may see few games with Edmonton very soon. Curtis Hamilton came with year with much better attitude and work ethic, but not enough for a call up yet.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I think Lander should be given a shot, but I don't mind Arco. He is out there trying every game and he plays a smart game defensively. Always seems to be the guy covering for his teammates.

Lander hasnt given up his Nhl dream yet, it seems.
Lets see next season if he falls for a Khl bid and earn some bucks, he isnt pure young anymore..

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
If I were the oilers I will not call up Lander till March. He is much faster than last year, i don't know if that's good enough for NHL yet. He works hard and do little things right. Him and Williams are the most dependable centres we have. Williams helps Lander and others on Face offs too. Pitlick playing good now same may applies to Curtis Hamilton. Pitlick may see few games with Edmonton very soon. Curtis Hamilton came with year with much better attitude and work ethic, but not enough for a call up yet.

If we end up sending Draisaitl down at the halfway mark, as some have suggested, who do you think we should bring up between Lander and Williams? Since this is another write-off season, I see merit to bringing up Lander and giving him yet another try while letting Williams be a veteran presence on the farm.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
If we end up sending Draisaitl down at the halfway mark, as some have suggested, who do you think we should bring up between Lander and Williams? Since this is another write-off season, I see merit to bringing up Lander and giving him yet another try while letting Williams be a veteran presence on the farm.
Jason Williams is much better than Lander at this point. Unfortunately Jason has AHL only contract now. Williams never takes a shift off, work hard every shift, he came from winning culture. I remember in Detroit he was centering Holmstrom and Franzen. And in Chicago he was playing with Ladd.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Sounds like some heart transplants from the AHL squad to this NHL team would be a good move.

Too bad the waiver rules essentially limit movement so much... a few NHL bodies could stand to see some time in OKC and some deserving players could come up from the farm team.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Sounds like some heart transplants from the AHL squad to this NHL team would be a good move.

Too bad the waiver rules essentially limit movement so much... a few NHL bodies could stand to see some time in OKC and some deserving players could come up from the farm team.

I think we've seen enough over the last few years to know that the Oilers AHL players are only capable of making an impact in the AHL.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
Strong game by Bachman tonight earning a shutout. Jason Williams with OT winner. I thought it was strange to scratch Lain tonight vs his former team. Oesterle with strong game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Curtis Hamilton quietly having a decent season so far.

Showing more offense than he's every shown at this level...although he is essentially an AHL vet now so he should be showing that offense if he ever has any hope of reaching the NHL.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
Strong game by Bachman tonight earning a shutout. Jason Williams with OT winner. I thought it was strange to scratch Lain tonight vs his former team. Oesterle with strong game.

Byers hinted at an apparent undisclosed injury for Lain, haven't heard any specifics though. Oesterle is definitely playing with lots of confidence.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah it's mind boggling to me how the AHL team can be so good yet the NHL team is so damn bad.

They're playing the same system too.

Ugh.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
One team plays with heart, the other doesn't.
OKC hasn't been this good this early in the season before, nice to see for a change.

DakrSnooze

Aug 27, 2011
Whitehorse
What kind of contract is Todd Nelson signed too? I remember him talking about wanting to get back to the big leagues but I love having him in OKC.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Swap coaches for a while... who cares what Eakins thinks... he still gets his salary so what's it matter.

Eakins would get perspective on how the AHL prospects are playing with heart and Nelson would possibly instill some of that heart and emotion they are playing with down there in OKC.

I think it would be a legitimate bold move... if players can be sent up and down... why not coaches?

Seems like Nelson is performing well and we know Eakins is doing poorly and getting nothing out of this squad... so why not make that move?

What's the worst that happens... Oilers continue to lose? Season is lost anyway long ago so try something different and see if it can make a positive change.

If MacT and everyone else is preaching accountability... it makes sense to make that coaching swap.

It's too sensible and logical so of course it won't be done.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I don't think Todd Nelson is the guy to take the Oilers to the promised land, but I'm quite certain he would have them out of the bottom 8 in 1 season or less.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't think Todd Nelson is the guy to take the Oilers to the promised land, but I'm quite certain he would have them out of the bottom 8 in 1 season or less.

I really wouldn't be so sure about that. Eakins may be a bad coach but this team is still toxic at its core and it would take a massive improvement for them to get out of the bottom 8.

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
He might not get them out of the bottom 8 on 1 year or less, but do you think there's a chance he could get them out of the bottom 1 in 8 years or less?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I love what Nelson has done, before he came along we were lost. However I wouldn't be so quick to assume he'd do well in the NHL, Eakins was a pretty good AHL coach too.

He sure knows how to motivate players but then again it's a different world in the AHL. Remember how the Barons actually improved after the lockout? Schultz and the current Oilers top line scored points but they didn't play a complete game.

Good to see the Barons winning though. I don't buy the idea that they should pump up draft picks minutes, having a winning culture and earning your spot is far more important. If our scouts are worth anything there would be draft picks playing key roles based on merit. If Hall and Eberle had to earn their ice time in 2010 we wouldn't be last place in 2014.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah it's mind boggling to me how the AHL team can be so good yet the NHL team is so damn bad.

They're playing the same system too.

Ugh.

Oh don't you worry, I will personally guarantee the oilers find a way to **** this up. OKC will not make the playoffs this year, the oilers will systematically call up each and every member of that team and instill upon them the 6 ring succubus only to send them back to OKC where they can disseminate the venom throughout the locker room. Its already happening, Pitlick is the first of many to come.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
Bob Stauffer made a statement yesterday's show where he said that Moroz is not getting enough ice time, where as Matt Ford is getting more ice time, therefore he is blaming Todd Nelson for the development of prospects. In other words he is blaming Todd Nelson about Moroz's development.

I totally disagree on this statement. Matt Ford and Moroz played same amount of games which is 16, where Ford has 12 points and Mitch has 1 pt. Yea ice times are the factor, but if a player is undisciplined both on and off the ice, why would you give him that much ice time? After all Todd's job is have a winning team and be accountable for the player's actions. Maybe Moroz needs to have some discipline such as not going to playhouse club the night before the game night.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
Bob Stauffer made a statement yesterday's show where he said that Moroz is not getting enough ice time, where as Matt Ford is getting more ice time, therefore he is blaming Todd Nelson for the development of prospects. In other words he is blaming Todd Nelson about Moroz's development.

I totally disagree on this statement. Matt Ford and Moroz played same amount of games which is 16, where Ford has 12 points and Mitch has 1 pt. Yea ice times are the factor, but if a player is undisciplined both on and off the ice, why would you give him that much ice time? After all Todd's job is have a winning team and be accountable for the player's actions. Maybe Moroz needs to have some discipline such as not going to playhouse club the night before the game night.

It really doesn't matter what you do with Mitch Moroz, he was a reach when they picked him and continues to be a long shot. 3-4 years time, he'll be just another alex plante and this org will still be drafting "big men with skill".

Rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad